I think we must fight all religous extremism.

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
We must fight all religious extremism no matter what religion.
-Islamic extremist that want to force people to adopt their religion=Islamic extremist.
-Christian extremist must be treated the same
-Jewish Extremist must be treated the same

on down the list

Who agrees with me? It should be fought against at every turn!

-Islamic extremist that want to force people to adopt their religion=Islamic extremist.

on down the list

And fundamentalism (literal-ism) by its very nature leads to extremism

What about racism? Shouldn't we all fight that too? Biased hateful views of others isn't limited to religion.......

on down the list

I think we should start by fighting your call for extremism.

on down the list

I don't think there's a need to fight non-violent, non-abusive religious extremism.

If someone wants to radically dedicate 100% of their waking hours to their religion, and to converting non-believers, and isn't hurting anyone in the process.... what's the big deal?

on down the list

I don't think there's a need to fight non-violent, non-abusive religious extremism.

If someone wants to radically dedicate 100% of their waking hours to their religion, and to converting non-believers, and isn't hurting anyone in the process.... what's the big deal?

The big deal is they cannot be controlled.

on down the list

If they're not hurting anyone, there's no need for "religious extremism" to be controlled.

The people should decide what ideas/beliefs live and die; not the gov't.

If they're not hurting anyone, there's no need for "religious extremism" to be controlled.

That doesn't work for people who want to control others.

When you say "control", what are you referring to?

I'm against a group in the United States forcing people at gunpoint to convert, or an employer illegally threatening his/her employees with termination if they don’t convert… yes, there should be laws against that.

But are you referring to something else?

I'm against a group in the United States forcing people at gunpoint to convert, or an employer illegally threatening his/her employees with termination if they don’t convert… yes, there should be laws against that.

There are certain groups of people who want to control people and people living their religion causes them problems.

Extremism is extremism. Why single out religious extremism unless you have a beef with religion?

Just askin'. I actually DO have my beefs with fundamentalism and extremism, but it has little, possibly nothing to do with it being because it's based on religious belief.

I would like an example of the christian extremism that is currently taking place, that is on par with Islamic extremism?

I would like an example of the christian extremism that is currently taking place, that is on par with Islamic extremism?

Id like a million dollars in my bank account by 5pm.

We don't always get what we would like in life.

There are certain groups of people who want to control people and people living their religion causes them problems.

Yea, but we shouldn't prohibit someone from practicing their religion (to any extent, extreme or passively) if they are not hurting other individuals, correct?

Yea, but we shouldn't prohibit someone from practicing their religion (to any extent, extreme or passively) if they are not hurting other individuals, correct?

Man should be free to worship God according to the dictates of their conscience.

"Choose this day whom you will serve."

We cannot be a good people unless we have the choice to be good. If we cannot choose evil, we cannot be good.

on down the list

Agreed.

But you should put Atheist-extemists to that list as well.

on down the list

What exactly do you mean by "fight"?

Westboro Baptist Church.
Ku Klux Klan
The Troubles in Northern Ireland (although largely subsided, it is very recent)
The National Liberation Front of Tripura
Anders Behring Breivik
The Lord's Resistance Army
Army of God
Concerned Christians (deported from Israel for their attempts to destroy mosques to facilitate the return of Christ)

Now, I am not presenting the position that Christian extremism is nearly as widespread as Islamic extremism. On that point I would agree with you. However, if you want examples of Christian extremism on par with Islamic extremism, they exist. It may not be the best idea to ask for something as if it does not exist to prove a point. That Islamic extremism is more widespread is a far more demonstrable and valid point.

Forum List

Back