🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's time to start thinking about resistance.

only we can stop the destruction and loss of basic rights.

which rights are you particularly concerned with...what basic right have you lost?

It's not so much now, but what rights we will lose. So far we have lost the right to run a business the way we want to. We have lost the right to practice our religion. We are headed down the road to losing more. We needn't wait until they are gone before we act.

The only accurate part of your post is that you are headed down the road to losing more. Teabagger mentality has been rejected by every sane person. The only ones left are you and a few others without the ability to recognize reality when it slaps you in the face.

Even if the Dems don't take the White House, there are local battles to fight.

If it's Hillary or Sanders, only we can stop the destruction and loss of basic rights.

It's time to organize, to unite, to resist. If there are enough of us, they cannot throw us all in jail.

A little revolution now and then is a good thing.

So how do we start?

You're right. They don't throw you in jail, but exterminate you instead

-Geaux
My, what stupidity. Had they wanted to do that, they would have killed every one of the people at the Refuge. In fact, when Ryan Bundy came out with a gun in his hands, they shot him. And then he dropped the gun, and they ceased shooting. That shows very strong discipline on the part of the FBI and OSP.

The FBI and OSP did all they could to prevent a violent confrontation. They have my full admiration and thanks for the way they handled the whole problem.

Sheriff Palmer? A Judas Goat. But fools like Kosher will be taken in by his idiotic rants. And he will grin all the way to the bank.

which rights are you particularly concerned with...what basic right have you lost?

still waiting for anyone to answer what rights have we lost?

amazing you have no idea how silly you all sound like you want to be the constitution police.

video taping day to day interactions while ranting about your rights wagging your mini constitution.

hey, i have one of those mini constitution books too! get a grip :rolleyes:

again, i ask... what basic right has anyone lost and a when...........?

4FYsNVNav2FI9QP-7JTODiELmDbE5zFvUwoInB4hLPI.jpg
It's not that we have lost rights. The right is slowly taking them away with voter suppression, fear tactics, and gerrymandering. They have become so bold, they are taking away a woman's right to choose. Worse, they are openly holding "kill the gays" rallies.

It's not so much now, but what rights we will lose. So far we have lost the right to run a business the way we want to. We have lost the right to practice our religion. We are headed down the road to losing more. We needn't wait until they are gone before we act.
Wrong.

You've 'lost' no right to run a business as you wish – all businesses are subject to necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory measures as authorized by the Commerce Clause.

You've 'lost' no right to practice your religion, you are at liberty to practice your faith as you see fit consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence; and that Establishment Clause jurisprudence prohibits you from conjoining church and state in violation of the Framers' mandate that church and state remain separate in no way 'interferes' with your religious practice.

And you are not in jeopardy of 'losing' more rights, the notion is ignorant idiocy – ridiculous, unfounded demagoguery.

If it's Hillary or Sanders, only we can stop the destruction and loss of basic rights.

It's time to organize, to unite, to resist. If there are enough of us, they cannot throw us all in jail.

So how do we start?

It's 2008 all over again.

So how do we start?

Start by getting registered and voting. Vote the ins out. Mrs. Bosnia Clinton is a definite in.

I'm way past that. I've even written, called, and e-mailed my representatives. Now it's time to do more.

So how do we start?

Start by getting registered and voting. Vote the ins out. Mrs. Bosnia Clinton is a definite in.

I'm way past that. I've even written, called, and e-mailed my representatives. Now it's time to do more.

Try holding your breath till you turn blue.

It's encouraging to see the left so vehemently opposed to this idea. That means I'm doing the right thing.

You go for it. I'm sure there are at least a couple dozen people in the country who will be right with you.

It's encouraging to see the left so vehemently opposed to this idea. That means I'm doing the right thing.
Nonsense.

Your thread premise is childish and sophomoric, the pathetic whining of an ignorant rightwing demagogue upset that the Constitution and it case law safeguards the protected liberties of those whom he fears and wishes to disadvantage through force of law.

no doubt the loss of jim crow laws left you broken-hearted.

this is why normal people don't vote for your insanity.

Jim Crow laws were unconstitutional, but allowed by a wrong SC decision, and is a lesson on giving the courts the power to make crap up as they go along.

Yet- without the Supreme Court- there is no one to say that Jim Crows were unconstitutional or not. Each state can impose any Jim Crow laws as it pleases.

The Supreme Court gets some things wrong- but the alternative is unlimited State power.

The SC gets things wrong when it makes crap up out if thin air, that don't even have a passing reference in the document itself.

No mention of abortion, no mention of marriage contracts, no mention of public employee unions, but mentions towards freedom of religious exercise, gun ownership, and free speech. Yet progressives want the former to be considered sacrosanct constitutional gospel, and the latter things to be ignored when it suits them.
Ever bothered to read a Supreme Court decision? I'm gonna say that you have not.

The decisions are not the constitution, and I have read several.

no doubt the loss of jim crow laws left you broken-hearted.

this is why normal people don't vote for your insanity.

Jim Crow laws were unconstitutional, but allowed by a wrong SC decision, and is a lesson on giving the courts the power to make crap up as they go along.

Yet- without the Supreme Court- there is no one to say that Jim Crows were unconstitutional or not. Each state can impose any Jim Crow laws as it pleases.

The Supreme Court gets some things wrong- but the alternative is unlimited State power.

The SC gets things wrong when it makes crap up out if thin air, that don't even have a passing reference in the document itself.

No mention of abortion, no mention of marriage contracts, no mention of public employee unions, but mentions towards freedom of religious exercise, gun ownership, and free speech. Yet progressives want the former to be considered sacrosanct constitutional gospel, and the latter things to be ignored when it suits them.
Ever bothered to read a Supreme Court decision? I'm gonna say that you have not.

i think thats 'pretty clear

Again, I have read several, including dissents, among which Harlan's Dissent to Plessey is one of my favorites.

So how do we start?

What are you really revolting against?

No one has taken your guns away.

No one has really taken your freedom of speech away.

No one is making you attend any sort of religious organization.

Are you revolting against paying taxes which have not really changed a whole lot in many years?

Obamacare?

Gay marriage? Really?

When you really get down to it what is your bitch that is worth a revolution?

Me thinks your problem is the same problem that gets me riled up, things don't go the way I think they should. I just need to reign in my hubris and realize it is a really big world out there and for some reason there are a lot of folks that don't think as i do. Somehow we all have to learn to just get along. Too bad the left doesn't think anyone's opinion, other then their own, means a thing.

i see the budget deficits and really wonder if the country has gone mad. but then I think I don't really want them cutting medicare or Social Security. Which the latter still pays for itself but seems to be a target. Funny how SS funding is always questioned, although funding is petty clear, but welfare funding is NEVER questioned. Funny still is how SS didn't get a COLA this year but welfare will I am sure. And no, I am not on SS or medicare.

So how do we start?

What exactly? Specifically?

So how do we start?

Nothing says 'leadership' like asking other people how to start your revolution.....

In the United States we have a Constitution- and the way to 'prevent' things is by having the most voters.

If you don't have the most voters- and want to rebel against what the voters want- you are just bitter losers who despise our Constitution.

If your path breaks the Constitution expect a fight.

Thank you Mr. Bundy.

No problem Benedict Arnold.

Would killing American soldiers and law enforcement be morally legitimate in the name of 'revolution'?

I'll interpret the stunned silence as cowardice. Man up and answer the question.

Forum List

Back