Is There NEVER a Time to Hit a Woman? NEVER?

Speaking of help.....Bone Broth. I am cooking some right now.

But I don't want to derail the thread. So...just wanted you to know Trinity, that after talking about that other topic, I did more research.:)
My honest guess is that the root of it is centered in constant anxiety (stress) and mercury build up which causes the gut inflammation. I like to find root causes. MD's often want to treat the symptoms which are just a bandaid or bridge to the real root issue

Sorry to other people please disregard this post

I think the same thing. But lets not derail BPs thread and take it to the other thread.:smiliehug:

Sorry, I just find some of these "internet relationships" to be quite strange. :dunno: While I've met plenty of people that I like online, there have been very FEW that I would call "friends," and those are people who I've known for several years from other forums and have talked to regularly. Sister or brother would be reserved for a VERY special relationship IMO, like a person you have known and been friends with for years and a person who has done a lot for you in the past, etc., etc. I also observe people a lot and took psychology classes in college, so I am naturally curious about relationships between people and things. :p

I never said Bonzi was my real life sister. :lol: I said she was my "sister" as in a "sister from another Mister"..."a sister in Christ". Christians tend to talk like that about other Christians and call them "brothers" and "sisters". I wasn't lying, I simply wasn't clear what I meant and you took me literally. It was a misunderstanding, not deception.
Of course I took it literally. You said "Go easy on Bonzi. She is my sister". You meant to be deceptive, dude. Otherwise you would have been more clear.
But that's neither here nor there. However, it does tend to make me wary on whatever you say.

No actually I wasn't trying to be deceptive. :lol: That's actually just the way I and a lot of people talk. I call LOTS of people "brother" and "sister". I refer to Derideo_Te and sealybobo as "brother" all the time because I have respect for them. It just means "someone whose corner I am in and if push comes to shove I am going to defend them". .One of the problems with the written word is that you can't hear a person's tone of voice which can change the entire meaning of a statement. When I said "Go easy on Bonzi, she's my sister" my tone of voice was a playful alert that "you are messing with someone I think of as a friend and I don't want to have to get into it with you". You follow?

How can you consider people that you barely know "friends?" And especially a "sister" or a "brother?" How many times have you even spoken to Bonzi? Why do you feel a need to "defend" Bonzi against Gracie? Is this high school or something? I don't get this mindset that I see around here? Are people really this lonely?

Bonzi, please do not take offense to what I am about to say. I mean no offense nor insult.

Bonzi and I have had many conversations on these boards. Enough for me to know that she is trying her best to find the way to God. But she is young in her development. She is a "stage three Christian" (look up James Fowler's stages of faith) but she is trying to advance and she wants to advance. This is very different from...say koshergrl who is in stage two and has no desire to progress beyond that and frankly I am not sure she could if she wanted to (again no offense KG-just my observation).

My observation is that Bonzi wants to advance but she doesn't know how and as she explores ways to do that she occasionally gets herself into trouble by taking positions that are not entirely accurate. I try to correct her on those things so she can find her path but when others start to hammer her with things she is not ready to combat it does her development no good. But it's also good for her to be challenged because that makes you think and leads you toward development. This is one reason (there are others) why I try not to intervene when she and DT get into it. DT can do a great deal for a person of faith because he challenges you to think about your faith and forces you to to re-evaluate your faith. Re-evaluation leads to development. But I am never going to let her get crushed because I know she is just searching for the path.

Are you familiar with alcoholics anonymous? It is the experienced recovering alcoholics who guide the new ones. I am a stage five Christian. I have a responsibility to guide and defend those at a lower stage who are trying in earnest to advance.

I am aware this is REALLY condescending toward Bonzi and I ask her forgiveness for that attitude, but that's why I defend her and that's why I consider her a friend and that's why I call her "sister"

Sorry...but you just lost me completely now. You seem very controlling.

Bonzi knows she has a prob. Bonzi can also take care of herself. Unless she asks for your help, you are butting in and being a shrink on a message board with a complete stranger, manipulating her to follow your path. She has her own.

I'm done in here.

/unsub

Last edited:
Sorry, I just find some of these "internet relationships" to be quite strange. :dunno: While I've met plenty of people that I like online, there have been very FEW that I would call "friends," and those are people who I've known for several years from other forums and have talked to regularly. Sister or brother would be reserved for a VERY special relationship IMO, like a person you have known and been friends with for years and a person who has done a lot for you in the past, etc., etc. I also observe people a lot and took psychology classes in college, so I am naturally curious about relationships between people and things. :p
Christians are brothers and sisters in Christ.

I never said Bonzi was my real life sister. :lol: I said she was my "sister" as in a "sister from another Mister"..."a sister in Christ". Christians tend to talk like that about other Christians and call them "brothers" and "sisters". I wasn't lying, I simply wasn't clear what I meant and you took me literally. It was a misunderstanding, not deception.
Of course I took it literally. You said "Go easy on Bonzi. She is my sister". You meant to be deceptive, dude. Otherwise you would have been more clear.
But that's neither here nor there. However, it does tend to make me wary on whatever you say.

No actually I wasn't trying to be deceptive. :lol: That's actually just the way I and a lot of people talk. I call LOTS of people "brother" and "sister". I refer to Derideo_Te and sealybobo as "brother" all the time because I have respect for them. It just means "someone whose corner I am in and if push comes to shove I am going to defend them". .One of the problems with the written word is that you can't hear a person's tone of voice which can change the entire meaning of a statement. When I said "Go easy on Bonzi, she's my sister" my tone of voice was a playful alert that "you are messing with someone I think of as a friend and I don't want to have to get into it with you". You follow?

How can you consider people that you barely know "friends?" And especially a "sister" or a "brother?" How many times have you even spoken to Bonzi? Why do you feel a need to "defend" Bonzi against Gracie? Is this high school or something? I don't get this mindset that I see around here? Are people really this lonely?

Bonzi, please do not take offense to what I am about to say. I mean no offense nor insult.

Bonzi and I have had many conversations on these boards. Enough for me to know that she is trying her best to find the way to God. But she is young in her development. She is a "stage three Christian" (look up James Fowler's stages of faith) but she is trying to advance and she wants to advance. This is very different from...say koshergrl who is in stage two and has no desire to progress beyond that and frankly I am not sure she could if she wanted to (again no offense KG-just my observation).

My observation is that Bonzi wants to advance but she doesn't know how and as she explores ways to do that she occasionally gets herself into trouble by taking positions that are not entirely accurate. I try to correct her on those things so she can find her path but when others start to hammer her with things she is not ready to combat it does her development no good. But it's also good for her to be challenged because that makes you think and leads you toward development. This is one reason (there are others) why I try not to intervene when she and DT get into it. DT can do a great deal for a person of faith because he challenges you to think about your faith and forces you to to re-evaluate your faith. Re-evaluation leads to development. But I am never going to let her get crushed because I know she is just searching for the path.

Are you familiar with alcoholics anonymous? It is the experienced recovering alcoholics who guide the new ones. I am a stage five Christian. I have a responsibility to guide and defend those at a lower stage who are trying in earnest to advance.

I am aware this is REALLY condescending toward Bonzi and I ask her forgiveness for that attitude, but that's why I defend her and that's why I consider her a friend and that's why I call her "sister"

She joined a political message board. Not alcoholics anonymous. She has a husband too. :D

No actually I wasn't trying to be deceptive. :lol: That's actually just the way I and a lot of people talk. I call LOTS of people "brother" and "sister". I refer to Derideo_Te and sealybobo as "brother" all the time because I have respect for them. When I greet my staff every morning I shake their hand, give them a man-hug and say "what's up my brother?" It just means "someone whose corner I am in and if push comes to shove I am going to defend them". .One of the problems with the written word is that you can't hear a person's tone of voice which can change the entire meaning of a statement. When I said "Go easy on Bonzi, she's my sister" my tone of voice was a playful alert that "you are messing with someone I think of as a friend and I don't want to have to get into it with you". You follow?
Yeah, I follow, and I don't give a rats ass if you don't like what I have to say to Bonzi or she to me. What is she? Your lemming? Or are you white knighting for her? Good for you, but it means squat to me.
You said "She is my sister". I like you...so I backed off. Until I found out you lied. And it was a lie. Period. Wash it any way you want but it was still a lie. And furthermore, if you want to bag on me in her behalf, knock yourself out. You notice Pillars does not believe you but you don't see me ragging on her abot it even though she is my friend.
Now if you are going to pull the "I like this person so I will battle you if you don't kiss their ass", then I don't need someone like you to chitchat with and I will avoid you in future. Ball is in your court "brother".

And I like you too. Hence the reason why I asked you to back off instead of simply ripping into you. I don't WANT to get into it with you on her behalf because I like you both. Therefore, I asked you to take a step back so I didn't have to get involved.

As far as Pillars...er...Catzmeow...I called her bluff last night and she blinked. I really don't care what she has to say. She tried to catch me lying and I said "oh ok I am willing to prove it" and she backed off faster than someone running from a Dalek.

I don't ask that anyone kisses Bonzi's ass. It's good for her to be challenged. She will learn a lot that way, but at some point I am going to be the Senpai

Even if it were true, why would someone want to post something so personal on a message forum? Weird.
Because its a message board full of anon people. And it might help someone else. And because it is a topic not discussed by most men because hitting a woman is taboo and makes the man "unmanly" which is why most ment don't report it and because sometimes things just need to be talked about. The FZ is for venting out rage. Other forums are for discussing things one has nobody to talk to about it and being anon is a great way to do that. Kinda like my health RA thread. Lots of info in there too, with some using it as some sort of weapon or a "need" to be "noticed" instead of what it truly is.....learning about the disease, sharing experiences with others, getting to know someones "other side" that isn't just chatting about grandkids or cookies or recipes.

He made the thread to express himself and discover who HE is. Maybe he is looking for empathy for what he went thru. I have no clue, nor care. I believe him. If he was this horrible lying abuser about what went down, then Trinity would have nothing to do with him because she has shared some gawdawful stories in the health thread and I think she is one tough cookie considering her circumstances. Sometimes...unpleasant things need to be discussed. Its as simple as that.
Thank you for your nice comments. My reason for sharing was to help other people like yourself in any way I can and to share my own knowledge gained over the years. This thread is meant for the same purpose...to bring awareness through a personal story to an issue that for years has stayed hidden for fear of ridicule which is pretty much what I have been seeing from some people.

The negative reaction has been pretty much what I experienced 20 years ago. People like Chris, Koshergrl, Carla etc insisting that women couldn't possibly abuse men and if the man was truly abused there must be something wrong with him to allow himself to be abused. We have a VERY long way to go in regard to understanding domestic violence with such attitudes.

Speak for yourself, you seem to be here an AWFUL lot

Why can't Bonzi fight her own battles? Why does Blue Phantom call a woman he hardly knows his "sister?" That's weird.

For an atheist it would be very strange. For a Christian not so much.

Even if it were true, why would someone want to post something so personal on a message forum? Weird.
Because its a message board full of anon people. And it might help someone else. And because it is a topic not discussed by most men because hitting a woman is taboo and makes the man "unmanly" which is why most ment don't report it and because sometimes things just need to be talked about. The FZ is for venting out rage. Other forums are for discussing things one has nobody to talk to about it and being anon is a great way to do that. Kinda like my health RA thread. Lots of info in there too, with some using it as some sort of weapon or a "need" to be "noticed" instead of what it truly is.....learning about the disease, sharing experiences with others, getting to know someones "other side" that isn't just chatting about grandkids or cookies or recipes.

He made the thread to express himself and discover who HE is. Maybe he is looking for empathy for what he went thru. I have no clue, nor care. I believe him. If he was this horrible lying abuser about what went down, then Trinity would have nothing to do with him because she has shared some gawdawful stories in the health thread and I think she is one tough cookie considering her circumstances. Sometimes...unpleasant things need to be discussed. Its as simple as that.
Thank you for your nice comments. My reason for sharing was to help other people like yourself in any way I can and to share my own knowledge gained over the years. This thread is meant for the same purpose...to bring awareness through a personal story to an issue that for years has stayed hidden for fear of ridicule which is pretty much what I have been seeing from some people.

The negative reaction has been pretty much what I experienced 20 years ago. People like Chris, Koshergrl, Carla etc insisting that women couldn't possibly abuse men and if the man was truly abused there must be something wrong with him to allow himself to be abused. We have a VERY long way to go in regard to understanding domestic violence with such attitudes.

Obviously, you were looking for a negative reaction or you wouldn't have posted something so personal on an anonymous forum.

I never said that a woman couldn't possibly abuse a man. You are a dishonest person. I'm betting your ex has a completely different version to this story...a version we'll never hear.

Sorry...but you just lost me completely now. You seem very controlling.

Bonzi knows she has a prob. Bonzi can also take care of herself. Unless she asks for your help, you are butting in and being a shrink on a message board with a complete stranger, manipulating her to follow your path. She has her own.

I'm done in here.

/unsub

I don;'t want Bonzi to walk my path. My path s for me alone. I want her to find her own path. Glad you are done...see ya.

Why can't Bonzi fight her own battles? Why does Blue Phantom call a woman he hardly knows his "sister?" That's weird.

Yes . . . it is strange to pretend you have a "close" relationship with a person that you really don't know anything about.

Also, I know all kinds of people. Christians, atheists, etc. Duh.

Obviously, you were looking for a negative reaction or you wouldn't have posted something so personal on an anonymous forum.

I never said that a woman couldn't possibly abuse a man. You are a dishonest person. I'm betting your ex has a completely different version to this story...a version we'll never hear.

Yup, it is important that there are two sides to every story and one is not here to defend herself or tell her side.

I never insisted that women couldn't abuse men either. I have no clue what he is going on about. To start a thread such as this and ask a QUESTION and then to be so defensive and insist that he did everything "right." Annoying to say the least.

As if ALL Christians and ALL atheists, etc., are the same in their dealings with people? Please. Where do some of you people live, under a rock or something? Get out there into the world!

It reminds me of another thread where a poster (or several) are claiming that democrats or those on the "left" cannot be religious??? Ridiculous! I know plenty of religious democrats. They are a dime a dozen here in Massachusetts.

Carla...I hate to say this, but you are a total idiot. What danger is there in posting personal information on a website where you are anonymous? No one knows who I am and no one will find out unless I let them. It's the perfect venue for posting personal information that you might not reveal to anyone else. of course you have already established yourself as a racist, mysandrist time and time again so I really am not surprised by your point of view.

Yes . . . it is strange to pretend you have a "close" relationship with a person that you really don't know anything about.

How do you know what I know and what I don't? I have personal contact (i.e. telephone) with several posters at USMB as does Trinity. How do you know Bonzi isn't one of them? You assume a lot. I gotta tell you, Chris....you are a good looking woman, but I wouldn't waste my time filling out a Mensa application if I were you.

Carla...I hate to say this, but you are a total idiot. What danger is there in posting personal information on a website where you are anonymous? No one knows who I am and no one will find out unless I let them. It's the perfect venue for posting personal information that you might not reveal to anyone else. of course you have already established yourself as a racist, mysandrist time and time again so I really am not surprised by your point of view.

That's funny...you calling me a racist because I called you out on your pretend black friend who could not protect you at an Earth, Wind, and Fire concert. LOL!!!

Go ahead and air your dirty laundry. We can hear your version and guess the rest.

How do you know what I know and what I don't? I have personal contact (i.e. telephone) with several posters at USMB as does Trinity. How do you know Bonzi isn't one of them? You assume a lot. I gotta tell you, Chris....you are a good looking woman, but I wouldn't waste my time filling out a Mensa application if I were you.

Oh, so now you are insinuating that you have a relationship with Bonzi outside of this forum? Stop lying.

Forum List

Back