I have lost my objectivity

You seem to have forgotten that Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Libertarian is the party where you throw your vote away and unless you are Republican or Democrat, you don't win because you will never have a majority of the votes so your vote is thrown away.

Libertarian is that party that wants to legalize things that are illegal and think I'm going to go along with it when I'm not.

Libertarians believe that all people and corporations are essentially good, which is why I call it the preschool of political ideology.

What evidence do you have that everyone is fundamentally evil? Given your expressed belief that everyone is evil, why do you support government?

You are realizing that the racist pussies don't represent your views. Stay conservative...race is not an issue!

But yet real conservatives (rich old white men) ARE racist. I know many.

Middle class conservatives are miserly cheap, idiotically believe they live in a shack in the woods with a shot gun and believe the government is after them. Most are divorced because the wife had enough, and the ones that remain married through death have wives that buy a new car with power windows and air conditioning, upgrade the house from 1950, and install a garage door opener before their hubby's body is cold.

I know more than you do, and not a single one of them is racist.

Yep. I have. For the first time in forever, I slipped, and will freely admit it. I became the petty partisan I once was in my younger years. For a few days now I have been that way. As such, I must apologize to my friends and foes alike, for not getting me at my best. For that a promise will be made to make the more objective arguments most of you have come to expect from me. Objectivity is valuable to me.

I was a neoconservative in 2011. But I finally shed the tin foil hat and became a Moderate Republican in 2012. As of last year, I became a libertarian and ditched the Republican Party for good. There is no hope for either party in my mind. Likewise, there is no excuse for my lack of objective debate. That is it, that is all.

Have thee all a splendid night, my friends.

TK

Why should you care? What jobs have any politicians made?
Haven't any of the politicians lied enough?

What is objective?

ob·jec·tive
əbˈjektiv/Submit
adjective
(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obj...=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=objective&tbm=nws

When the source is the people or party instead of facts, any information is influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing of the facts. Who doesn't become biased by their own personal feelings or opinions?

I tell people what I've learned about economics and how the parties make things worse for economics and what I hear from people is, "I don't care." I don't have enough money to retire on but everyone tells me that I shouldn't worry about taxes. What is good for you isn't necessarily good for me. How merciful are the taxes by taking from me and not giving me retirement and giving them to other people. Haven't I worked hard enough? Now I have to work till I die.

Educated, intelligent, and objective individuals account for bias by investigating and weighing all the evidence.

Period.

Yep. I have. For the first time in forever, I slipped, and will freely admit it. I became the petty partisan I once was in my younger years. For a few days now I have been that way. As such, I must apologize to my friends and foes alike, for not getting me at my best. For that a promise will be made to make the more objective arguments most of you have come to expect from me. Objectivity is valuable to me.

I was a neoconservative in 2011. But I finally shed the tin foil hat and became a Moderate Republican in 2012. As of last year, I became a libertarian and ditched the Republican Party for good. There is no hope for either party in my mind. Likewise, there is no excuse for my lack of objective debate. That is it, that is all.

TK

Objectivity is over rated, it works great if you are a scientist, or looking for a new BBQ, but in politics it only works if you don't care about the issues.

The reverse actually. Playing it your way reveals the bad folks like you.

TK

Why should you care? What jobs have any politicians made?
Haven't any of the politicians lied enough?

What is objective?

ob·jec·tive
əbˈjektiv/Submit
adjective
(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obj...=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=objective&tbm=nws

When the source is the people or party instead of facts, any information is influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing of the facts. Who doesn't become biased by their own personal feelings or opinions?

I tell people what I've learned about economics and how the parties make things worse for economics and what I hear from people is, "I don't care." I don't have enough money to retire on but everyone tells me that I shouldn't worry about taxes. What is good for you isn't necessarily good for me. How merciful are the taxes by taking from me and not giving me retirement and giving them to other people. Haven't I worked hard enough? Now I have to work till I die.

Educated, intelligent, and objective individuals account for bias by investigating and weighing all the evidence.

Period.

Educated and intelligent individuals know it is impossible to weigh all the evidence. They account for this when they make they form their opinions and are willing to change it if they find out they are wrong,

If you ever do that last part you can lecture people about being objective.

TK

Objectivity is over rated, it works great if you are a scientist, or looking for a new BBQ, but in politics it only works if you don't care about the issues.

The reverse actually. Playing it your way reveals the bad folks like you.

I don't play it my way, asshole, I play it the right way. That might confuse you since you are always playing it the wrong way, but that is your problem, not mine.

Libertarian?

The party of "I got mine so fuck everyone else"

But TK doesn't have anything

TK

Your ideology seems to be a work in progress. Glad to see your world-view wasn't set in stone at too young an age. If we're both still around in a few years I'll be intrigued to see the mature product of your journey. Keep many colors on your palette and tack against the wind whenever possible.

TK

To be truly objective one must eschew political doctrine, dogma, and ideology altogether, and pursue a pragmatic course of action – not easily done.

And that includes ‘libertarianism.’

TK

Right on time, yet another one of TK's mea culpa threads.

What you really are is what my dear old dad, who WORKED for a living, used to call

tits on a pup.

Grow up, quit your incessant whining, leave your silly ass cardboard sward at home and get a frikken job already.

I have no respect for a lazy little blow hard who does not earn his own way -- so its hard to talk to you like you're a human being but -

I was a Richard Lamm Democrat in Dave Nolan's Denver living room when Libertarian party was born - (and many years later, in Tucson). You have never posted anything that would lead me to believe you could ever agree with his vision.

I think you are floundering, trying to find your way. I also think you're a follower.

You need to get some real education and some real life experience. You always sound like you're mid-teens. That's why I asked your age.

Grow some balls of your own. Quit acting like a bobble headed tee potty and think for yourself. And gawd day-um, stand up like a man, do for yourself, pay your own way and quit being the welfare mascot for USMess.

Really, I strongly suggest getting some education under your belt and I mean REAL education and quit all the embarrassing swaggering around on a message board. And christ, stop these mea culpa threads.

Libertarian?

The party of "I got mine so fuck everyone else"

But TK doesn't have anything

He has everything that someone else gave him.

Gawd, but this kid is a trip down memory lane. He makes me remember those late night, beer-fueled, philosophy arguments in college.

Good stuff, sure. But, there comes a time when you have to grow up, move out and think for yourself.

So far, Young Master Cardboard Sword has been unable to do that FOR HIMSELF.

You seem to have forgotten that Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Libertarian is the party where you throw your vote away and unless you are Republican or Democrat, you don't win because you will never have a majority of the votes so your vote is thrown away.

Libertarian is that party that wants to legalize things that are illegal and think I'm going to go along with it when I'm not.

Libertarians believe that all people and corporations are essentially good, which is why I call it the preschool of political ideology.

‘Libertarianism’ is anything but ‘objective'; it’s fundamentally naïve, reactionary, and flawed – it is in essence anathema to our Constitutional Republic and the doctrine of the rule of law, Commerce Clause jurisprudence being a prime example.

Last edited:
I have lost my objectivity

When will you lose your virginity?

... :laugh:

Sorry sorry! My bad everyone! Carry on with the thread! :rofl:

Uh no - you hit it on the head.

It funny to see someone talk about their younger days when they're not even out of diapers.

Also important to remember that we were all there at one time - All of us were opinionated know it alls like TK and really, just like him, we knew nothing at all.

Note to TK - if you really want the truth of it all, shut your mouth while your grandmother talks and remember every word she speaks. It won't be very long before she's gone and, right or wrong, oral history is the real gem.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6RXPB9Zn4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6RXPB9Zn4[/ame]

It's USMB. I acted like a moderate my entire life until I saw some of the unbelievable BS spewed by people on here. I guess I'm not exposed enough to the other side in real life.

Strange...it was just the opposite for me.

I thought I was extremely far right until I got here and discovered to my mild surprise, that I was actually pretty moderate.

It's USMB. I acted like a moderate my entire life until I saw some of the unbelievable BS spewed by people on here. I guess I'm not exposed enough to the other side in real life.

Strange...it was just the opposite for me.

I thought I was extremely far right until I got here and discovered to my mild surprise, that I was actually pretty moderate.

LOL...I can see that. There are some pretty extreme people on this forum. But let's not confuse the wackos with true conservatism.

And let's not be deceived by the false identities projected by Hasbarats.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDs8Vn6yYJo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDs8Vn6yYJo[/ame]

I have no respect for a lazy little blow hard who does not earn his own way -- so its hard to talk to you like you're a human being but -

I was a Richard Lamm Democrat in Dave Nolan's Denver living room when Libertarian party was born - (and many years later, in Tucson). You have never posted anything that would lead me to believe you could ever agree with his vision.

I think you are floundering, trying to find your way. I also think you're a follower.

You need to get some real education and some real life experience. You always sound like you're mid-teens. That's why I asked your age.

Grow some balls of your own. Quit acting like a bobble headed tee potty and think for yourself. And gawd day-um, stand up like a man, do for yourself, pay your own way and quit being the welfare mascot for USMess.

Really, I strongly suggest getting some education under your belt and I mean REAL education and quit all the embarrassing swaggering around on a message board. And christ, stop these mea culpa threads.

You know there is a difference between being a libertarian and a member of the Libertarian Party, don't you?

Forum List

Back