Massachusetts: This Is The Nation’s Toughest Gun Law

What is the worst mass hammering? That one guy in Vegas sure killed a lot of people fast with an AR.

Indeed he did. And STILL the hammer is used to commit more than twice as many murders.
why do women need guns?

The NRA thinks we all need guns - even the nuts.
we all need hammers.

Because they’re so effective for self defense?
twice as good as guns, apparently.

I believe all gun owners should be required to have a permit and undergo the same requirements as outlined in the OP. Anyone not willing to undergo such requirements should not be allowed to have guns. It's a small inconvenience to help make us all more secure from gun violence.
Oh, I get it. Criminals will be too lazy to jump through the various hoops required for them to obtain guns, so gun crimes will naturally diminish with the bad guys unarmed. Gosh, it seems so simple.

I can say with confidence that I hate Massachusetts gun laws. They are the epitome of government overreach and shitting on the inalienable rights of the people. I thank Odin and Thor that I do not live in that communist shithole.

I can also say with confidence that Mass. has not violated the 2nd Amendment, because it is a ban on Congress, not the States.

I can also say with confidence that under my interpretation (which lead to the above conclusion), ALL federal gun laws are unconstitutional and should be stricken immediately.

Why all this?

Because I am a consistent motherfucker.

And even if they do strike down all federal gun laws, I STILL can't get a machine gun!!!

:bang3:

(9) "Machine gun" means any firearm that is capable of shooting more than two shots automatically, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. ---Texas Penal Code §46..01(9)

A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:

(1) any of the following items, unless the item is registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record maintained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or otherwise not subject to that registration requirement or unless the item is classified as a curio or relic by the United States Department of Justice:

(A) an explosive weapon;

(B) a machine gun; or

(C) a short-barrel firearm;

Texas Penal Code §46..05(a)(1)

:bang3::bang3::bang3:

only gun lovers who refuse to be Necessary to the security of a free State instead of the Problem; complain about gun control laws.
What the fuck does that even mean?

The 2nd Amendment is a ban on Congressional power. That is all. Nothing more. The militia is irrelevant. Notice I said that it is a ban on Congressional power, not State power.

States needed a militia (rather than a standing army), therefore, the Federal Government's power (being few and defined) will not include the regulation of arms.

States can do what they choose, but not the federal government.

So, Massachusetts' law is, to borrow a quote from the late Justice Antonin Scalia, "stupid, but constitutional."

What is not constitutional? The 1934 NFA, and all subsequent federal firearm statutes and regulations. They should all be stricken or repealed immediately.

Indeed he did. And STILL the hammer is used to commit more than twice as many murders.
why do women need guns?

we all need hammers.

You then have a link showing a hammer is twice as effective as a gun for self defense?

Let’s see it snowflake.

only gun lovers who refuse to be Necessary to the security of a free State instead of the Problem; complain about gun control laws.
What the fuck does that even mean?

The 2nd Amendment is a ban on Congressional power. That is all. Nothing more. The militia is irrelevant. Notice I said that it is a ban on Congressional power, not State power.

States needed a militia (rather than a standing army), therefore, the Federal Government's power (being few and defined) will not include the regulation of arms.

States can do what they choose, but not the federal government.

So, Massachusetts' law is, to borrow a quote from the late Justice Antonin Scalia, "stupid, but constitutional."

What is not constitutional? The 1934 NFA, and all subsequent federal firearm statutes and regulations. They should all be stricken or repealed immediately.
it is clearly a States' sovereign right to their own security. it says so in the first clause.

why do women need guns?

we all need hammers.

You then have a link showing a hammer is twice as effective as a gun for self defense?

Let’s see it snowflake.
And STILL the hammer is used to commit more than twice as many murders.

I hereby REFUSE to be Necessary to the Security of Texas.

I further REFUSE to be well-regulated.

The wellness of my regulation SHALL NOT dictate my being Necessary to the security of Texas!!!! Ever!!!

...and I am keeping the guns.
:dance:

I hereby REFUSE to be Necessary to the Security of Texas.

I further REFUSE to be well-regulated.

The wellness of my regulation SHALL NOT dictate my being Necessary to the security of Texas!!!! Ever!!!

...and I am keeping the guns.
:dance:
Just remember, only well regulated militia of the whole and entire People, may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Just remember, only well regulated militia of the whole and entire People, may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.
Your interpretation is not only wrong, but retarded.

All the 2nd Amendment does is prohibit Congress from regulating arms. All the "wellness of regulation" and the "Necessary" for security, and the "infringed" only when bearing arms for the state or union, is all WRONG.

States have the power to regulate arms. The Federal Government does not.

THAT IS ALL IT MEANS!!!

Regarding how to interpret the constitution, and in particular, the 2nd Amendment:

"On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning can be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one which was passed."
--Thomas Jefferson

What is the probable meaning?

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams
quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

"… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"
Philadelphia Federal Gazette
June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2
Article on the Bill of Rights

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full posession of them."
Zachariah Johnson
Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

And such possession of weapons was for individual, private use:

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
Thomas Paine

"The great object is that every man be armed." and "Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … "
Thomas Jefferson
letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

I believe all gun owners should be required to have a permit and undergo the same requirements as outlined in the OP. Anyone not willing to undergo such requirements should not be allowed to have guns. It's a small inconvenience to help make us all more secure from gun violence.
Oh, I get it. Criminals will be too lazy to jump through the various hoops required for them to obtain guns, so gun crimes will naturally diminish with the bad guys unarmed. Gosh, it seems so simple.

Yeah, sort of like speed limits and motor vehicle laws - both of which save lives.

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

James Madison

The Avalon Project : Federalist No 46

Last edited:
Yeah, sort of like speed limits and motor vehicle laws - both of which save lives.
Apples and zebras.

There is no inalienable right to drive a vehicle on State-owned roads. Just because an action is taken in the interest of "saving lives" does not make it appropriate or legal when doing so is an impingement of inalienable rights, such as the right to keep and bear arms. Enough with this crap.

Under the Constitutional structure (and 2nd Amendment) States have reserved the exclusive power to regulate firearms as they choose. Congress has NO power to do so, and all Fed Gun Laws should be revoked as unconstitutional.

we all need hammers.

Let’s see it snowflake.
And STILL the hammer is used to commit more than twice as many murders.

Only a coward runs from his own argument.

I see you’ve not backed up your assertion that hammers are twice as effective as guns for self defense.

You are no more than a weasel

Even if true - it's a small price to pay for owning deadly weapons!

AssaultHammer.jpg
One is a tool, the other is designed as a weapon.

Wrong, they are BOTH tools, and they are no better or worse than the person using them. And, more to the point, assholes with hammers kill more people in the USA every year, than assholes with AR-15s do.
You continually prove yourself to be an idiot. You should run for President.

Forum List

Back