Is the pressure getting to our President?

Trump is asked a legitimate question about what he has to say to Americans who are scared

Trump viciously attacks NBC News reporter in extended rant after being asked for message to Americans worried about coronavirus - CNN

Alexander asked, "What do you say to Americans who are scared?"

Trump, shaking his head, ripped into Alexander in response.
"I say that you are a terrible reporter," Trump replied. "That's what I say."
The President proceeded to launch into an extended rant against Alexander, saying he asked a "nasty question" and assailing NBC and its parent company, Comcast.
"You're doing sensationalism," Trump charged. "And the same with NBC and Comcast. I don't call it Comcast. I call it 'Con-Cast.'"
"Let me just tell you something," Trump added. "That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism."
He definitely could have handled that better in my opinion. He had an opportunity to show a real sense of empathy and calm to millions of people who are looking for both of those things right now. I get that he doesn't like the media in general, or that network and that reporter specifically, but he needed to rise above his irritation and be magnanimous in my personal opinion. His strongest supporters will love what he did of course, but I think showing comfort is better than defending an ego.
You have been lied to by the lib news media

view the entire exchange between trump and alexander before making up your mind

Trump is asked a legitimate question about what he has to say to Americans who are scared

Trump viciously attacks NBC News reporter in extended rant after being asked for message to Americans worried about coronavirus - CNN

The President proceeded to launch into an extended rant against Alexander, saying he asked a "nasty question" and assailing NBC and its parent company, Comcast.
"You're doing sensationalism," Trump charged. "And the same with NBC and Comcast. I don't call it Comcast. I call it 'Con-Cast.'"
"Let me just tell you something," Trump added. "That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism."
That's just his narcissism on display. I think it's too bad if the President can't acknowledge and reassure those of us who ARE anxious, worried and in places where the virus is crawling all over the place, susceptible people ARE scared. But Trump sees that as a criticism because he wants us to be reassured that HE is in control of this.

Trump is an asshole. Always has been and always will be.

trump supporters are arseholes

always have been
always will be

Hmmm, so 60-70% of americans are assholes? Maybe its time for you to move to Venezuela, Cuba, or North Korea.
Yes, the percentage is much higher.

as to the % of assholes, you can thank the teachers union and most of the college profs for the rate of assholiness in the democrat party.

but the % of real americans who love this country, its constitution, and what it stands for. That % will put Trump in office for a second term.
You never went to College, did you?

He definitely could have handled that better in my opinion. He had an opportunity to show a real sense of empathy and calm to millions of people who are looking for both of those things right now. I get that he doesn't like the media in general, or that network and that reporter specifically, but he needed to rise above his irritation and be magnanimous in my personal opinion. His strongest supporters will love what he did of course, but I think showing comfort is better than defending an ego.

Did you watch your own video?

A reporter is asking valid questions in a courteous manner
Trump flipped out and launched a personal attack.

'Vicious attacks"....lmao

After three years, you'd think that these media pussies could take a verbal punch.
Actually, I thought a 73 year old man who had borne the mantle of the American presidency would have matured to the point he would comport himself with maturity, dignity and solemnity rather than acting like a professional wrestler suffering from diaper rash. The president should never punch down. The president should govern.
That he doesn't suffer fools asking idiotic baiting questions is the best thing about the man...The left's sniveling and hand wringing over his refusal to put up with it says more about you than him.
What could you say to Americans who are scared is now an idiotic, baiting question. Another sad, frightening and immature rationalization as a consequence of a cult of personality rather than an informed citizenry.

Trump is an asshole. Always has been and always will be.

trump supporters are arseholes

always have been
always will be

Hmmm, so 60-70% of americans are assholes? Maybe its time for you to move to Venezuela, Cuba, or North Korea.
Yes, the percentage is much higher.

as to the % of assholes, you can thank the teachers union and most of the college profs for the rate of assholiness in the democrat party.

but the % of real americans who love this country, its constitution, and what it stands for. That % will put Trump in office for a second term.

"but the % of real americans who love this country, its constitution, and what it stands for. "

Thanks for the big laugh!

Is the pressure getting to our President?
Why? Is that the goal?

No. But it's a key external indicator of the lack of moral character and empathy and psychological health needed in a leader in such a time.

and crazy old evil Hillary would have been better?? WTF, dude?
You have no clue as to many how of your fellow Americans (if you are American) think you sound stupid or completely brainwashed when you bring up and use Hillary as an excuse or a defense. Of course, you probably don't have the capability of understanding "whataboutism", so. no one can expect you to address various political issues with any sense of competence.

ETo5SSyWkAEWOTd

Fake News and their bots desperately trying to gaslight this situation. But Trump is fighting the virus just like all of us.

Did you watch your own video?

A reporter is asking valid questions in a courteous manner
Trump flipped out and launched a personal attack.

The reporter asked a question and trump gave him a civil answer

then alexander asked a stupid question and trump gave him what for

it was dishonest of the clip you used not to show the entire exchange

Last edited:

That's just his narcissism on display. I think it's too bad if the President can't acknowledge and reassure those of us who ARE anxious, worried and in places where the virus is crawling all over the place, susceptible people ARE scared. But Trump sees that as a criticism because he wants us to be reassured that HE is in control of this.
And the anti trump news media is desperate to paint the situation as worse than it is for their own partisan political reasons

Trump is far too cowardly and as you said, a man displaying his narcissism, for anyone to expect rational, mature, and responsible behavior. His incompetence is on full display and he is melting down over the reality of his situation.

Q: "What do you say to Americans who are scared?"

A: "I'd tell them to stop watching and listening to you worthless fearmongering bottom feeders for a few days, and they'll feel much better."

That's what he should have said.
Didn't he say it will be a miracle?? The demented piece of republican crap should just shut his mouth and let the smart people do the talking

After three years, you'd think that these media pussies could take a verbal punch.
Actually, I thought a 73 year old man who had borne the mantle of the American presidency would have matured to the point he would comport himself with maturity, dignity and solemnity rather than acting like a professional wrestler suffering from diaper rash. The president should never punch down. The president should govern.
That he doesn't suffer fools asking idiotic baiting questions is the best thing about the man...The left's sniveling and hand wringing over his refusal to put up with it says more about you than him.
What could you say to Americans who are scared is now an idiotic, baiting question. Another sad, frightening and immature rationalization as a consequence of a cult of personality rather than an informed citizenry.
What is idiotic about the question?

People are afraid of the disease, afraid to lose their jobs, afraid of how they will pay their bills

Why would our President be offended by being asked to respond?

And the anti trump news media is desperate to paint the situation as worse than it is for their own partisan political reasons

I have never seen a country shut down because of a health threat
What can be worse than that?

People are afraid of the disease, afraid to lose their jobs, afraid of how they will pay their bills

Owning the libs does not measure up to governing during a global pandemic. This ain't professional wrestling anymore. This is the stuff for serious governing by competent grown ups. I wish we had one.

So, a fearmongering CNN reporter is using this pandemic to rack up 'points' against our President. You are no better.
The AH couldn't say we're doing the best job possible now ,,America in both parties are working together and as soon as possible we will defeat this virus this enemy??? He had to attack ??? Thats the POS you morons gave us??

I have never seen a country shut down because of a health threat
What can be worse than that?
What could be worse for liberals?

seeing trump as the center of attention during a daily 2 hour press conference that will help him politically once the health crisis is over

announcing new drugs, the dispatch of Navy hospital ships, a stimulus package and everything else is making trump look good and that drives liberals crazy

Owning the libs does not measure up to governing during a global pandemic. This ain't professional wrestling anymore. This is the stuff for serious governing by competent grown ups. I wish we had one.
You do

Forum List

Back