Income Inequailty Rhetoric is Class Warfare

WalMArt pays property taxes, business taxes, sales taxes and employment taxes. They are the largest employer in the US, outside of gov.
You've deflected from your own argument. You've lost, even when I allowed you to set the terms yourself.
Anyone who believes you worked for a Fortune 500 company for 16 years would buy a bridge in Nebraska.

Uh,no. Many times Walmart comes in, as they do in MY neck of the wood, with the pretense of "creating jobs".
They receive a fixed number of years Property/School Tax free.
You are bragging that a shopping warehouse for Blue Collar workers is the largest employer in the US?
Whew! I can see you're living off your portfolio.

You ignored about half my post. You ignored your own post entirely.
I am still waiting for those conservative businessmen who are against schools and people sending resumes. I want names.
You dont recognize the difference between bragging and fact.

It is a fact that you dont know shit from shinola.
I am not bragging that I've bested you in every exchange because frankly it is unfair to beat up on the handicapped.

I asked FIRST for 5 names and haven't gotten ONE.
There's hundreds of CEOs in major corporations who say that all Americans are stupid and lazy.
The onus is on YOU since off-shoring and business visas are FACTS.

Now get your retired fingers to work.

Question why does a income gap need to be closed to bring people out of poverty?
Income inequality is a hollow rhetoric that its only purpose is to promote class warfare and income redistribution
Wealth is not finite it can be created there is not one pie that needs to be divided evenly

I will give an example how income inequality is a failed argument
lets say the poverty level is 20,000 per year. you have an individual who makes 15k a year and you want to bring him out of poverty. You have another individual who makes 100k a years so you have a 85k a year income gap between the two. Here is the question
is it better to take 10k from the 100k a year individual and give it to the 15k a year individual there for bring him out of poverty and establishing a 65k income gap, or is it better for the 15k a year individual create his own wealth and make 10k more a year to bring him up to 25k.
According to using a closure of a income gap as a measure of success it is best to take away from the 100k a year individual then to have the 15k individual create his own wealth because you would have an income gap of 65K instead of the 75k that you would have if he created his own wealth

You see why Income inequality/income gap is a hollow rhetoric a useless statistic that does nothing but create class envy and warfare

Please explain to me how one can simply create wealth... Because it sounds to me like you might oversimplifying a very complex argument. Are you telling me that if someone is impoverished, the answer is to simply make more money? If if were that easy, why the fuck would anyone be poor in the first fucking place?

Making Millions For Dummies

Making Millions For Dummies:Book Information - For Dummies

all for the low price of $19.99

Is the issue under the "Equality" sound-bite really "Opportunity"?
I think the "Equality" sound-bite is a Right-Wing tactic to call attention away from "Opportunity".

You got it backwards. Conservatives are about Opportunity, Liberals are about Equality.

There is no opportunity, which contributes to lack of equality.
I want a full time job, but there arent any.

Quality education which includes areas having law enforcement, textbooks, technology and teachers.
A quality education and law enforcement leads to business loans and a more upwardly mobile life.
The opportunity for a US citizen to submit a resume, be interviewed and screened for a position without regards to ethnicity or religion.
The wage is to be determined by the requisition, not by the threat of a protest.

Now I need 5 Conservative business people I can research.
All of them. Show me one Conservative businessman (why businessmen for cripes sakes??) that opposes schools, law enforcement, textbooks, technology or teachers.

Key phrase which you ignored...
"The opportunity for a US citizen to submit a resume, be interviewed and screened for a position without regards to ethnicity or religion."

I have been reading the WSJ, Fortune, Forbes, etc... since 2006, so don't try and hand me the Limbaugh line, "Your CEO LOVES YOU!".

Back to at least 5 Conservative MNC business people who are pro-American opportunity.
You name them and I'll research their "opinion" of US citizens.
Oooo....you read the Wall Street Journal! Does WSJ tagline your MBA?

Do you have an MBA?

Here is an idea. Research any 50 top fortune 500 companies, from middle management to the CEO, and tell Me that they don't provide opportunities to be screened for a job without the criteria you listed.

I'll not wait up.

What a coincidence.. I just drove through Carabelle this past weekend. Freaky with all those abandoned homes on stilts. Some nice ones too...of course. Got some "tupelo" honey.

I'm guessing that you are a product of the local school system. Amiright?

Was there a point in that post?

Yes. I was greeting a new member....one from Carrabelle, Fl.

Fuck off, then.

Merry Christmas.
Thats what PMs are for, twinkletoes. So the rest of us dont have to read taht shit.

Uh,no. Many times Walmart comes in, as they do in MY neck of the wood, with the pretense of "creating jobs".
They receive a fixed number of years Property/School Tax free.
You are bragging that a shopping warehouse for Blue Collar workers is the largest employer in the US?
Whew! I can see you're living off your portfolio.

You ignored about half my post. You ignored your own post entirely.
I am still waiting for those conservative businessmen who are against schools and people sending resumes. I want names.
You dont recognize the difference between bragging and fact.

It is a fact that you dont know shit from shinola.
I am not bragging that I've bested you in every exchange because frankly it is unfair to beat up on the handicapped.

I asked FIRST for 5 names and haven't gotten ONE.
There's hundreds of CEOs in major corporations who say that all Americans are stupid and lazy.
The onus is on YOU since off-shoring and business visas are FACTS.

Now get your retired fingers to work.
All of them are for the things you mentioned. Every last one. Find me one CEO who says all Americans are stupid and lazy.
This is the second time I've called bullshit on you. You're going on iggy if you can't do any better than deflect and throw crap around.

I think the "Equality" sound-bite is a Right-Wing tactic to call attention away from "Opportunity".

You got it backwards. Conservatives are about Opportunity, Liberals are about Equality.

How is that the fault of anyone but government? Job opportunity exists in a climate where business understands what burdens are placed upon it for 5 to 15 years out. When anti-business tyrants hold the reigns of power, there is little hope of knowing what new burden will be placed on already tenacious bottom-lines. Hence, no hiring.

Nutters sure have a hard time grasping this issue. Maybe if we had some charts that we could post to show them a timeline of wealth inequality and how it corresponds with the overall economic health of the nation?

If only such a thing existed!!!!

Do these charts work?
The first chart shows household income in Real Dollars. The second chart show the working class's trip to a record low share of the National Income. The last chart shows that since the working class's wages started going flat, that the three recessions the US experienced lasted longer than previous recessions when the Middle Class was strong.
Please note the lack of trickle down that these folks believe happens, yet never has.
This is the second or third thread started by the far right posters here at USMB in the last couple of days. This clearly shows that their talking heads have instilled some new talking points based on opinions and not facts. :lol:

Attachments

• $household-incomes-mean-real.gif
    $household-incomes-mean-real.gif
    54.6 KB · Views: 74
  • $PRS85006173_Max_630_378.png
    $PRS85006173_Max_630_378.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 75
  • $PrivateScariest5-thumb-615x407-104098.jpg
    $PrivateScariest5-thumb-615x407-104098.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 66
Nutters sure have a hard time grasping this issue. Maybe if we had some charts that we could post to show them a timeline of wealth inequality and how it corresponds with the overall economic health of the nation?

If only such a thing existed!!!!

Do these charts work?
The first chart shows household income in Real Dollars. The second chart show the working class's trip to a record low share of the National Income. The last chart shows that since the working class's wages started going flat, that the three recessions the US experienced lasted longer than previous recessions when the Middle Class was strong.
Please note the lack of trickle down that these folks believe happens, yet never has.
This is the second or third thread started by the far right posters here at USMB in the last couple of days. This clearly shows that their talking heads have instilled some new talking points based on opinions and not facts. :lol:

Another lib bad at reading charts with tenuous connections to reality.

Question why does a income gap need to be closed to bring people out of poverty?
Income inequality is a hollow rhetoric that its only purpose is to promote class warfare and income redistribution
Wealth is not finite it can be created there is not one pie that needs to be divided evenly

I will give an example how income inequality is a failed argument
lets say the poverty level is 20,000 per year. you have an individual who makes 15k a year and you want to bring him out of poverty. You have another individual who makes 100k a years so you have a 85k a year income gap between the two. Here is the question
is it better to take 10k from the 100k a year individual and give it to the 15k a year individual there for bring him out of poverty and establishing a 65k income gap, or is it better for the 15k a year individual create his own wealth and make 10k more a year to bring him up to 25k.
According to using a closure of a income gap as a measure of success it is best to take away from the 100k a year individual then to have the 15k individual create his own wealth because you would have an income gap of 65K instead of the 75k that you would have if he created his own wealth

You see why Income inequality/income gap is a hollow rhetoric a useless statistic that does nothing but create class envy and warfare

Please explain to me how one can simply create wealth... Because it sounds to me like you might oversimplifying a very complex argument. Are you telling me that if someone is impoverished, the answer is to simply make more money? If if were that easy, why the fuck would anyone be poor in the first fucking place?

Is this seriously a mystery to you? Do you really not understand how wealth is created?

I understand there are a multitude of ways in which wealth has the potential to be created. But it's not as simple as ABC, 123, there you go, you're rich. You have to take into account a person's individual circumstances. If you don't see what's wrong with 1% of the world's population controlling 40% of it's wealth and resources, you're a huge part of what's wrong with this country. So please explain your solution to poverty by "creating more wealth".

hail obama and his left-wing policies of the last 5years

Is this seriously a mystery to you? Do you really not understand how wealth is created?

I understand there are a multitude of ways in which wealth has the potential to be created. But it's not as simple as ABC, 123, there you go, you're rich. You have to take into account a person's individual circumstances. If you don't see what's wrong with 1% of the world's population controlling 40% of it's wealth and resources, you're a huge part of what's wrong with this country. So please explain your solution to poverty by "creating more wealth".

Youre right. Getting rich is not simple. Yet people do it all the time.
No I dont see what's wrong with 1% of the population controlling 40% of its wealth. Since that is not the case it is especially difficult.
Why dont you explain exactly what the problem is rather than throwing insults so a reaasonable conversation can develop? You can limit yourself to the U.S. to make it simple.

The issue is the rich sucking all the available capital out of the market through the use of a non-producing, non-jobs creating instruments known as the "derivative market". That is a phoney, mythical, non-growing economy that doesn't produce one single "good" or one single "service".

Instead of actually "investing" in a certain industry, which creates jobs, all the money now goes to "speculating" about a certain industry, which doesn't.

That is actually a valid point.

Tell, when was the last time you have heard ANY of the leftards addressing the issue?
when off campaign trail, obviously.

How is that the fault of anyone but government? Job opportunity exists in a climate where business understands what burdens are placed upon it for 5 to 15 years out. When anti-business tyrants hold the reigns of power, there is little hope of knowing what new burden will be placed on already tenacious bottom-lines. Hence, no hiring.

When executives of big businesses are taking pay raises and the employees arent, that puts a strain on their budget which ultimately affects positions and wages.

When businesses try to milk more profit out of their same amount of sames/business, where is that money coming from? Additional costs to the consumer?
It comes from the payroll budget, which cuts into hours and positions.

Record profits are constant being posted and class inequality keeps getting bigger.
When lack of business problems arise, it's because people don't have any money to spend.

Washington is responsible for not keeping a leash on rampant capitalism.

Only about 30% of that top 1% inherited their wealth so there for 70% must of created their own wealth. so what is your excuse

When executives of big businesses are taking pay raises and the employees arent, that puts a strain on their budget which ultimately affects positions and wages.

When businesses try to milk more profit out of their same amount of sames/business, where is that money coming from? Additional costs to the consumer?
It comes from the payroll budget, which cuts into hours and positions.

Record profits are constant being posted and class inequality keeps getting bigger.
When lack of business problems arise, it's because people don't have any money to spend.

Washington is responsible for not keeping a leash on rampant capitalism.

Never run a business before, eh?

No I dont see what's wrong with 1% of the population controlling 40% of its wealth. Since that is not the case it is especially difficult.
Why dont you explain exactly what the problem is rather than throwing insults so a reaasonable conversation can develop? You can limit yourself to the U.S. to make it simple.

how do you control something that is infinite? wealth and resources are infinite
you been propagandized to believe there is an finite amount of wealth. so to be able to understand capitalism and how wealth can be created and how you don't have to redistribute wealth to combat poverty you need to accept the fact that wealth is infinite it is created and if you cant understand or accept that fact your doomed to be dependent

Last edited:

how do you control something that is infinite? wealth and resources are infinite

Over time, yes. I'm just responding to the meme about income inequality. No one has been able to describe what the issue is. The best they do is mutter about revolutions or fantasize some crap like that because they were taught it in gov't skrools. This time wont be any different. They just respond, If you dont see the problem then you're mean and evil! That just tells me they never thought seriously about it before.

Forum List

Back