Life of the mother is not a reason to kill the baby in the womb......what 1,000 Doctors say....

Gosnell was not made a criminal because he aborted babies up to nine months.

He was criminal only because the killed the babies on the wrong side of the cervix.

That's it.
That is blatently false.

Gosnell was charged with seven counts of first-degree murder (reduced to four counts at trial) and one count of third-degree murder, as well as infanticide (dismissed at trial), five counts of abusing a corpse (all dismissed at trial), multiple counts of conspiracy, criminal solicitation, and violation of a state law that forbids abortions after the 24th week of pregnancy.[101][106][109] The non-murder charges included 24 counts of violating Pennsylvania's Abortion Act by performing illegal third-trimester abortions, 227 counts of violating a 24-hour waiting-period requirement, failing to counsel patients, and racketeering.[106

Good question…no one seems willing to answer.

Do you endorse killing a nearly full term baby in the womb, and then having the mother labor and deliver the dead baby?

Realize--nearly every nation bans this.

That is blatently false.

Gosnell was charged with seven counts of first-degree murder (reduced to four counts at trial) and one count of third-degree murder, as well as infanticide (dismissed at trial), five counts of abusing a corpse (all dismissed at trial), multiple counts of conspiracy, criminal solicitation, and violation of a state law that forbids abortions after the 24th week of pregnancy.[101][106][109] The non-murder charges included 24 counts of violating Pennsylvania's Abortion Act by performing illegal third-trimester abortions, 227 counts of violating a 24-hour waiting-period requirement, failing to counsel patients, and racketeering.[106

Okay then, I stand corrected in that PA is not a state where there is no restrictions on gestational age. But as I listed in this thread, there are other states where there is no age restriction.

Do you endorse killing a nearly full term baby in the womb, and then having the mother labor and deliver the dead baby?

Full term is 9 months, I’m still waiting on information regarding “nearly full term” abortions…how many occur, and why? I looked, and can only find a few cases of late term abortion, like 8 months. Very few occur and like these, usually for severe fetal defects and associated elevated risks for the mother.

Statement of Dana Weinstein on Harmful Impact of Smith Bill - National Abortion Federation

I had to have a late term abortion. It was the worst moment in my life. What made it even worse was the State of Utah had made it illegal.

I had one dead twin. The other had severe Spina Bifida. It was so bad that his brain had developed outside his head, and his spine was open clear to the lumbar level. There was ZERO hope, and no medical miracle that could save him. Our dreams were shattered. These twins were from IVF. I was forty, and there would be no more pregnancies.

The abortion was terrible. It was done very gently, by Caesarean section, leaving the babies in their amniotic sacs. The living baby passed very quickly.

Since I posted this, many have said “That wasn’t an abortion.” Yes, it was. In simple terms and in this case, “Abortion” means “to remove a fetus from the uterus.” “Abortion” is not a specific procedural method. Even a miscarriage is called a “Spontaneous Abortion.”

Others have said, “Your situation wasn’t typical.” Yes, it was very typical. Women don’t have abortions in late term for convenience. There are outliers, to be sure. But my case, one of medical necessity, is typical.

One woman said she feels punished – yet again – for the loss of her son each time she makes the monthly loan payment on the thousands of dollars she borrowed to abort him. It was a decision she felt she had no choice but to make; the boy in her belly was missing multiple organs and never would have survived.

From the same link, read the story of Dana Weinstein, where not only did the baby have severe brain defects, it was also causing swelling and high blood pressure - severe pre-eclampsia.

In addition, in these very rare cases, cases, the baby is not “ripped apart”, it is either via an induced labor or Caesarian.

Even for severe birth defects?

Okay then, I stand corrected in that PA is not a state where there is no restrictions on gestational age. But as I listed in this thread, there are other states where there is no age restriction.
True, but the reality is that abortions that late are exceedingly rare and under extreme circumstances.

Full term is 9 months, I’m still waiting on information regarding “nearly full term” abortions…how many occur, and why? I looked, and can only find a few cases of late term abortion, like 8 months. Very few occur and like these, usually for severe fetal defects and associated elevated risks for the mother.

Statement of Dana Weinstein on Harmful Impact of Smith Bill - National Abortion Federation

I had to have a late term abortion. It was the worst moment in my life. What made it even worse was the State of Utah had made it illegal.

I had one dead twin. The other had severe Spina Bifida. It was so bad that his brain had developed outside his head, and his spine was open clear to the lumbar level. There was ZERO hope, and no medical miracle that could save him. Our dreams were shattered. These twins were from IVF. I was forty, and there would be no more pregnancies.

The abortion was terrible. It was done very gently, by Caesarean section, leaving the babies in their amniotic sacs. The living baby passed very quickly.

Since I posted this, many have said “That wasn’t an abortion.” Yes, it was. In simple terms and in this case, “Abortion” means “to remove a fetus from the uterus.” “Abortion” is not a specific procedural method. Even a miscarriage is called a “Spontaneous Abortion.”

Others have said, “Your situation wasn’t typical.” Yes, it was very typical. Women don’t have abortions in late term for convenience. There are outliers, to be sure. But my case, one of medical necessity, is typical.

One woman said she feels punished – yet again – for the loss of her son each time she makes the monthly loan payment on the thousands of dollars she borrowed to abort him. It was a decision she felt she had no choice but to make; the boy in her belly was missing multiple organs and never would have survived.

From the same link, read the story of Dana Weinstein, where not only did the baby have severe brain defects, it was also causing swelling and high blood pressure - severe pre-eclampsia.

In addition, in these very rare cases, cases, the baby is not “ripped apart”, it is either via an induced labor or Caesarian.

Even for severe birth defects?

A poster in this thread claimed they never happen in this nation. They do happen. I am not compelled to provide to you how often; anyway, I did earlier. The bar was: these don't happen. But they do.

I oppose elective abortions after viability, with some exceptions: life/health of mother and severe fetal anomaly, or if the mother is a child and the victim of incest.

A poster in this thread claimed they never happen in this nation. They do happen. I am not compelled to provide to you how often; anyway, I did earlier. The bar was: these don't happen. But they do.
Generally, when you make a claim, it’s up to the claimant to support it. I haven’t said they don’t happen but that they are extremely rare and for good reason.

I oppose elective abortions after viability, with some exceptions: life/health of mother and severe fetal anomaly, or if the mother is a child and the victim of incest.

Okay but just as one point: at the age of viability there is no need to abort the baby "for the health of the mother". You deliver the baby and then hope to save BOTH mother and baby.

Generally, when you make a claim, it’s up to the claimant to support it. I haven’t said they don’t happen but that they are extremely rare and for good reason.
you claimed there are no abortions after 8 months,, so when are you gong to back that up??

I did, in this thread. There aren't MANY examples, because the procedure is an atrocity. You have a live, nearly full term baby. You have to at that point induce LABOR, the mother has to LABOR. They kill the baby in the womb and you must deliver the baby. It's expensive, it's horrible, only a few clinics in the US will do it. But rest assured, it does happen.

But really only here, in the US. Many countries have outright banned it, for good reason.
There aren’t many because the procedure is RARE. By the time a woman is that late, this is a baby that is wanted and planned for.

Forum List

Back