Jesus: Why is He so offensive to others?

People who get nailed to wood in a diaper always offend my sense of decorum.

Do you believe in being kind?
When appropriate, yes.
Trying to purposefully offend people for no reason ....
Jesus was nailed to wood in a diaper. The truth offends you?

The truth is that he was crucified completely naked.

Remember? they gambled over who would get his clothes.

You really need to come up with some new material..
All the paintings and statues of jesus nailed to wood show him in a diaper. That he had his shlong hanging out is even funnier! :lol:

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?
Long dead men bother no one. It is the living who cause strife.

The truth is that he was crucified completely naked.

Remember? they gambled over who would get his clothes.

You really need to come up with some new material..

They wouldn't have been interested in Jesus' underwire. Maybe you would, homo.

Lets just say that....when it comes to small things like - oh....I dunno.....ETERNITY, the non believers are so sure of the Bible being fulla shit - that its very difficult to not consider its proponents as NOT fulla shit.

And thats fine, everyones dissonant in some aspect of life. But I dont buy the non doubt, shy of mental illness. Therefore, I consider every "FIRM" believer to be a liar....whether they know it or not. Or, mentally ill.
Wow pretty strong statement from someone who has faith in just man

Lets just say that....when it comes to small things like - oh....I dunno.....ETERNITY, the non believers are so sure of the Bible being fulla shit - that its very difficult to not consider its proponents as NOT fulla shit.

And thats fine, everyones dissonant in some aspect of life. But I dont buy the non doubt, shy of mental illness. Therefore, I consider every "FIRM" believer to be a liar....whether they know it or not. Or, mentally ill.
^^ Assumes facts not in evidence.

Not in evidence
:

faith in man
faith in just man

Jesus is offensive because He will judge them and they don't want to be judged. I know that's how I felt at one time.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?
The answer can be found in the Bible. They hate Jesus because He convicts them of their sin. His disciples are constantly reminding them that they are sinners. In their own minds, they think they are good people. God's word says othetwise, and they simply cannot stand that.

The answer can be found in the Bible. They hate Jesus because He convicts them of their sin. His disciples are constantly reminding them that they are sinners. In their own minds, they think they are good people. God's word says othetwise, and they simply cannot stand that.
i agree and they havent bothered too seek Jesus and have him revealhimself to them

i agree and they havent bothered too seek Jesus and have him revealhimself to them
then maybe the fuzzy little buttnugget shouldnt wear an invisibility cloak

Not in evidence
:

faith in man
faith in just man
you beleive science tho right the same science that nt publicly admitted the spirit world exists you mean tht onehas

Jesus is offensive because He will judge them and they don't want to be judged. I know that's how I felt at one time.

Jesus judges?
Yes. Everyone will meet Jesus. Acts 10:42. Amazing what you will find in the Bible when you read it, huh.

the book ACTS was probably written by the GREEK FREAK LUKE---who never met Jesus---
did not speak Aramaic or Hebrew and wrote stuff off the top of his head

Not in evidence
:

faith in man
faith in just man
you beleive science tho right the same science that nt publicly admitted the spirit world exists you mean tht onehas
There's no such thing as "believe science."

Science isn't a conglomerate, it's merely a method of interpreting the nature of the physical world.

Truth.....is offensive....eternal truth is eternally offensive...its in the Bible

Not in evidence
:

faith in man
faith in just man

Science isn't a conglomerate, it's merely a method of interpreting the nature of the physical world.
every atheist i have talked to on facebook swear by science and only science...

Not in evidence
:

faith in man
faith in just man

Good for them, talk to them then.

Not in evidence
:

faith in man
faith in just man

of course your comment made no sense as atheism makes none

Truth.....is offensive....eternal truth is eternally offensive...its in the Bible
and?

Not in evidence
:

faith in man
faith in just man

of course your comment made no sense as atheism makes none
Is that supposed to assuage someone of something? Your time is valuable, I'm pretty sure of it because all of ours is.....at least from my point of view. I'm not sure you wanna look back and be like..."yes!! i spent my days telling everyone else where they were in error, on the internet!"

It's a waste of time, unless it's an amicable back and forth conversation from an honest place - or - a roast fest for laughter and a lighter mood.

Forum List

Back