It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no good concept of slavery.
It might be OK for some. In Jesus' day it was a last resort for people or families who couldn't pay their debt. it was better than being killed or tortured over the debt. It was a way for their families to stay alive and fed.

It might be OK for some. In Jesus' day it was a last resort for people or families who couldn't pay their debt. it was better than being killed or tortured over the debt. It was a way for their families to stay alive and fed.
Most slaves were not debtors

In the time of Jesus, following Torah, that was a fixed term form if indentured servitude. Not the same as slavery of the conquered people. And while moral at the time, it no longer is.

In the time of Jesus, following Torah, that was a fixed term form if indentured servitude. Not the same as slavery of the conquered people. And while moral at the time, it no longer is.
Exactly my point. Your post must be for Vegas. He disagrees with that.

Exactly my point. Your post must be for Vegas. He disagrees with that.
Morality evolves. Both form of slavery in your perfect Jesus' time were moral then. It no longer is. And the shift in that morality post dates Jesus by a wide margin.

You made the claim. I dont have to prove it wrong you have to prove it right
I proved it correct by giving examples. You ignored the examples and repeated the same claim, that I was incorrect. Now the burden is on you.

Morality evolves. Both form of slavery in your perfect Jesus' time were moral then. It no longer is. And the shift in that morality post dates Jesus by a wide margin.
No, 'slavery' does not demonstrate evolution of morality. It's a difference in the acts that we call slavery.

No, 'slavery' does not demonstrate evolution of morality. It's a difference in the acts that we call slavery.
The concept of owning a human being to do as you wish was moral. It no longer is. Or are you arguing that owning another person is still a moral act today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back