It's a Matter of Honor - the 8/28 Rally at the Lincoln Memorial

2nd-sub-beck-refer-popup.jpg

Posts #99, #123, and #143.

FreedomWorks and Fox News can bus over all the teabaggers they want....but they sure as hell can't stand up to simple fact based analysis.

Now, care to enlighten us all as to exactly what was the point of all the flag waving, pseudo-evangelism? I'll wait.

FreedomWorks and Fox News can bus over all the teabaggers they want....but they sure as hell can't stand up to simple fact based analysis.

Now, care to enlighten us all as to exactly what was the point of all the flag waving, pseudo-evangelism? I'll wait.

Wait. Fox was bussing people over? for free? Dang it.

News to me. They did have busses lined up to help folks get there--obviously several hundred thousand people would have had no place to park--but that was advertised in the promo well ahead of the event. Fox News was not mentioned.

Nobody knew what to expect at this event. There wasn't anything in the promo materials that let anybody know what to expect. And still so many many people went. They were drawn there for some higher purpose that I'm sure the mainstream media is unable to comprehend.

I know the organizers were hoping for it to be a turning point in which the nation finally regains its perspectives and priorities and we turn it around and start rebuilding all that made America the great nation that it is. At least that's what I got from the rally. I think those who attended did too.

I wonder if we can agree to set aside bitter partisanship and ideology and just celebrate our great American heritage in a "A Rally to Restore Honor"?

The purpose of the event is advertised thusly:

Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.

Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

If not, I wonder if we can discuss some of the themes that will be presented at the rally? The liberal blogs are being pretty critical and disdainful of the gathering.

Dr. Alveda King – the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., – explains why she's speaking at the Glenn Beck 8/28 rally in Washington this Saturday.

Glenn Beck 8/28 rally: It's a matter of honor
By Alveda King / August 26, 2010
New York

n front of the Lincoln Memorial in June, a group of students caught up in a moment of spontaneous patriotism broke into song. But the US Park Police were quick to shush the members of the Young America’s Foundation, saying singing is not allowed at the memorial. The song that was stifled? “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

At the Martin Luther King, Jr., Center for Nonviolent Social Change in Atlanta this July, an official at the memorial to one of the greatest civil rights leaders in the world – my Uncle Martin – removed a bullhorn from the hands of Father Frank Pavone, an internationally recognized leader of the pro-life movement. We were a group more than 100 strong, in Atlanta to declare that abortion is the greatest violation of civil rights in our day. We brought a wreath to lay at Uncle Martin’s grave while we prayed, but due to a King Center official’s barricade at the gravesite, we weren’t allowed. The National Park Service said that would constitute a demonstration.

So much for freedom of assembly.

Symbols of liberty
Americans are hungry to reclaim the symbols of our liberty, hard won by an unlikely group of outnumbered, outgunned, underfunded patriots determined not to live in servitude to the British Empire. If we want to sing the national anthem at a memorial to the man who led this fledgling nation out of slavery, and made my people free, we should be able to send our voices soaring to the heavens.

Glenn Beck’s “Rally to Restore Honor” this Saturday will give us that chance, and that’s why I feel it’s important for me to be there.

Before the words were out of Mr. Beck’s mouth announcing the Aug. 28 rally, The New York Times noted that it would be at the same place and 47 years to the day since my Uncle Martin gave his “I Have a Dream Speech.” When asked why he chose that date in particular, Beck said he had not realized its significance, but in thinking about it, he saw it is an auspicious day to rally for the honor of the American people. He has said, and he’s right, that Martin Luther King didn’t speak only for African-Americans. He spoke for all Americans, and his words still ring true. . . .
Glenn Beck 8/28 rally: It's a matter of honor - CSMonitor.com

Hey All! I just got back from D.C., great experience. The Rally was a blast. I met some really nice people while down there, all shapes and sizes, and colors. It was an adventure. I felt like Tom Hank's a bit, in "Joe Verses The Volcano". It does really boil down to reliable luggage in the end. ;)

Saw a couple of Sharpton interview's, and Glenn on Fox News Sunday. Interesting spread. CNN trying to start a Race War??? Pretty retarded.

intense-albums-beck-rally-lincoln-memorial-08-28-2010-picture1922t-img-1226-01.jpg

I wonder if we can agree to set aside bitter partisanship and ideology and just celebrate our great American heritage in a "A Rally to Restore Honor"?

Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.

Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

If not, I wonder if we can discuss some of the themes that will be presented at the rally? The liberal blogs are being pretty critical and disdainful of the gathering.

Dr. Alveda King – the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., – explains why she's speaking at the Glenn Beck 8/28 rally in Washington this Saturday.

New York

n front of the Lincoln Memorial in June, a group of students caught up in a moment of spontaneous patriotism broke into song. But the US Park Police were quick to shush the members of the Young America’s Foundation, saying singing is not allowed at the memorial. The song that was stifled? “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

At the Martin Luther King, Jr., Center for Nonviolent Social Change in Atlanta this July, an official at the memorial to one of the greatest civil rights leaders in the world – my Uncle Martin – removed a bullhorn from the hands of Father Frank Pavone, an internationally recognized leader of the pro-life movement. We were a group more than 100 strong, in Atlanta to declare that abortion is the greatest violation of civil rights in our day. We brought a wreath to lay at Uncle Martin’s grave while we prayed, but due to a King Center official’s barricade at the gravesite, we weren’t allowed. The National Park Service said that would constitute a demonstration.

Symbols of liberty
Americans are hungry to reclaim the symbols of our liberty, hard won by an unlikely group of outnumbered, outgunned, underfunded patriots determined not to live in servitude to the British Empire. If we want to sing the national anthem at a memorial to the man who led this fledgling nation out of slavery, and made my people free, we should be able to send our voices soaring to the heavens.

Glenn Beck’s “Rally to Restore Honor” this Saturday will give us that chance, and that’s why I feel it’s important for me to be there.

Before the words were out of Mr. Beck’s mouth announcing the Aug. 28 rally, The New York Times noted that it would be at the same place and 47 years to the day since my Uncle Martin gave his “I Have a Dream Speech.” When asked why he chose that date in particular, Beck said he had not realized its significance, but in thinking about it, he saw it is an auspicious day to rally for the honor of the American people. He has said, and he’s right, that Martin Luther King didn’t speak only for African-Americans. He spoke for all Americans, and his words still ring true. . . .

Hey All! I just got back from D.C., great experience. The Rally was a blast. I met some really nice people while down there, all shapes and sizes, and colors. It was an adventure. I felt like Tom Hank's a bit, in "Joe Verses The Volcano". It does really boil down to reliable luggage in the end. ;)

Saw a couple of Sharpton interview's, and Glenn on Fox News Sunday. Interesting spread. CNN trying to start a Race War??? Pretty retarded.

intense-albums-beck-rally-lincoln-memorial-08-28-2010-picture1922t-img-1226-01.jpg

Did they have enough porti-potties? I hate it when they don't have enough porti-potties at events.

New York

Symbols of liberty

Hey Intense. Really REALLY happy to hear from somebody who was actually there.

Could you put into a reasonably short paragraph what this rally was all about?

Who said it was for free? Small wonder why Beck calls these people "idiots".

Here, FYI

Updated Bus List for the March on DC

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/bstein80/updated-bus-list-for-the-march-on-dc

Locals get on the bus for Beck's patriot rally

FreedomWorks has a history with the teabaggers for organizing these little jaunts...and Fox News does the same with it's punditry puppet shows a'la Hannity.

Last edited:

News to me. They did have busses lined up to help folks get there--obviously several hundred thousand people would have had no place to park--but that was advertised in the promo well ahead of the event. Fox News was not mentioned.

Nobody knew what to expect at this event. There wasn't anything in the promo materials that let anybody know what to expect. And still so many many people went. They were drawn there for some higher purpose that I'm sure the mainstream media is unable to comprehend.

I know the organizers were hoping for it to be a turning point in which the nation finally regains its perspectives and priorities and we turn it around and start rebuilding all that made America the great nation that it is. At least that's what I got from the rally. I think those who attended did too.

And this is a prime example of how Beck's "idiots" distort a converstion, and then treat that distortion as fact.

I NEVER said it was for free...you guys should REALLY know your subject before you go off on a tear like this. Here, FYI

Updated Bus List for the March on DC | FreedomWorks

FreedomWorks has a history with the teabaggers for organizing these little jaunts...and Fox News does the same with it's punditry puppet shows a'la Hannity.

Last edited:

And this is a prime example of how Beck's "idiots" distort a converstion, and then treat that distortion as fact.

I NEVER said it was for free...you guys should REALLY know your subject before you go off on a tear like this. Here, FYI

You don't read very carefully do you.

So i guess because people organized buses down there it's just astroturf by Fox.

Fox forced all those hundreds of people down.

Did they have enough porti-potties? I hate it when they don't have enough porti-potties at events.

LOL!!! They had an Army of porti-potties. ;)

Who said it was for free? Small wonder why Beck calls these people "idiots".

Here, FYI

Looks like great community organization to me. I'll give it a 100%. Very responsible. I went AMTRAK, as did many others.

What was it about????? Personal Responsibility. Reclaiming Your Life. Faith. Reaching out to others. Part of what you fail to grasp, was that Everyone was welcome, even you. ;) We all matter, whether in the majority or minority, no one can take that away.

intense-albums-beck-rally-lincoln-memorial-08-28-2010-picture1924t-img-1292-01.jpg

Good. That is always the most important thing.

Funny thing, taking the elevator in the Lincoln Monument down to the first floor, the Woman's line was pretty long. Guess what the wait was for the Men's Room??? Zero!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are a woman, this is a part of your life. Best thing new theater/stadium construction did was make twice as many women's bathrooms as mens. It takes us at least twice as long considering we don't use a trough.

Funny thing, taking the elevator in the Lincoln Monument down to the first floor, the Woman's line was pretty long. Guess what the wait was for the Men's Room??? Zero!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are a woman, this is a part of your life. Best thing new theater/stadium construction did was make twice as many women's bathrooms as mens. It takes us at least twice as long considering we don't use a trough.

There is nothing as disturbing as watching a woman use a urinal. :eek:

This rally was not about Glenn Beck no more than the rally so many years ago was about Martin Luther King. Beck and King are just men with strong views that have or had the ability to speak these views. If it were about Beck and King then Beck now owns the Lincoln Memorial every 8/28 as his crowd was much larger than King's was so many years ago. Much of what Beck and King say is the same.

Something that I feel has been ignored is the reason for the low turnout for Al Sharpton. I
feel it is because for the most part King's wish has come true. Blacks obviously have the same equal rights as whites in America today. There are still many that are held back, not by whites but by themselves. Confidence, hard work, and education is sometimes difficult to achieve when you have someone like Sharpton telling you that you can't make it in America. Depressed Al should encourage instead of discourage. I apologize for getting off topic.

Forum List

Back