🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Iraq is imploding. Should we lend air support or wash our hands?

Stupid comment is out of context without comparing it to the 151 fighters released by Bush who went back to the battle.

Deserter? Maybe. And we can wait for the results of an Article 32 investigation for that.

Anyone who takes paralegal courses in legal briefing and shepardizing know not to cherry pick cases because the argument will be deflated.

W is not President anymore, Homey. It's time for Democrats to stand up and take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else. Obama's been President 5 1/2 years now. You wanted him, you got him, you own him and his actions now.

That doesn't give you license to be hypocrites.

Yes, moron, libertarians are Republicans. Tell me again how you're the intelligent party, you're not black and white like Republicans and you respect diversity unlike the Republicans.

I was against Iraq under both W and Obama. You're a blind supporter of the party that was for Iraq before you were against it. The hypocrite is in your mirror.

Ralph Peters is one of the biggest pieces of shit on TV. I've rarely seen bigger assholes on my television.

And his map, like I said a few posts ago, would screw the Sunnis.

It's a ridiculous map: The Shiites get Iraq's massive southern oil fields while the Sunnis get no oil? And he wants to split Baghdad down the middle? Give me fucking break. He's an idiot.

Yes, he is. It would clearly trigger two wars between the Turks and the Kurds and the Sunnis and the Shiites in Iraq.

It's no small leap to see the Iranian Shiites jumping in to support the Iraqi Shiites. Then what happens? Most of the Muslim world is Sunni and they hate Shiites, there would be incredible pressure across the Middle East to help the Iraqi Sunnis. That could lead to an all out Middle East war. Then what happens with Israel? What happens with Russia who are married to the Shiites? At what point does it stop?

That map is the map of someone who has zero grasp of the middle east.

What happens to the price of oil?

We should be racing toward renewable energy, because this ME shit is inevitable.

Price of oil and gas under the USA rises.

Drill baby, drill....

:D

If such a thing were attempted... a simple North, Middle and South division, I already know that the Kurds are in the North... are the Shiites in the Middle, with the Sunnis in the South... generally speaking, and allowing for some spillover?

I would think the Shiites would be in the south and the Sunnis in the west. The problem is the Baghdad region where it's an endless patchwork and neither side is going to agree to be in the other's country.
Syria is Shiite - why not just give the Shiites the western part bordering Syria, which has no oil and where no one wants to live? :)

Syria is majority Sunni. The government is Shiite, but the majority of the people are not.

Yes, he is. It would clearly trigger two wars between the Turks and the Kurds and the Sunnis and the Shiites in Iraq.

It's no small leap to see the Iranian Shiites jumping in to support the Iraqi Shiites. Then what happens? Most of the Muslim world is Sunni and they hate Shiites, there would be incredible pressure across the Middle East to help the Iraqi Sunnis. That could lead to an all out Middle East war. Then what happens with Israel? What happens with Russia who are married to the Shiites? At what point does it stop?

We should be racing toward renewable energy, because this ME shit is inevitable.

Drill baby, drill....

Samson, do we export Oil that came from the USA soil/oceans, or do we use it ALL here in the USA? I've wondered? I think it's time we use ALL of American oil in the USA, if we are not already.

Ralph Peters is one of the biggest pieces of shit on TV. I've rarely seen bigger assholes on my television.

And his map, like I said a few posts ago, would screw the Sunnis.

It's a ridiculous map: The Shiites get Iraq's massive southern oil fields while the Sunnis get no oil? And he wants to split Baghdad down the middle? Give me fucking break. He's an idiot.

Once again the left wants to cripple our economy with expensive, not ready for prime time solutions.

Fracking and lifting domestic exploration restrictions is our near term solution

Drill baby, drill....

Samson, do we export Oil that came from the USA soil/oceans, or do we use it ALL here in the USA? I've wondered? I think it's time we use ALL of American oil in the USA, if we are not already.

Oil is a commodity. It makes no sense to ship oil further to use the specific oil we drilled here in the US. We are increasing transportation costs. Yet drilling is a perfect hedge because what we sell matches roughly the cost of what we buy. So yes, drilling and exporting and importing makes perfect sense for our economy.

W is not President anymore, Homey. It's time for Democrats to stand up and take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else. Obama's been President 5 1/2 years now. You wanted him, you got him, you own him and his actions now.

Yes, moron, libertarians are Republicans. Tell me again how you're the intelligent party, you're not black and white like Republicans and you respect diversity unlike the Republicans.

I was against Iraq under both W and Obama. You're a blind supporter of the party that was for Iraq before you were against it. The hypocrite is in your mirror.

Oh, that's right: Libertarians are the Party of fact-free strawmen.

Wash our hands.

The terrorists are now marching on Bagdad. s.

It is truly amazing.

AL Qaeda is the US' friend in Syria and the administration militarily and financially assists it because they are fighting to defeat Bashar al-Assad .

But once they cross the border into Iraq they become "terrorists".

You don't know you ass frokm a hole in the ground.

Keep the hell out!

Let them sort it out themselves. It's none of our business and there's nothing we can really do about it.

Maybe they'll kill enough of each other so they're no longer a serious threat to us. :evil:

Oh, that's right: Libertarians are the Party of fact-free strawmen.

From the guy who said this to someone who is against our involvement in the middle east and, unlike you, that position doesn't change based on which party is behind the steering wheel...

It's you, in fact. Bush gave BHO a losing hand, and the latter's mistake was trying to play it instead of folding and bringing the troops home.

We should parachute drop Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Ried, and Holder right down town. Let them sort it out.

It's you, in fact. Bush gave BHO a losing hand, and the latter's mistake was trying to play it instead of folding and bringing the troops home.

That is true ONLY if you believe that the Repugnants and Dumbocrats are different parties instead of wholly owned subsidiaries of the War Party, aka, the Military Industrial Complex.

Could be one bright spot in this mess. Looks like the Kurds might finally get their own Homeland. The Kurds are a good trustworthy people. They've been a loyal friend. They seem somewhat sane in an insane part of the World. And they've been brutally oppressed by their neighbors on all sides. I have to root for em. I'd like to see them get their Homeland. God Bless em.

Turkey does not share your opinion. Free Kurdistan would be at war with Turkey within hours of becoming an independent state.

That is true. Turkey would invade immediately. But i think it's time for the Kurds to have their Homeland. They've suffered enough. The Arabs, Turks, and Persians have tormented them for Centuries. I'd like to see em finally prosper.

I don't think that NATO would support such a move.

Wash our hands.

The terrorists are now marching on Bagdad. s.

It is truly amazing.

AL Qaeda is the US' friend in Syria and the administration militarily and financially assists it because they are fighting to defeat Bashar al-Assad .

But once they cross the border into Iraq they become "terrorists".

You don't know you ass frokm a hole in the ground.

They've been terrorists all along. Obama's fucked up foreign policy doesn't change that.

So my being against Iraq under W and under Obama makes me a hypocrite how exactly, little boy?

I have Turkish friends who would gleefully see every Kurd wiped out. To them, the Kurds are just murderous thugs who kill women and children with as much joy as they kill male fighters.
I'm about as ignorant of the Turkish-Kurdish history and present situation as one can be without falling off the intellectual map.

I've always thought of the Kurds as another Turkey-Armenians kind of situation, wherein the Turks have been heavily (sometimes, violently) repressing the Kurds for generations, stretching back far into Ottoman times, with the Kurds having a sufficient binding identity and persistence to continue to remain a thorn in the Turkish side for a very long time.

Many Westerners sympathize with the Armenians while still thinking of the Turks as friends and allies.

It's my perception that many Westerners sympathize with the Kurds, too, while still thinking of the Turks as friends and allies.

Albeit with the caveat that the Kurds have taken to terror tactics as a component of their continuing struggle against the Turks, and that Westerners, as a rule, do not approve of terror tactics.

Did I get it right?

Most Americans are so ignorant of Kurds that they thing Kurd is something that goes along with whey. Maybe not even that much. They don't care. They (like you) have feelings and the feeling is that everyone could get along. They can't.

This is worth checking out Kurds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So my being against Iraq under W and under Obama makes me a hypocrite how exactly, little boy?

Because I knew you are yelling at BHO politically far more than at Bush at the time.

Yup, you are what you call yourself.

Amazing that the far right think they can say whatever they want, then whine when they get trumped.

Little buddies, expect to get worse than you can dish.

Because I knew you are yelling at BHO politically far more than at Bush at the time.

Yup, you are what you call yourself.

I see, you pulled it out of your ass, I just wanted to hear you admit that. Thanks.

Forum List

Back