I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

I wouldn’t convict that cop of anything. It was a good shooting. Does anyone think he grabbed the taser and not the cops gun on purpose? Hell no, he just happened to grab the wrong one. And then he used it. Would he have fired the gun if he’d grabbed that? Yes.

So person like that would be capable of what? Running and car jacking someone? Yes. High speed chase killing others? Yes.

The best place to put him down was right there in the parking lot before it got even worse.
Prove your conjecture is true. I will wait.
There’s already a long list of actions that point to the strong possibility of him escalating further. He never fails to do so during the encounter.

He went from driving drunk to passing out to resisting arrest to punching cops to taking their weapons to pointing the weapon at them to firing the weapon.

So you tell me WTF makes you think he wouldn’t have made things worse from there?

" So you tell me WTF makes you think he wouldn’t have made things worse from there? "

The fact that he didnt have a weapon, he was running, and I cant predict the future. Now can you tell me WTF makes you think you can predict what someone is going to do?
Their previous actions you dumb ass.

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.
What if the cop threatens your life or family but claims you attacked him for no reason?
Different story.
All I saw is a violent person trying to harm 2 police officers and if he reached their guns he was gonna use it...I'm sorry but I cant support that kind of behavior and I'm super anti gun and pro banning guns altogether and join the civilised world.

Did you see the video about how it all started? One cop wanted to deescalate - but the other one didn't. Rayshard Brooks was very respectful in the beginning. After what recently happened with George Floyd - no wonder he became excited and scared.
Once he resisted arrest...the police were correct to retaliate to subdue the suspect. Once he took their weapon...he earned his shooting. You don't get to do that.

We strongly disagree on that. He didn't deserve to die.
He could've killed both of them. He tried to get the guns but luckily he got the taser. Besides he was behind the wheels and he couldve killed innocent people while driving. I just can't find excuses for his behavior, he put many lives in danger including his.
Cops are not allowed to kill someone because they could've done something. If that was the case they could just pull you over and shoot you in the face because you couldve had a gun and was going to kill them.
Its called reasonable suspicion

when the black guy became violent and ran away with a taser he became a threat to public safety
Thats not what the police chief and DA said. Also if that was true he wouldnt have gotten fired and will be charged by Wed.
Consider the source

a bedwetting lib mayor and an appointed lib police chief who are not leaders but instead followers of the mob

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.
What if the cop threatens your life or family but claims you attacked him for no reason?
Different story.
All I saw is a violent person trying to harm 2 police officers and if he reached their guns he was gonna use it...I'm sorry but I cant support that kind of behavior and I'm super anti gun and pro banning guns altogether and join the civilised world.

Did you see the video about how it all started? One cop wanted to deescalate - but the other one didn't. Rayshard Brooks was very respectful in the beginning. After what recently happened with George Floyd - no wonder he became excited and scared.
Once he resisted arrest...the police were correct to retaliate to subdue the suspect. Once he took their weapon...he earned his shooting. You don't get to do that.

We strongly disagree on that. He didn't deserve to die.
He could've killed both of them. He tried to get the guns but luckily he got the taser. Besides he was behind the wheels and he couldve killed innocent people while driving. I just can't find excuses for his behavior, he put many lives in danger including his.
Cops are not allowed to kill someone because they could've done something. If that was the case they could just pull you over and shoot you in the face because you couldve had a gun and was going to kill them.
Its called reasonable suspicion

when the black guy became violent and ran away with a taser he became a threat to public safety
Thats not what the police chief and DA said. Also if that was true he wouldnt have gotten fired and will be charged by Wed.
Consider the source

a bedwetting lib mayor and an appointed lib police chief who are not leaders but instead followers of the mob
I did consider the source. If he was in the right he wouldnt have gotten fired and be facing charges shortly. That doesnt do much for your argument.

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

They are not to shoot anyone running from them. They are to give chase or call for backup. This came from the DA and the police chief.
If someone points a weapon at them....
The weapon has to be a gun or a car and or he has to be coming at them with say a knife.
True or false, a taser could have incapacitated the police officer.
True. However incapacitated is not dead. Fear of your life is the requirement.

Wow...ok. And if one of the taser probes hits you in the eye?

Wait, let me guess, they should have let the guy shoot at them just to see if the probe was going to blind them.

I don't think your view is very realistic.

I wouldn’t convict that cop of anything. It was a good shooting. Does anyone think he grabbed the taser and not the cops gun on purpose? Hell no, he just happened to grab the wrong one. And then he used it. Would he have fired the gun if he’d grabbed that? Yes.

So person like that would be capable of what? Running and car jacking someone? Yes. High speed chase killing others? Yes.

The best place to put him down was right there in the parking lot before it got even worse.
Prove your conjecture is true. I will wait.
There’s already a long list of actions that point to the strong possibility of him escalating further. He never fails to do so during the encounter.

He went from driving drunk to passing out to resisting arrest to punching cops to taking their weapons to pointing the weapon at them to firing the weapon.

So you tell me WTF makes you think he wouldn’t have made things worse from there?

" So you tell me WTF makes you think he wouldn’t have made things worse from there? "

The fact that he didnt have a weapon, he was running, and I cant predict the future. Now can you tell me WTF makes you think you can predict what someone is going to do?
Their previous actions you dumb ass.
His previous actions was that he was cooperating and then running. Now explain how someone running from you is going to come back for your gun?

Is it racist to point out that loving father Rayshard Brooks was charged with cruelty to children, false imprisonment, battery on family member, and much more? Why hasn't the media mentioned this?
I have not seen any of that reported in the lib news media

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

They are not to shoot anyone running from them. They are to give chase or call for backup. This came from the DA and the police chief.
The weapon has to be a gun or a car and or he has to be coming at them with say a knife.

Wait, let me guess, they should have let the guy shoot at them just to see if the probe was going to blind them.

Well he already had shot it and missed. They didnt have to shoot him.

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

Again, your view is not very realistic.

If he was in the right he wouldnt have gotten fired
Of course he would be fired by a political movement that wants to fire all the cops

no one on the left cares about the cops
Fair enough. How about when he gets charged for manslaughter or murder for breaking the rules of deadly force? Are you going to claim those rules didnt exist before that?

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

Again, your view is not very realistic.
Whats unrealistic about it? What was he going to do other than keep running?

Is it racist to point out that loving father Rayshard Brooks was charged with cruelty to children, false imprisonment, battery on family member, and much more? Why hasn't the media mentioned this?
Probably because its either not true and or has nothing to do with the shooting. Why do you ask?
It’s true ,, do you see a pattern with all these black men?

Probably because its either not true and or has nothing to do with the shooting. Why do you ask?
Yep. White cops killing them.....and their size. Scary for white men.

How about when he gets charged for manslaughter or murder for breaking the rules of deadly force?
I dont know if the police officers broke the rules

but the black guy definitely resisted arrest and was carrying a dangerous weapon so I suspect this falls into a grey area

Yep. White cops killing them.
More blacks are shot by black cops

How about when he gets charged for manslaughter or murder for breaking the rules of deadly force?
I do t know if he broke the rules

but the black guy definitely resisted arrest and was carrying a dangerous weapon so I suspect this falls onto a grey area
Again the DA didnt see it the way you do. Neither did the police chief. I think I trust their expertise over yours.

Yep. White cops killing them.
More blacks are shot by black cops
Not sure what that has to do with anything even if its true. This guy was killed by a white cop.

Forum List

Back