It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK fine. Let's hear some Muslim jokes or black jokes or women jokes or fat jokes. See how well those groups respond to your 'humor'.
Nobody is so perpetually offended as the left. (Except they're only selectively 'offended).
I'm gay and I've heard my share of gay jokes. Never was offended by them, knew they were made in good faith. How are you able to turn the other cheek when you're so thin-skinned ?

What a shame you weren't allowed to save all that money youreself that you gave to Social Security all those years for them to squander, while giving you a meager return.
You can thank the party of atheism for that.
Congress, both parties squandered the money, they borrowed from it and it's questionable if they paid it all back and forget interest I'm sure they didn't pay any of that. They thought as their piggy bank not the life support needed by the nation's elderly.

OK fine. Let's hear some Muslim jokes or black jokes or women jokes or fat jokes. See how well those groups respond to your 'humor'.
Nobody is so perpetually offended as the left. (Except they're only selectively 'offended).
I have a Baptist neighbor. He told me this joke. If you go fishing with the Baptist, he'll drink all your beer. If you go fishing with two Baptists, they won't drink any of your beer.

I have a Baptist neighbor. He told me this joke. If you go fishing with the Baptist, he'll drink all your beer. If you go fishing with two Baptists, they won't drink any of your beer.
See, I think that's funny. So are jokes about Irishmen drinking. And I'm mostly Irish.

Jesus' teachings are perfect, and full of great people who have done amazing works of charity. So many great selfless men and women, priests, and sisters who have devoted their lives to helping others. Why do you deny that?

So your plan is to get the US to declare itself a Christian Nation, and amend the US Constitution to remove the 1st amendment?

You want all laws to be from Jesus' teaching, including no sex outside of heterosexual marriage, no birth control, no abortions for any reason, no same sex marriage, no sex ed in schools, etc etc.

In other words, following the Christianity, specifically the catholic church?

So your plan is to get the US to declare itself a Christian Nation, and amend the US Constitution to remove the 1st amendment?

You want all laws to be from Jesus' teaching, including no sex outside of heterosexual marriage, no birth control, no abortions for any reason, no same sex marriage, no sex ed in schools, etc etc.

First amendment?

No, he would need to repeal the entire damn thing. FAR more than the first amendment prevents the US from becoming a theocracy.

The idea that people are free and the government does not have unlimited power for starters. Both untenable in a theocratic society.

The dictatorship of the so-called Pope.

The dictatorship of the so-called Pope.
The Pope does not rule, he shepherds. One of his titles is "The Servant of the Servants of God." Each Mass, all over the world, has the same rituals, the same readings. All Catholics united in reading and celebrating the Word of God and making certain that the meaning Christ's words are not changed as definition of our words change and evolve as they do overtime.

A Pope could not assume a dictatorship. That is not within his role.

The Pope does not rule, he shepherds. One of his titles is "The Servant of the Servants of God." Each Mass, all over the world, has the same rituals, the same readings. All Catholics united in reading and celebrating the Word of God and making certain that the meaning Christ's words are not changed as definition of our words change and evolve as they do overtime.

That does not bear upon what the main poster has been proposing for replacing U.S. government.

That does not bear upon what the main poster has been proposing for replacing U.S. government.
I am merely pointing out that the Pope cannot rule a nation. This nation cannot be changed. If this planet had more land, perhaps Catholics (and other religious sects) could claim an area with the intent and purpose it be solely Catholic. Didn't some early colonists try to do that in Maryland?

Something to consider is that Quakers maintain their own area(s), but many children do leave that life and they are dwindling.

My take is that the government told people of faith to shut up in public places. Yet the secular (for example, the "Woke") are encouraged to shout out. I propose that we encourage all to shout out, not encourage some while stifling others. Can people of faith even raise their voices in the public domain? If they can, why don't we?

I am merely pointing out that the Pope cannot rule a nation. This nation cannot be changed. If this planet had more land, perhaps Catholics (and other religious sects) could claim an area with the intent and purpose it be solely Catholic. Didn't some early colonists try to do that in Maryland?

Something to consider is that Quakers maintain their own area(s), but many children do leave that life and they are dwindling.

My take is that the government told people of faith to shut up in public places. Yet the secular (for example, the "Woke") are encouraged to shout out. I propose that we encourage all to shout out, not encourage some while stifling others. Can people of faith even raise their voices in the public domain? If they can, why don't we?
Actually the pope does run a nation

The Vatican is a state.
When one believes in a "God" that is All and One, that means all and everything. That person believes in the supremacy of his belief and its tenets over temporal law. Borders don't matter, the earth is one country. If that person's beliefs are that there is someone who is the earthly head of that belief, the rest is implicit.

I remember Pope Pius XI aligned with the Centre Party which voted for the Enabling Act of 1933 which gave Adolf Hitler additional powers to suppress political opponents in Germany. I'd call that a dictatorship.

Issues of Faith do not belong in the public to me they belong in the churches, synagogues and mosques. Democracies are secular by nature, they have to be, anything else would diminish them.

Actually the pope does run a nation
The Vatican is 109 acres, just over 1.5 square miles. Disney World is 25,000 acres (45 square miles) and it tried to set itself up as beyond State law and taxes. The point being, no nation has control of the Vatican, whereas Disney World just learned the hard way that Florida does have control over it when it is on Floridian land.

The Vatican is 109 acres, just over 1.5 square miles. Disney World is 25,000 acres (45 square miles) and it tried to set itself up as beyond State law and taxes. The point being, no nation has control of the Vatican, whereas Disney World just learned the hard way that Florida does have control over it when it is on Floridian land.
The vatican is a sovereign nation

I remember Pope Pius XI aligned with the Centre Party which voted for the Enabling Act of 1933 which gave Adolf Hitler additional powers to suppress political opponents in Germany. I'd call that a dictatorship.
That has nothing to do with the Catholic faith. Outside of Catholic duties and responsibilities a Pope--or any priest can have secular ideas and opinions.

Until you declare that your store can't be open on Sunday. Or you ban abortion under every circumstance, or a myriad of other things.
I don't think the blue laws would be brought back, but I think they were a good thing for most families. Abortion should be banned, even in case of rape or incest. It's only permissible if it happens during an attempt to save the life of the mother, but never if it is done directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back