Is homeschooling a good solution?

As to your assertion about how the Constitution is taught, I would merely ask where you got that information. I have taught social studies in two different states and in 7 different school districts. I think that assertion is more urban legend than anything else.

As I said in another post as well, again, generally I agree things are stated correctly. But then they find things that aren't there, a right to privacy, a right to an abortion, the right for men to go to women's bathrooms and other things that aren't there. They think all businesses are covered by the right to regulate interstate commerce. You have to be smart enough to separate the definitions which are generally right from the discussions which frequently are not

So, you have a problem with actually teaching based on the Supreme Court decisions that explains those so-called rights? Isn't that educating the students to your side also?

Perhaps if you were a teacher or actually sat in a classroom while these type of lessons are being taught, you might actually have a difference of opinion. But you could never do that, right?

So you've said you've been teaching in a conservative, rural area. I've lived in eight States literally from coast to cost (Connecticut to California) and my kids have gone to a plethora of schools public and private. What is your knowledge of schools across the country based on?

My kids attended schools in Alabama, Rhode Island, Virginia, Florida and Kentucky. I also have a Master's degree in education where we studied schools nationwide. I taught in two of those states and for the Department of Defense. Remind me again where you taught and where you received your education degree?

So just to be clear, if I'm not a teacher I'm not entitled to an opinion. So where's your degree in economics that you can have an opinion on the economy?

Grow up. I have the right to talk about my experience whether you approve or not

As I said in another post as well, again, generally I agree things are stated correctly. But then they find things that aren't there, a right to privacy, a right to an abortion, the right for men to go to women's bathrooms and other things that aren't there. They think all businesses are covered by the right to regulate interstate commerce. You have to be smart enough to separate the definitions which are generally right from the discussions which frequently are not

So, you have a problem with actually teaching based on the Supreme Court decisions that explains those so-called rights? Isn't that educating the students to your side also?

Perhaps if you were a teacher or actually sat in a classroom while these type of lessons are being taught, you might actually have a difference of opinion. But you could never do that, right?

SCOTUS decisions are NOT the law of the land.

For example Chelsea Clinton admits that a new fascist SCOTUS justice can ELIMINATE our right to bear arms. If you teach your students that SCOTUS decisions are the Law of the Land you then would be teaching them wrongly.

Any decision disarming Americans will be completely and totally IGNORED.

Precisely. SCOTUS decisions are NOT the law of the land.

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in
Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the
Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;"

SCOTUS is not the law of the land. The constitution is the law of the land. It says so right in Article 6.

Yes, and nowhere does it say that the Supreme Court has the authority to tell us what the Constitution "says." They gave themselves that power in Marbury v. Madison.

I think the State Legislatures should decide what is Constitutional. If you think about it, that really would be the test that's consistent with how our government was set up. The Supreme Court deciding is the Federal government deciding what powers the Federal government has, which is why it doesn't work.

The individual legislatures may be as corrupt as the Federal one, but they have different interests. So at least it's an actual check and balance. Power divided is power checked. The Supreme Court's not power divided, it's power condensed

The state legislatures do have a say in what is Constitutional. They can amend the Constitution any time they feel the need to do so.

That isn't what I said. I was talking about a better solution than judicial review where the Federal Government decides what Federal laws are Constitutional. Hmm...can I do that? I don't know, let me ask me ... I hope you read your students' essays better than that

As to your assertion about how the Constitution is taught, I would merely ask where you got that information. I have taught social studies in two different states and in 7 different school districts. I think that assertion is more urban legend than anything else.

So you've said you've been teaching in a conservative, rural area. I've lived in eight States literally from coast to cost (Connecticut to California) and my kids have gone to a plethora of schools public and private. What is your knowledge of schools across the country based on?

My kids attended schools in Alabama, Rhode Island, Virginia, Florida and Kentucky. I also have a Master's degree in education where we studied schools nationwide. I taught in two of those states and for the Department of Defense. Remind me again where you taught and where you received your education degree?

So just to be clear, if I'm not a teacher I'm not entitled to an opinion. So where's your degree in economics that you can have an opinion on the economy?

Grow up. I have the right to talk about my experience whether you approve or not

No. You are making claims that are simply not true. That is not an opinion. I'm sorry that you are so ignorant on this topic, but that is a fact.

For example Chelsea Clinton admits that a new fascist SCOTUS justice can ELIMINATE our right to bear arms. If you teach your students that SCOTUS decisions are the Law of the Land you then would be teaching them wrongly.

SCOTUS is not the law of the land. The constitution is the law of the land. It says so right in Article 6.

Yes, and nowhere does it say that the Supreme Court has the authority to tell us what the Constitution "says." They gave themselves that power in Marbury v. Madison.

I think the State Legislatures should decide what is Constitutional. If you think about it, that really would be the test that's consistent with how our government was set up. The Supreme Court deciding is the Federal government deciding what powers the Federal government has, which is why it doesn't work.

The individual legislatures may be as corrupt as the Federal one, but they have different interests. So at least it's an actual check and balance. Power divided is power checked. The Supreme Court's not power divided, it's power condensed

The state legislatures do have a say in what is Constitutional. They can amend the Constitution any time they feel the need to do so.

That isn't what I said. I was talking about a better solution than judicial review where the Federal Government decides what Federal laws are Constitutional. Hmm...can I do that? I don't know, let me ask me ... I hope you read your students' essays better than that

So you just want to throw the Constitution out? Typical airhead solution to a problem above your ability to reason.

Well, actually that's not exactly true. Congress can propose amendments by passing bills which, if passed by two-thirds majority in each house of Congress, goes on to the States for approval to become Amendments to the Constitution.

Or, the States can call for a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States, and for that Convention to propose one or more amendments. Then, the amendments approved by the Convention are then sent to the States to be approved by three-fourths of the legislatures or conventions of each State.

So, it's not the easy process you imply, and rightly so.

Kindasleezy Rice was home schooled. Isn't she the idiot that told Bush to disregard the CIA warnings about terrorists that were planning to fly planes into buildings?

Ya that home schooling worked out GREAT!

Kindasleezy Rice was home schooled. Isn't she the idiot that told Bush to disregard the CIA warnings about terrorists that were planning to fly planes into buildings?

Isn't she the woman who is easily at least 100,000,000 smarter, more educated, successful, and important to my country than the likes of you could ever be? Aren't you less than a gnat compared to her?

Oh, you mean the warnings that came in June that pointed to an overseas attack (thought they said they couldn't "rule out" an attack at home) which actually provided no actionable intelligence at all? I don't think Rice's education is the problem. I think it's your rabid partisan need to blast Bush that is the problem.

Isn't she the woman who is easily at least 100,000,000 smarter, more educated, successful, and important to my country than the likes of you could ever be? Aren't you less than a gnat compared to her?

Right you are. She probably had a very good reason to blow off the possibility/probability of the worst disaster ever perpetrated on our country by a handful of sand ni**ers.

Right you are. She probably had a very good reason to blow off the possibility/probability of the worst disaster ever perpetrated on our country by a handful of sand ni**ers.

Thank you for the blindly partisan viewpoint update. Now, shouldn't you be looking for some black helicopters?

Oh look, there you prove again how much less intelligent than her (or anyone above Batshit Boy level) you are. Way to go, champ.

Oh, you mean the warnings that came in June that pointed to an overseas attack (thought they said they couldn't "rule out" an attack at home) which actually provided no actionable intelligence at all? I don't think Rice's education is the problem. I think it's your rabid partisan need to blast Bush that is the problem.

My "need" to blast Bush is that I voted for him twice and he showed me I was an idiot for trusting in his judgement.

At least I saved my disappointment til after he proved without any doubt that he is deserving of it. It's sort of a cause and effect thingy.

Thank you for the blindly partisan viewpoint update. Now, shouldn't you be looking for some black helicopters?

Oh look, there you prove again how much less intelligent than her (or anyone above Batshit Boy level) you are. Way to go, champ.

Still making excuses for the chimp, boi?

My "need" to blast Bush is that I voted for him twice and he showed me I was an idiot for trusting in his judgement.

At least I saved my disappointment til after he proved without any doubt that he is deserving of it. It's sort of a cause and effect thingy.

Sure, you voted for him twice. Because, according to you, he mucked up 9/11 so that made you want to vote for him the second time he ran. You are SOOOOOO believable.

Yeah, you're OBVIOUSLY a two time supporter of Bush. When you tell such obvious lies, you make your posts irrelevant. Now, go check to ensure no one has put a listening device in your lamp. I'm not wasting my time on you anymore.

Maybe I didn't enjoy the near complete collapse of the worlds economy thing as much as some did. I'm a little touchy like that. The lying us into a couple of wars...Hey! everybody is entitled to a couple of mistakes. Right?

Sure, you voted for him twice. Because, according to you, he mucked up 9/11 so that made you want to vote for him the second time he ran. You are SOOOOOO believable.

And YOU know me so well. Ah... But you might have made a tiny miscalculation thinking I give a rat's ass what you think.

Yeah, you're OBVIOUSLY a two time supporter of Bush. When you tell such obvious lies, you make your posts irrelevant. Now, go check to ensure no one has put a listening device in your lamp. I'm not wasting my time on you anymore.

*sigh* Why do trolls get their feelings hurt and whine so much when they are called out?

*sigh* Why do trolls get their feelings hurt and whine so much when they are called out?

I don't have an answer for that. Why do you?

Consider Buggy a sympathy case. He's just some demented old loser squatting in an abandoned motel trying to tell himself his life has any meaning by escaping into a fantasy that he's some badass street vigilante. It's very sad.

Forum List

Back