Is Hitler in Heaven? What about John Wayne Gacy?

Uday and Qusay Hussein were monsters -- but it was their father who turned them into monsters at a very young age.

Could you imagine the consequences of showing any moral fiber if you were 8 or 10 or 14 or whatever and your father was Saddam Hussein?

How would you judge them? What eternal fate would you assign them?

I'm glad I don't have to decide.

I see none in you, just self righteousness.

"You shall know them by their fruits. A good tree doesn't produce bad fruit." But don't worry about where others go, think about where you're headed.

Learn the parable of the rich man that prays to God, "Lord, thank you for not making me a filthy scum like that poor man." The rich man already has received his reward.

"The first shall be last, and the last shall be first." I'd rather be last for 60 or 70 years, than to be last for eternity.

Jesus warned against being self righteous, and thinking that you're already "saved".
Jesus said, "There will be many that come to me on the last day and say, Didn't I cast out demons in your name, and didn't I prophecy in your name?" And he will answer them, "I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."

There are so many here that think they are "saved", that are far from God. Greed, egotism, and heartlessness lead to perdition.

Careful, there.

Let God judge between the two of us. Hopefully He will be merciful to both of us. Because I know I need mercy. Im not a gambling man, but I could bet Hangover needs it too.
"All have come short of the glory"...And I don't pretend to be holy.

The beautiful part of the Gospel is that when we recieve our Eternal rewards, we wont be the same people we are now. Christ will change us. And we will be our true selves.
Believing that Jesus will magically change anyone from being greedy, egotistical and heartless later on, doesn't justify those actions. It's like Hitler showing up at the Pearly gates and saying, "Okay, I'm ready for the transformation now." There are consequences to all our actions, that's another reason for reincarnation. Besides Elijah being reincarnated as John the Baptist, for the benefit of the plan, we must all pay off our Karma. Hitler's Dharma may take thousands of years.

okay let me throw in a pagan twist.....i think yall just have some major egos problems here....do you really think humans can comprehend a god? or that a god can comprehend humans.....we are like ants to the gods...simple as that...they have no care for what becomes of us....yet you think you can plead and beg your gods into doing what you want? or caring what you want?

If we were created by a god, or even gods, I see no reason they would have anymore trouble comprehending us than we have comprehending a computer or an internal combustion engine.

okay let me throw in a pagan twist.....i think yall just have some major egos problems here....do you really think humans can comprehend a god? or that a god can comprehend humans.....we are like ants to the gods...simple as that...they have no care for what becomes of us....yet you think you can plead and beg your gods into doing what you want? or caring what you want?

If we were created by a god, or even gods, I see no reason they would have anymore trouble comprehending us than we have comprehending a computer or an internal combustion engine.

You kind of proved her point in a way. :lol:

Careful, there.

Let God judge between the two of us. Hopefully He will be merciful to both of us. Because I know I need mercy. Im not a gambling man, but I could bet Hangover needs it too.

The beautiful part of the Gospel is that when we recieve our Eternal rewards, we wont be the same people we are now. Christ will change us. And we will be our true selves.
Believing that Jesus will magically change anyone from being greedy, egotistical and heartless later on, doesn't justify those actions. It's like Hitler showing up at the Pearly gates and saying, "Okay, I'm ready for the transformation now." There are consequences to all our actions, that's another reason for reincarnation. Besides Elijah being reincarnated as John the Baptist, for the benefit of the plan, we must all pay off our Karma. Hitler's Dharma may take thousands of years.

I never claimed that we would be magically changed at judgment. Christ changes and refines all those who seek Him daily. We aren't the finished product.

I think we would be prudent to worry more about our actions and our eternal destiny now than about the Eternal destiny of a german tyrant who has been dead for 3 quarters of a century. God will do as He pleases with Hitler. Today is the day of our mortal probation.

You kind of proved her point in a way. :lol:

Only if you can't read.

I reject the idea of eternal torture. It always comforted me to think that with incredibly rare exception, my religion didn't teach that.

If I had to make up a heaven and hell idea on my own, if someone was too horrible to redeem I would have them go to sleep and have their energy dissipate into the cosmos.

I recoil from the idea that God would create people at his will, without their permission, and then when they failed to live up to whatever he required of them, he would make them suffer for eternity.

Those that die as taught by the Book of Mormon go no where but spiritually they either exist in comfort or discomfort. Until the Judgement day. Haven't read far enough to say whether they are forgiven after the punishment or not. I guess I could ask the missionaries, they generally know whats up.

Ya I am active in the church again after 30 years. Well sort of active, I go to services and the missionaries visit.

Ok talked to the Missionaries. As Alma says if you did not follow God and Jesus and chose to sin instead you will be spiritually punished while dead. Once Judgement hits the judgement will take into account that punishment and only the most heinous will be denied eternal life.

I never claimed that we would be magically changed at judgment. Christ changes and refines all those who seek Him daily. We aren't the finished product.
Yes you did, but now you need to change it, don't you. Admitting your mistakes is like confessing your sins. Trying to change what you said, is less than honest.

Does god punish the mentally ill?

I assume that question is in regard to RDean?

Perhaps god is punishing the board WITH the mentally ill?
My question is in reference to the OP, "Is Hitler in Heaven? What about John Wayne Gacy?" Does God punish the mentally ill because Hitler and Gacy would have to be mentally ill, in my opinion, to do what they did.

Last edited:

Yes you did, but now you need to change it, don't you. Admitting your mistakes is like confessing your sins. Trying to change what you said, is less than honest.

Just because you don't understand what I have said doesn't mean I've changed anything or committed any sin. It's quite possible that I was unclear in my original message, and if so I apologize.

However, it seems to me that you are looking for an excuse for me to be wrong specifically to ignore everything I said. If it is, you don't have to worry, there are plenty of things I get wrong. I doubt I could make a sufficient list. You can choose whatever you want. But it doesn't change the fact that we will be different people on the day of judgment than we are today if we are following Christ.

If you find fault with me fine, but follow Christ. He is perfect and full of grace and truth. I will have to answer for my sins before Him as you will yours. So please work that out with Him. I have no desire for you to recieve anything less than you are entitled to through Him.

Hitler and Gacy were morally insane, demon possessed and evil. By choice. Both men were in full control of their faculties to choose to do evil or to choose to do good and therein both men chose evil and are eternally paying the consequences of it. ( in hell )

There are those who believed on Jesus Christ and due to harm done to them by professing Christians - left the church - perhaps considered other ideas but in the end - I believe alot of those people will return to Jesus Christ as He reveals His great love for them... they sin out of ignorance.. what they say might be shocking but the end result is they are on their way back to God at some point. By faith, I believe the end result for those ones is reconciliation to God. (I claim them as His by faith. )

On the matter of moral insanity - I have seen some occultists - heard of even Satanists - who have turned from serving Satan and are now fully serving Jesus Christ with their whole hearts. Can it happen? Yes it can. I believe John Gacy and Hitler are both in hell - one cannot just snap their fingers and say - okay - I ignored the warnings from God throughout my reign of terror and now right before I die I wish to repent......forgive me God and let me in... No. It does not work like that. The Holy Spirit comes and convicts the heart of a need to come to Christ and then the person comes. Without the Holy Spirit one cannot come to God so it is important to come to God when your heart is convicting you - I do not believe there can be any more mistaking that then recognizing when you have sinned against someone and then repent of it ( or not.. due to stubborn pride ) to the person ( persons ) you sinned against.

On the matter of the truly mentally ill person.. someone who is born with a condition which has impaired their brain - they are mentally retarded or in varying degrees of mental retardation..... absolutely 100% of the time YES, YES, YES, that individual would surely be in heaven and on that note I must say the most child like - most precious individuals I have ever encountered in my life were people who had been born in that state of mental retardation - etc. very precious, loving people - there is a purity about such ones - even as little children and what did Jesus say about the little children? The Kingdom of God would be made up of such ones. But on the matter of the sociopath who has no conscience, these evil, cruel demented ones - it is the condition of the Romans 1 mind.. it has become reprobate and what you see before you in those cases ( the immorally insane ) is the end result. Quite horrific, isn't it. - Jeri

Forum List

Back