It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Because societal approval gives the fence-sitters 'permission' to go ahead. It would be the same for illegalizing abortion. The hard-core would always get their abortions, but those who aren't sure would probably be dissuaded. It was the same with prohibition. The fact is, prohibition DID reduce the amount of alcohol consumption, contrary to popular belief.

Fence-sitters? You think there are adults out there who aren't sure whether they are attracted to the same gender or not?

There have been homosexuals throughout history, even though the laws against it meant brutal punishment.

Fence-sitters? You think there are adults out there who aren't sure whether they are attracted to the same gender or not?

There have been homosexuals throughout history, even though the laws against it meant brutal punishment.
Being attracted to and acting on are two different things.
I see beautiful young women all the time. Occasionally I'll have fleeting thoughts, but being a married person, would I act on them? Never.
As for gays, my heart goes out to them. It's probably difficult for them to do the right thing, but they can do it.

It's a fact

I dont think it means.jpg

Not playing your game. You can't grasp that no religion is perfect. What makes you think Judaism is not perfect?
What 'game' do you mean? Jesus' teachings are perfect. Unless teachings are the same as Jesus', they aren't perfect.

Nature defines it. It doesn't matter what you or I say about it. Bad consequences result from immorality. That's the way it is.
Nature does not define morality. Man does. And it varies depending on culture, religion and has done so throughout the ages. Owning slaves used to be moral.

Nature does not define morality. Man does. And it varies depending on culture, religion and has done so throughout the ages. Owning slaves used to be moral.
Nature (God) does define morality, because bad consequences follow from immorality. Good consequence, from morality. They are completely objective.

In your opinion they are. In mine, Judaism is perfect. prove me wrong.
I don't know the teachings of Judaism, but how can they be perfect if Jesus' teachings are perfect and they differ from Jesus' teachings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back