Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

People who are against homosexuality spend WAY too much time thinking about gay sex. I wonder why that is?
Agreed. Especially since adultery is just as great a sin as homosexuality.

Then there's the fact that some ardent anti-homosexuals are latent homosexuals.

Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals
"Sometimes people are threatened by gays and lesbians because they are fearing their own impulses, in a sense they 'doth protest too much,'" Ryan told LiveScience. "In addition, it appears that sometimes those who would oppress others have been oppressed themselves, and we can have some compassion for them too, they may be unaccepting of others because they cannot be accepting of themselves."

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
It is wrong to think so but you have every right to believe it.

No it's not wrong. Just because you disagree with an opinion doesn't mean it is wrong. Where is your liberal tolerance?
Where is your tolerance for my opinion ?
Tolerance ≠ agreement or condoning.

Some people think adultery is a sin and do not condone it, but they tolerate is as a personal choice and between the adulterers and God.
Adultery is "sinful" because there is an element of deceit and dishonesty involved in the act. I dont think that you can equate that with homosexuality.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

No it's not wrong. Just because you disagree with an opinion doesn't mean it is wrong. Where is your liberal tolerance?

Some people think adultery is a sin and do not condone it, but they tolerate is as a personal choice and between the adulterers and God.
Adultery is "sinful" because there is an element of deceit and dishonesty involved in the act. I dont think that you can equate that with homosexuality.
Sure I can. You equate the US with the Third Reich all the time. ;)

Dude, pull your head out of wherever it is a get a clue; we're talking about the Bible, the source of what is sinful or not. IMHO, I don't give a shit what consenting adults do in their own homes.

Dude, pull your head out of wherever it is a get a clue; we're talking about the Bible, the source of what is sinful or not. IMHO, I don't give a shit what consenting adults do in their own homes.
You make things up to wriggle out of an argument that you have lost.

The Bible says that men that lie with men is a sin, just like other sins.

I tolerate homosexuality, adultery, I don't have to accept it. To me it is wrong behavior, that is my opinion, I don't expect anyone else to follow it. Sin is sin, I have enough of my own shortcomings to worry about others.

Feel better now? When you man up, please post what argument I've "lost", in your opinion.

The Bible says that men that lie with men is a sin, just like other sins.

I tolerate homosexuality, adultery, I don't have to accept it. To me it is wrong behavior, that is my opinion, I don't expect anyone else to follow it. Sin is sin, I have enough of my own shortcomings to worry about others.
Agreed 100% about not worrying about the sins of others. That's their problem.

No. It's not wrong to recognize the truth.

But I think that unless we struggle with that sin personally we should focus on overcoming the sins we struggle with in our life.

Are we sexually immoral? Lets repent and stop?

Do we lie? Let us repent and speak the truth.

Do we covet? Let us learn to give freely what the Lord has blessed us with.

Do we rob God? Let us pay our tithes and offerings to the Lord.

Do we take the Lords name in vain? Or use crass communications? Let us purify our heart and our language?

Are we rude or mean to others? Let us be kind.

Lets pull the beams from our eyes so we can better help our brethren with their motes.

What do you think?

It is wrong for Christianity to monopolize the Straight Rights movement.
It is wrong for Christianity to monopolize the Straight Rights movement.

they've been at it since writing their 4th century book -

th

and continue to enjoy themselves to the present day.

the 1st century events were liberation the antithesis of 4th century christian prosecution.

What do you think?

Adultery is sinful because it is an unlawful use of the powers to create life. It is also a violation of integrity

Being gay is fine. I mean, really, who cares? It doesnt effect anyone except for that person and who he/she chooses to be with
You can think of it in any way you want. Being wrong or "sinful" is completely subjective.
Voice it if you want!

:clap2:

I believe it goes something like, "judge not, lest ye be judged".

We choose and discipline our own personal behavior. The moment we start exporting that to choosing and controlling other people's behavior, the sinkhole yawns. And there's the pitfall of preachy punitive-style religion.
It also goes like this, 'a spiritual man judges all things'. That is because the 'spiritual human' is aware that people in judgment are subjecting themselves to the ills of the worldly things.

Well so much for "Judge not lest you be judged", which is what Jesus said. Jesus also said "Let those among you who are without sin, cast the first stone".

The Lord told us to love one another and not to judge others. Some people seem to think He wasn't talking about them. They're perfectly free to judge, to discriminate, and to shun.

I try to show kindness and compassion to all. Even those who don't believe as I do.

Being gay is fine. I mean, really, who cares? It doesnt effect anyone except for that person and who he/she chooses to be with
You can think of it in any way you want. Being wrong or "sinful" is completely subjective.
Voice it if you want!

Gay men in the US account for under 10% of the population, yet they account for well over half off all AIDS and STD cases in the US. This is a fact supported by the CDC.

However, even though the economic costs to society Dims will never see this as a reason to not encourage such behavior as "normal" and "good"..

Christian Conservatives passed laws to imprison gays long before there was AIDs and when the deadly STD of the day was syphillis- which was rampant among straight men.

And of course, you and your fellow travellers would just as happily imprison lesbians- regardless of their levels of AIDs and STDS.

And your point is?

Why did you leave out the Salem witch trials and Crusades?

WTH is wrong with you?

Jesus never advocated about locking anyone up, neither did he condemn anyone except the religious leaders of his day. Neither did he advocate for government to save us all.

As for the Catholic church...............well.

Quit Whimpering or You Will Go Out With a Bang

The Crusades set back Islamic World Conquest 500 years. By the time the jihadis got to the gates of Vienna in 1683, they were corrupt and had lost their religious commitment. They dawdled for weeks; their last chance to save the jihad came on SEPTEMBER ELEVENTH of that year.

Why do you Dhimmis take it for granted that everybody thinks the Crusaders were evildoers? Eisenhower titled his World War II book "Crusade in Europe." Under a language polluted by New Age sewage, that would imply he fought for the Nazis.

Voice it if you want!

We choose and discipline our own personal behavior. The moment we start exporting that to choosing and controlling other people's behavior, the sinkhole yawns. And there's the pitfall of preachy punitive-style religion.
It also goes like this, 'a spiritual man judges all things'. That is because the 'spiritual human' is aware that people in judgment are subjecting themselves to the ills of the worldly things.

Well so much for "Judge not lest you be judged", which is what Jesus said. Jesus also said "Let those among you who are without sin, cast the first stone".

The Lord told us to love one another and not to judge others. Some people seem to think He wasn't talking about them. They're perfectly free to judge, to discriminate, and to shun.

I try to show kindness and compassion to all. Even those who don't believe as I do.

I see tolerance, not seeing much judging. I show kindness and compassion to all, however that doesn't mean I have to accept a person's actions. I have got my own imperfections to worry about anyone else's.

Adultery is sinful because it is an unlawful use of the powers to create life. It is also a violation of integrity

biology says otherwise, what vows are taken and received determine adultery. integrity.

Voice it if you want!

I'm not sure why any one would care of someone else is judging you.
You should not even give another person that kind of power... so if it bothers you that is your problem.

Voice it if you want!

I'm not sure why any one would care of someone else is judging you.
You should not even give another person that kind of power... so if it bothers you that is your problem.

I don't care what others think of me. I know who I am. God knows who I am. I'm just trying to live a good life, helping others when I can.

Is it wrong to think that hating people for whom they choose to love is a sin?

Forum List

Back