Louisiana Governor knows this will increase his popularity

Should the 10 Commandments be displayed in public schools in America?

• Total voters
The First Amendment is very clear, "Congress Shall Make No Law Respecting An Establiment of Religioin or The Free Excerise There of...." There is no State Sponsered, State Sanctioned, State Funded religion in this country. Not every student in Louisiana is a so-called "Christian", he is using the state to push a certain religion and that is wrong

So things that were perfectly legal in the colonies that set up the federal government suddenly became illegal when they ratified the Constitution? States had official religions that were supported by the States. And all churches are subsidized by the federal and State governments via having tax exempt status. Exactly what religion do you think is being established in LA?

Islam is also based on the old testament. Are you claiming simply posting the 10 commandments establishes a religion?

Yes I am. I know that Christianity, Judaism and Islam all have their faith based in the Old Testament.

But there are numerous other faiths that have nothing to do with the Holy Bible.

That is not what you fucking said, you said it was founded on the 10 commandments. You just can't get your story straight.
Well, debbiereddiaperdoperbaby, you are all upset about semantics. Founded, based, is there really that big of a difference. There is no doubt in any historian or scholar that the Ten Commandments is part of the basis, our founding.

I get it, you are leech, a partisan hack, without the education or intelligence to have a civil discussion. Feel free to allow me to educate you a bit more if you like. I am happy to be here to address your ignorance, on semantics.

So things that were perfectly legal in the colonies that set up the federal government suddenly became illegal when they ratified the Constitution? States had official religions that were supported by the States. And all churches are subsidized by the federal and State governments via having tax exempt status. Exactly what religion do you think is being established in LA?

Loons bold type a sentence that they think is checkmate with no understanding of what the words mean.

Yes I am. I know that Christianity, Judaism and Islam all have their faith based in the Old Testament.

But there are numerous other faiths that have nothing to do with the Holy Bible.

True, but all religions have their own rules for a moral life that closely mirrors those in the bible.

Are you asking if the colonists were bound by the constitution that THEY ratified? Yes, they are.

And let me remind you, things that were illegal under British rule, were not illegal once we declared our independence.

This nation was founded by Christians who framed our Constitution with tolerance for all religions and even atheists and agnostics. Somehow, that’s not good enough for some people.

The founders, most of whom were Christian, founded a nation and framed a constitution in which no religion was part of the gov't.

Are you asking if the colonists were bound by the constitution that THEY ratified? Yes, they are.

And let me remind you, things that were illegal under British rule, were not illegal once we declared our independence.

Well that's just a lie, the prohibition was on congress, not the States, at the time of ratification. SCOTUS took it upon themselves to rewrite the 1st Amendment. That may well change with this case. BTW, why didn't you answer my question?

Forum List

Back