Lockdowns Did Not Work

You disagree that isolation causes depression, drug abuse and alcoholism? You don’t think isolation and loss of business is damaging? That damages those who are and are not impacted by COVID, which mostly impacts those who are elderly and or unhealthy. We never did that study but just locked us all in.

The problem is Azog, your God is the almighty dollar. Some of us just aren't into it as much as you. shrug...
Nope. It’s freedom!

Sincere question for my friend AtD:

Q: What is "Freedom" without health?
A: Precarious at best

Would you disagree?
That is up to those who choose to take that risk. COVID-19 impacts a tiny percentage severely. I do not believe I should be under the same restriction as someone who is less healthy.

I just tested positive for antibodies AtD. IOW I HAD it somewhere around mid January shortly after returning from Hawaii and the morning of another Vacay to San Diego mid-January which I cancelled the morning of. You should know what I hope that YOUR health pros SHOULD be telling you:

We do not yet know yet whether antibodies mean that you're safe and that it won't come around to bite you again in the Fall.
That should be my choice, not the choice of some scientists who seem to be more or less guessing.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

C'mon man - You're gonna be like Trump and disregard medical and science professionals - REALLY??
Which should I believe and which should I disregard? They cannot seem to agree.

All agree that AIDS and Cancer kill people. Here we have disparate opinions all over the place. Why do you always bring it back to Trump? Can we not have a conversation without you bringing him into it? Don't be like that deranged drunk, playtime, and obsess over her "donny".

The only "disparate opinions" I'm seeing is between the quacks like Dr Oz and Dr Phil and REAL doctors and scientists who all seem to agree.

BOX IT IN!! - It's the ONLY way we can avoid a relapse and an even longer shutdown.

BoxItIn.png
Dr. Oz is a quack? You need to read more. A lot more doctors are disagreeing.

Oh HELL yes Ozzie's a quack. And I've read plenty of his idiocy.

For the nine people left on the planet that don’t know who Dr. Oz is, here’s a recap. Mehmet Oz is a physician who, after practicing actual medicine for a few years, embarked on a life mission to get rich by giving wellness advice. The career move went over well. Time dubbed him one of 100 most influential people of the year. Esquire named him one of the 100 most influential people of the century. In a demonstration of true editorial understatement, Healthy Living proclaimed him to be one of the greatest healers of the millennium.​
But as Oz’s fame grew, it became clear that healing was, in fact, not his only priority. In 2014, a team of medical researchers released a report proving that 60% of advice given on Dr. Oz’s TV show lacked scientific basis. Soon afterward, 1,300 doctors signed an open letter calling him “a quack and a fake and a charlatan” whose “advice endangers patients.”​

And yes, there are a tiny handful of doctors and pseudo-scientists who are also Trumpists and support Donnie's quackery. 99% of the rest are steeped in REAL medicine and ESTABLISHED science.

Dr. Steven Smith a quack too? I can do this all day.

depends - is he related to zackary smith? :lmao:
Failed humor. I have broken another Leftist. Awesome. Oh and one more thumbs down for you.

delusions of grandeur is another defective trait you & yer chosen one possess.

#sad.
Dr. Oz is a respected heart surgon who is still practicing. And you are a worthless internet troll.. I hope CNN is paying you well for bull shit.

You disagree that isolation causes depression, drug abuse and alcoholism? You don’t think isolation and loss of business is damaging? That damages those who are and are not impacted by COVID, which mostly impacts those who are elderly and or unhealthy. We never did that study but just locked us all in.

The problem is Azog, your God is the almighty dollar. Some of us just aren't into it as much as you. shrug...
Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?
That is up to those who choose to take that risk. COVID-19 impacts a tiny percentage severely. I do not believe I should be under the same restriction as someone who is less healthy.

I just tested positive for antibodies AtD. IOW I HAD it somewhere around mid January shortly after returning from Hawaii and the morning of another Vacay to San Diego mid-January which I cancelled the morning of. You should know what I hope that YOUR health pros SHOULD be telling you:

We do not yet know yet whether antibodies mean that you're safe and that it won't come around to bite you again in the Fall.
That should be my choice, not the choice of some scientists who seem to be more or less guessing.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

C'mon man - You're gonna be like Trump and disregard medical and science professionals - REALLY??

All agree that AIDS and Cancer kill people. Here we have disparate opinions all over the place. Why do you always bring it back to Trump? Can we not have a conversation without you bringing him into it? Don't be like that deranged drunk, playtime, and obsess over her "donny".

The only "disparate opinions" I'm seeing is between the quacks like Dr Oz and Dr Phil and REAL doctors and scientists who all seem to agree.

BOX IT IN!! - It's the ONLY way we can avoid a relapse and an even longer shutdown.

BoxItIn.png

For the nine people left on the planet that don’t know who Dr. Oz is, here’s a recap. Mehmet Oz is a physician who, after practicing actual medicine for a few years, embarked on a life mission to get rich by giving wellness advice. The career move went over well. Time dubbed him one of 100 most influential people of the year. Esquire named him one of the 100 most influential people of the century. In a demonstration of true editorial understatement, Healthy Living proclaimed him to be one of the greatest healers of the millennium.​
But as Oz’s fame grew, it became clear that healing was, in fact, not his only priority. In 2014, a team of medical researchers released a report proving that 60% of advice given on Dr. Oz’s TV show lacked scientific basis. Soon afterward, 1,300 doctors signed an open letter calling him “a quack and a fake and a charlatan” whose “advice endangers patients.”​

And yes, there are a tiny handful of doctors and pseudo-scientists who are also Trumpists and support Donnie's quackery. 99% of the rest are steeped in REAL medicine and ESTABLISHED science.

Failed humor. I have broken another Leftist. Awesome. Oh and one more thumbs down for you.
You have reduced them to meme's and pointless drivle...They are flailing around on the ground like a fish out of water..

:spinner:

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

BoxItIn.png

#sad.
Dr. Oz is a respected heart surgon who is still practicing. And you are a worthless internet troll.. I hope CNN is paying you well for bull shit.

:113:

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

BoxItIn.png

#sad.
Give the troll a thumbs down, drives her crazy and she goes off the deep end.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

BoxItIn.png

#sad.

1295013055889_1955964.png

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

BoxItIn.png

#sad.

1587839237508.png
= YOU

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

BoxItIn.png

#sad.

Ozzie is a pseudoscience quack who makes millions hawking bogus products with no basis in scientific or medical fact.

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

BoxItIn.png

#sad.

:113:

Ozzie's favorite tune :D

Nope. It’s freedom!

Would you disagree?

BoxItIn.png

#sad.

View attachment 327892 = YOU

Delusion of Grandeur

A delusion of grandeur is the false belief in one’s own superiority, greatness, or intelligence. People experiencing delusions of grandeur do not just have high self-esteem; instead, they believe in their own greatness and importance even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Someone might, for example, believe they are destined to be the leader of the world, despite having no leadership experience and difficulties in interpersonal relationships. Delusions of grandeur are characterized by their persistence. They are not just moments of fantasy or hopes for the future.

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!
Trump says stay closed. You are disagreeing with trump?

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!
That is not what he said and if he DID say it, then yes. He said certain businesses should not reopen. I do disagree. I disagree with him frequently.

Open the country!
That is not what he said and if he DID say it, then yes. He said certain businesses should not reopen. I do disagree. I disagree with him frequently.
Frequently yet he has your full support. Strange world...

Protect the vulnerable, develop the herd immunity. Only way out and has been from the beginning.

Meanwhile we're arresting people in parks and hiding like rats and it is, of course, way more widespread than people thought, even with all of these measures here.
At a cost to Sweden so far of 192 deaths/million population compared to the US at 144/million.
So, are you volunteering to get infected?

Yes and they'll be largely done while we are still hiding and trying to stop something we cannot, while our death toll will likely be spread over a longer time period as we have multiple waves of this.

And spare me the BS leading question/false choice nonsense. I've been working right through this with very few changes in my life and nobody, including Sweden, is advocating not taking reasonable precautions. This is NOT an either or choice between total lockdown and slobbering all over each other at every opportunity while making no effort to slow transmission and protect the vulnerable- and never has been.

And the point is, for those too myopic to realize this, that there are other strategies out there that have been employed, and other nations that are further along the timeline than we are. As those results start to become available it makes sense and is necessary to assess them to determine the best path forward for us.

Which country has the best results in protecting it population from coronavirus? The Answer TAIWAN! Only 6 deaths in TAIWAN. TAIWAN is the gold standard in protecting its population. Trump's failure is measured by the number of deaths Taiwan has vs. the United States.

Sweden has the 9th highest death rate per capita in the world from coronavirus. Why would anyone follow that example for protecting its population. There are only 8 other countries that are dying at a greater rate than Sweden from coronavirus.
Because you're only delaying the inevitable. You can get the virus now or 6 months from now.

Well, then your claiming that its inevitable that 5 million Americans will die from the virus and we should not do anything.

South Korea is a country of 50 million people, but has less than 11,000 infections. Tell me, when will the other 49,989,000 people get the virus?

TAIWAN is a country of 24 million people with only 429 infections. Tell me when the other 23,999,571 people will be getting the virus in TAIWAN? Realize TAIWAN often goes several days without any new infections at all. Today, the whole country had ONE new infection.

Did everyone get the 1918 Spanish Flu? NOPE. Did the few cities that practiced social distancing and shutdown business's suffer less death and illness? YEP!

NOTHING is inevitable when it comes to a virus and societies fight against it. People can make a difference and save lives through their actions. That was the lesson of the 1918 pandemic!

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

You don't go outside to get mail, to get groceries, to put out the trash? Evidence shows not for everyone but for most, lockdowns don't change your odds. Don't kill the messenger.
Interacting with a lot of people when you put out the trash do you? Moron, it's the contact and interactions with...PEOPLE that spreads the virus, not merely appearing on the surface of the planet! Oh, what's the use of trying to convince the irreparably stupid? You'll believe anything as long as it doesn't appear in a text book!
Yeah. I had the virus. Lost 15 pounds, no fever. My MD said, my symptoms were rare until they weren't as 30% experience rapid weight loss. We are learning more and more about this virus. You WILL get it. Now or later. Your choice.

No evidence of that at all. But please, give us of your date for when every American will have had the virus.

The problem with "Lockdowns" is that when the Lockdown is over, all those people are exposed so that that can and often will be infected with the virus. A lockdown can be good in that it can give people time to prepare their health care systems so that they are not overwhelmed. However, being locked-down causes harm also. If we stay "locked-down" until a vaccine becomes available, that could be 18 moths or even forever. So what if the world has a great depression.

Mitigation, or Lockdowns extends decreases the rate of the infection rate, but it also extends the time period of the infection period. At some point it is time to remove the bandaid. Is it better to remove the bandaid slowly or simply rip it off.

Well, tell that to TAIWAN and South Korea. Only 429 people in TAIWAN have been infected. They have contained the virus and still have schools open as well as many business's. They keep the infection rate down by testing, tracking, contact tracing and finally isolation.

Most people in the labor force in the United States are still working because 37% can do their jobs from home and another 25% are involved in ESSENTIAL services or business. That damage to the economy is minimal and can be repaired in a few years.

Hiroshima was nuked on August 6, 1945, but the city was completely rebuilt and had a larger population by 1958. Don't tell me being in lockdown is as bad as Hiroshima being nuked in 1945. Given that Hiroshima recovered from being nuked, parts of the economy hurt by the lockdown will have it easy by comparison when coming back.

Open the country!

View attachment 326939
Oswlald is a rich celebrity and an idiot. I had the Virus it is not guaranteed death. Far from it. Nazis killed my people. That was guaranteed. Apples and oranges. You're an idiot.

It is guaranteed that as many as 5% of those who get the virus die. That makes it 50 times deadlier than the flu. To suggest that it wasn't that bad for you and therefore it isn't that bad period is misleading and frankly, kinda dangerous.

As of Wednesday, the United States had a 5.4% mortality rate based on a percentage of overall cases, according to the Johns Hopkins data.
It is not like the flu, I agree. I also agree that I am using myself as a barometer. Doesn't change the fact that either you get it now or later. It is 5x more contagious than the flu and there is no vaccine and IMO the vaccine is a pipe dream. Where is the HIV vaccine? Has been 40 years.

Failure to develop a vaccine for HIV does not prove you can't develop a vaccine for coronavirus. There are lots of vaccines that have been developed for all kinds of diseases and they work.

TAIWAN only has 429 infections! Based on your either get it now or later theory, when do you think the other 23,999,571 people in TAIWAN will get the coronavirus? Realize their infection rate right now is about 1 person per week.

An opinion may be wrong?
Your thread title is an opinion? It's not the opinion of the person in the article you shared. So i figured it was just you making an assertion from poor logic again. Instead, it's just you misrepresenting the opinion of the person in the article. Thanks for clarifying.
It is my opinion based on the post. Now when would you reopen the economy?

You only reopen the economy when:

1. New cases per day are very low, maybe only 10% of the peak.
2. TESTING and contact tracing capabilities are large enough to track new cases and isolate them from the rest of the population, preventing "community spread".

Then you can reopen the economy, but not before then. Otherwise, you you'll have to go back into lockdown only a few months after opening up as it spreads again like wildfire. You have to be able to control this thing before you open up again. Otherwise you'll simply put public health and the economy back to where you started with the first outbreak.

But you criticize opinions that do give a date.
So what? You know , you grasp on logic is non existent. They dont know, either. And they are taking risks without even knowing the risks. I wouldn't have to know the date to know next week might not be a good idea.
Life is full of risks. Didn’t you work in risk management? Dumbass. LOL

Seems like you're still in middle school given all your irrelevant name calling.

You WILL get it. Now or later. Your choice.

No you won't. That is not a given at all. I've had the flu once in my life. I don't know anybody in real life who has had the Coronavirus. I don't know anyone who knows anyone who has had it. 34 million yanks had the flu last year. 10% of the population. 90% didn't get it.
Flu is not nearly as contagious and there is a vaccine. COVID is closer to a severe cold. Know anyone with a cold? You WILL get it. Just a matter of time.

There are only 429 infection in TAIWAN. So tell us, when will the rest of the population of TAIWAN, 23,999,571 people be getting this coronavirus? Realize that TAIWAN is averaging about one new infection per week.

We didn’t have “good evidence” that lockdowns would prevent the spread but we cautiously did so to supposedly save lives?
Correct. But i was referring to science based medicine, not preventative measures meant to err on the side of caution regarding the economy. Seeing the difference would involve placing a premium on just physical well being, which is medicine.

40% of Americans are obese, and underlying risk factor when considering COVID-19
Nearly 50% of Americans have hypertension or pre-hypertension, another underlying risk factor when considering COVID-19

The fact is, COVID-19 is a threat to most Americans and we still don't know all the long term health effects of contracting the illness.

Forum List

Back