Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Keep guns from criminals? Well, we know the GOP's plan:

- Flood the streets with more guns
- Slash the budget of the police department
- Slash the budget of the jail
- Blame results on Democrats

Actually, the GOP plan is to increase the budgets for police and jails so CRIMINALS can be arrested and punished for their crimes and leave law abiding gun owners alone!

Last edited:
Keep guns from criminals? Well, we know the GOP's plan:

- Flood the streets with more guns
- Slash the budget of the police department
- Slash the budget of the jail
- Blame results on Democrats

How are Republicans flooding the streets with guns exactly? What does that mean? And show a link with some actual proof Republicans are slashing police and jail budgets.

:eusa_liar:

You're just making up anything that sounds good to you.

kaz said:
I have a question based on a hypothetical situation.

If I have one of these guns, and get used to wearing the watch, what about those who notice it for what it is? I wear a watch whether I am carrying or not. So I could see the watch being on in places the gun is not allowed. If I am in a mall or a courthouse or at a school function, and someone spots the watch, what would happen if they report it?? Would they assume I am armed in a NoGun zone?
Once we get beyond 1st-gen Smart Gun technology, to 2nd-gen stuff (complete with GPS, remote turn-off/disable, etc.), that probably won't even come into play...

If you're a bar-owner in the year 2040 and don't want guns in your bar, you go to Best Buy, and pick up a Business-Grade Gun-Disabler Black Box (by Sony) for $79.95, which broadcasts a Smart Gun Disable signal for any gun (except yours) passing through your front door ($59.95 with your Super Saver discount coupon, sale ends 05/31/2040 - installs in minutes - programmable and password protected - optional Police Alerter subroutine included, free for first year, $29.95 per year subscription for Police Alerter service afterwards).

That only blocks legal guns. Which means they are only blocking the guns of the people most likely to be law abiding anyway and leaving the criminals armed.

This is the rub for the liberals who think you're keeping guns out of the hands of the criminals with the "smart guns." Smart guns are only for homeowners or security or those groups that want them. It's fine for that.

But that it keeps guns out of the hands of criminals is simply not true, it does nothing to eliminate existing guns or keep regular guns from being manufactured and imported into the United States. That is what you're trying to get at in that thread, and it's a lie, I want to call you out in this one which is to address that specific question for your crap. Smart guns have a use, keeping guns out of the hands of criminals isn't one of them other than a few scenarios which should be under the choice of the gun owner.

Tearful plea from victim's dad in deadly rampage

Unbelievable he would deny over 100 million their rights because of one person. And the left will eat it up. How about the 3 he stabbed to death? Shouldn't we ban knives too?

Disgusting.

Don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll address it here where this is the point. So what's his plan? He doesn't say.

Seriously, you liberals believe it's more feasible to keep the millions of guns in the US, millions of guns outside the US, knives, explosives and other weapons out of the hands of nut jobs then it is that someone who was there and had a gun could stop him?

Even liberals can't be that clueless, you want government to be able to restrict guns because you're authoritarian leftists. The people who die along the way are just the price of doing business.

Unbelievable he would deny over 100 million their rights because of one person. And the left will eat it up. How about the 3 he stabbed to death? Shouldn't we ban knives too?

Disgusting.

Don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll address it here where this is the point. So what's his plan? He doesn't say.

Seriously, you liberals believe it's more feasible to keep the millions of guns in the US, millions of guns outside the US, knives, explosives and other weapons out of the hands of nut jobs then it is that someone who was there and had a gun could stop him?

Even liberals can't be that clueless, you want government to be able to restrict guns because you're authoritarian leftists. The people who die along the way are just the price of doing business.

It is fairly disgusting that the Left tries to exploit such tragedies for its own political purposes. They'll completely ignore the fact that the guy's family did nothing to stop him even though they knew he was having mental issues and that the system of "common sense gun laws" they foisted on us "to keep us safe" was totally ineffective!

Disgusting.

It is fairly disgusting that the Left tries to exploit such tragedies for its own political purposes. They'll completely ignore the fact that the guy's family did nothing to stop him even though they knew he was having mental issues and that the system of "common sense gun laws" they foisted on us "to keep us safe" was totally ineffective!

It wasn't totally ineffective, the people who followed the law didn't have guns. The murderer didn't follow the law. Funny how that works, isn't it?

It wasn't totally ineffective, the people who followed the law didn't have guns. The murderer didn't follow the law. Funny how that works, isn't it?

If the goal was to actually keep us safe, the law was totally ineffective. But, it seems to me that the goal of the law was to make us all easy victims, so I have to agree with you

Felons aren't allowed to own a gun right now, so passing a law making sure other people that aren't felons can't own a gun isn't going to stop a felon.

kaz said:
An that's why your argument fails. It's based on the assumption that gun laws can't be enforced. The truth is gun laws can work and do work.

Do they? You mean like in Columbine, The Washington Navy Yard, Aurora, Newtown, ...

All gun free zones. Yeah, gun laws work, they maximize the carnage. If that's your goal, they work just fine.

Hey Flopper, I started a whole thread for this. Maybe you can do what none of the other liberals could, give us a plan. How are we going to make gun laws work? How are we going to keep guns from criminals when we can't keep pot from high schoolers? Read the OP and solve the problem for us, please.

So Alabama and Wyoming ought to have B-2 Bombers with nuclear weapons, and if you could afford one, you too?

The right? Absolutely. However, the government is not required to provide you with arms, it is just prohibited from preventing you from having them. So acquiring those could be a bit tricky.

I suppose that depends on how one defines "right". If you assume the Second gives you the right to own any weapon, I'm able to understand that opinion, though I believe it to be insane.

There is no way to control who should be able to own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun, or any weapon of war, unless people of good will and of uncommon sense see a problem and seek a soltuion. Only one side seems to have these attributes, and that is those of us who want to have a rational debate on the problem.

And what is your solution exactly in the context of the question by the OP?

Treat firearms like automobiles. Licenses, registrations and liability insurance. Ammunition sales subject to proof of insurance.

And aren't all those things infringements on my right? What have I done to warrant having my rights infringed?

I don't fear the militarized police as much as I am concerned about why they have to be so militarized. Maybe the easy availability of military type weapons for the citizenry has something to do with it?

Riiigghhhtttt, because bad guys won't be able to get guns if they are illegal. That's why where they are illegal, like in blue inner cities, criminals can't get them...

LOL, what a ditz...

Right...so let's make it easier and easier to get them. Seriously, that's the stupidest argument I've ever heard. Fuck, why do we have laws if criminals just fucking break them?

kaz said:
Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

So [MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION], what is YOUR plan exactly?

A good first step is registration of all firearms and background checks on ALL gun sales. Even between private parties. This will allow responsible gun owners to continue to own anything they want but will help place responsibility on to people who sell guns to people who shouldn't have them or end up using them for murder/crime.

We can certainly start there.

Exactly how does this stop any crime or mass shootings...in Chicago, the gang members who are shooting up neighborhoods are not getting background checks, registering their guns or taking mandatory concealed carry classes...and obviously their criminal records aren't stopping them from getting, carrying and using guns to kill people...

The shooters in Columbine, the Colorado theater shooting, the two shootings at Fort Hood, Santa Barbara, the Navy Yard, Newton...the list goes on and on...were not stopped by background checks, registering guns or magazine limits...so again...

What do background checks, gun registration, magazine limits actually do to stop violent criminals or mass shooters...

I know one thing...they make it more expensive and complicated for law abiding people to own and carry guns...that is the real point isn't it...you guys don't care about gun violence...you just hate guns...

A good first step is registration of all firearms and background checks on ALL gun sales. Even between private parties. This will allow responsible gun owners to continue to own anything they want but will help place responsibility on to people who sell guns to people who shouldn't have them or end up using them for murder/crime.

We can certainly start there.

Exactly how does this stop any crime or mass shootings...in Chicago, the gang members who are shooting up neighborhoods are not getting background checks, registering their guns or taking mandatory concealed carry classes...and obviously their criminal records aren't stopping them from getting, carrying and using guns to kill people...

The shooters in Columbine, the Colorado theater shooting, the two shootings at Fort Hood, Santa Barbara, the Navy Yard, Newton...the list goes on and on...were not stopped by background checks, registering guns or magazine limits...so again...

What do background checks, gun registration, magazine limits actually do to stop violent criminals or mass shooters...

I know one thing...they make it more expensive and complicated for law abiding people to own and carry guns...that is the real point isn't it...you guys don't care about gun violence...you just hate guns...

Well, it might hurt someone's self esteem to punish them...better to punish a tool.

Forum List

Back