John McCain, American hero or otherwise?

There is a reason he had the nickname Johnny Wet start.

That is the point.

I'm unfamiliar with that term and probably would not use it re Senator McCain. Or call him any other names for that matter. Several of the Vietnam POWs nicknamed him 'song bird', also used by the Democrats somewhat in the 2008 campaign when they made him into the most stupid, incompetent, dishonest, and unscrupulous asshole in the history of the world up to that point as they sought to destroy him so their candidate could be elected.

But now he hates the President as much as they do, so he's their knight in shining armor. It's hard to get away from "hypocritical" in such cases, but oh well. Such is the intellectually dishonest world of politics that we live with these days.
He is acting digracefully right now. Throwing shade at Palin, undermining the president every chance he gets. He has turned into a disgrace.

He hasn't changed. You are just seeing the real John now that he has nothing left to lose.

He's a little bit American hero and a little bit entitled asshole who finished near the bottom of his Naval Academy class.

But generally, the man had integrity unlike at least 70% of Congress.

He's a little bit American hero and a little bit entitled asshole who finished near the bottom of his Naval Academy class.

Integrity?

How much of integrity does it take to thrown US war veterans under the bus when it comes to secret death lists at the VA?

On the eve of McCain's departure from Congress, I see a lot of articles about McCain and his military and Congressional service.

So what say you? Is McCain an American hero, or otherwise?

I was reading an article form the Huffington Post back in the day when he was running for President, so this was back when the Left as trying to trash McCain because he was running against Obama for President instead of praising him like they do today because he hates Trump.

McCain's Secret, Questionable Record | HuffPost

The Article points out that McCain lived a life of privilege. He was at the bottom 1% of the class in Annapolis, but was inexplicably chosen to be a pilot anyway. Why? Cuz his daddy and grand daddy was a 4 star Admiral. Then he was shot down and captured as a POW. When he was released, there was some talk that he was given preferential treatment to be released over other POW's because of who his daddy was. Then it was rumored that McCain would never become an Admiral, despite his daddies influence, so he decided to become a US Congressman instead.

This article paints McCain as someone who is driven to try and live up to his father's success, someone who is more concerned about wealth and power and personal success than about service to his country.

Who here agrees?

John McCain's academic record is of no interest to me other than to illustrate that sometimes the less than stellar students can still achieve much.

I won't disrespect Senator McCain's war record. Getting captured, imprisoned, tortured etc. did not make him a hero. What made him a hero was that the Viet Cong gave him a chance to leave by virtue of his high level family connections and he declined unless the others could leave with him. Smart or dumb, it was intended as a noble act and deserves credit as such.

For some time now I have found Senator McCain's politics to be wishy washy, muddled, and at times mean spirited, at times dishonest. He really would have been more suitable for the Democratic Party. But that does not take away from those things for which he can be commended.

Did u vote for him in 2008?

On the eve of McCain's departure from Congress, I see a lot of articles about McCain and his military and Congressional service.

I was reading an article form the Huffington Post back in the day when he was running for President, so this was back when the Left as trying to trash McCain because he was running against Obama for President instead of praising him like they do today because he hates Trump.

The Article points out that McCain lived a life of privilege. He was at the bottom 1% of the class in Annapolis, but was inexplicably chosen to be a pilot anyway. Why? Cuz his daddy and grand daddy was a 4 star Admiral. Then he was shot down and captured as a POW. When he was released, there was some talk that he was given preferential treatment to be released over other POW's because of who his daddy was. Then it was rumored that McCain would never become an Admiral, despite his daddies influence, so he decided to become a US Congressman instead.

This article paints McCain as someone who is driven to try and live up to his father's success, someone who is more concerned about wealth and power and personal success than about service to his country.

Who here agrees?

John McCain's academic record is of no interest to me other than to illustrate that sometimes the less than stellar students can still achieve much.

I won't disrespect Senator McCain's war record. Getting captured, imprisoned, tortured etc. did not make him a hero. What made him a hero was that the Viet Cong gave him a chance to leave by virtue of his high level family connections and he declined unless the others could leave with him. Smart or dumb, it was intended as a noble act and deserves credit as such.

For some time now I have found Senator McCain's politics to be wishy washy, muddled, and at times mean spirited, at times dishonest. He really would have been more suitable for the Democratic Party. But that does not take away from those things for which he can be commended.

Yes I did because I thought Obama to be the least desirable candidate. But I had to hold my nose to do it.

Yes yes . He’s an example of white mans affirmative action.

I never cared for him , other than to laugh when he fights wh other GOP.

BUT, it’s disgusting how the self proclaimed pro troop patriot righties have turned on this guy because he rightfully has beef wh Trump .
One problem with that
I’m rw, and i didnt vote for him or Palan

Who here agrees?

Yes I did because I thought Obama to be the least desirable candidate. But I had to hold my nose to do it.

Based on what if I may ask? You described McCain's politics as "mean spirited", "dishonest", and "muddled"...

Yet you still voted for him?

I think the OP got his answer.

The same leftists who hate America and want to flood it with 3rd world immigrants in order to turn it into a 3rd world shithole see that the person is a hero.

He can't possibly be a hero that being the case.

Who here agrees?
Oh my, you would never call Trump privileged. Boo hoo.
:CryingCow:

John McCain suffered terribly. He did act heroically under intense pressure. Since then he squadered his good will with a series of ignoble statements and actions.

Integrity?

How much of integrity does it take to thrown US war veterans under the bus when it comes to secret death lists at the VA?

So McCain was responsible?

He seems to display decency from time to time. But I've seen him be an asshole too.

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don’t have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain told a supporter at a town hall meeting in Minnesota who said he was “scared” of the prospect of an Obama presidency and of who the Democrat would appoint to the Supreme Court.

“Come on, John!” one audience member yelled out as the Republican crowd expressed dismay at their nominee. Others yelled "liar," and "terrorist," referring to Obama.

McCain passed his wireless microphone to one woman who said, "I can't trust Obama. I have read about him and he's not, he's not uh — he's an Arab. He's not — " before McCain retook the microphone and replied:

"No, ma'am. He's a decent family man [and] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign's all about. He's not [an Arab].

McCain: Obama not an Arab, crowd boos
Obama is a hate filled the piece of shit.... Quit making excuses for the shit stain you sorry ass fuck

He seems to display decency from time to time. But I've seen him be an asshole too.

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don’t have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain told a supporter at a town hall meeting in Minnesota who said he was “scared” of the prospect of an Obama presidency and of who the Democrat would appoint to the Supreme Court.

“Come on, John!” one audience member yelled out as the Republican crowd expressed dismay at their nominee. Others yelled "liar," and "terrorist," referring to Obama.

McCain passed his wireless microphone to one woman who said, "I can't trust Obama. I have read about him and he's not, he's not uh — he's an Arab. He's not — " before McCain retook the microphone and replied:

"No, ma'am. He's a decent family man [and] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign's all about. He's not [an Arab].

McCain: Obama not an Arab, crowd boos

John McCain is a true Patriot of this country, and yes he is a hero.
Na, He’s a spineless career politician

Yes yes . He’s an example of white mans affirmative action.

I never cared for him , other than to laugh when he fights wh other GOP.

BUT, it’s disgusting how the self proclaimed pro troop patriot righties have turned on this guy because he rightfully has beef wh Trump .

It was John McCain that after receiving the Dossier File from Christopher Steele turned it over to James Comey. Now you name any other Republican that would have done that, and maybe you'll make some sense out of what you're saying.

John McCain is a Patriot of this country 1st & foremost. He was the one that all along sent out the warnings on Trump.

A good book for you to read:

content

Not all Republicans are Bad, as not all Democrats are Bad, and believing otherwise is what has created the great divide in this country.
All career politicians are corrupt and fucked up...

Na, spineless McCain Is just another career politician, all fucked up..

Forum List

Back