Maybe I'm beginning to understand this Trump thing

Are you going to argue against anything I said, or are you just going to passive aggressively pout? Cos you haven't argued against my multi post rebuttal to a tizzy of an OP.
I don't allow people to derail my thread until I'm done with it.

If you want to bring up other topics (aka "change the subject"), just start a thread and tag me.

Defeating you on content is hardly derailing your thread.
"Defeating"?

Where is that scoreboard, by the way?

In your biased mind, perhaps?

Did you ever offer a cogent response to his argument?

No? Then he defeated you.

You hate Trump, we get it. But don't pretend that you're doing anything other than crying over losing the election.

As far as I know, Mac was not any sort of Hillary supporter. If I had to guess, he even spoke out against her more than anything. But it does seem that the OP was definitely a big bag of whining and complete disregard for Trump or anyone who dared to support him in any capacity.
No, I voted for Hillary. And I would have voted for Hillary had Cruz run. Otherwise it would have been third party, since I don't care much for her.

If you read through the thread, you will see some Trump supporters who either agree with, or didn't argue with, my premise. Maybe you should be discussing this with them.

Where did he "defeat" me, precisely? With the attempt at deflection, above?

Gatsby gave you a reasoned response. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant; your reply of "I'm correct, then?" was a childish admission that you could formulate no response.

Your better than this.
Where was a reasoned response that didn't deflect to other issues?

Are you going to argue against anything I said, or are you just going to passive aggressively pout? Cos you haven't argued against my multi post rebuttal to a tizzy of an OP.

If you want to bring up other topics (aka "change the subject"), just start a thread and tag me.

WTF are you talking about? I've directly addressed the OP. You made a value judgment against Trump and his supporters and I absolutely gave you a serious rebuttal that you have all but ignored; and now you're making a heinous allegation of derailment.
Maybe I missed it. Go ahead and re-post it.

Okay. Here is my original response:

Dude, you make so many self-serving OP's. We have a gaslighting media, clearly. We have politcal elites who serve corporate masters. We just got done having a 'president' who was more worried about defending Islam and relegating us to other countries' standards. We have illegal immigrant subverting sovereignty. And you really want to make this about us blowing the shit up? Give me a break, dude.

In essence, I stated that we live in a plutocracy (to say nothing of the fascist overtones). Your response through and through was only to focus on the semantics before saying I was derailing the thread. But it doesn't erase that is the essence of Trump supporters, imo. Some will argue this and that about Trump, but that is at least the driving force, honestly.
Yes, I saw that post. You were deflecting away from Trump's behaviors and how his followers tolerate them and changing the subject to something else.

Deflecting from a thread doesn't address the thread.

So, to your mind, regarding the root of the problem(s) allegedly dictating "behaviors" is deflecting. Whatever, dude. I can't even wrap my head around that.

I guess I took it as hyperbole when you painted all Trump supporters with a broad brush of not caring and wanting to blow it all up. But you apparently think that it is some sort of absolute fact that I have to defend or otherwise explain and that if I don't adhere to your irrational value judgment, then I'm somehow derailing your thread.

WTF are you talking about? I've directly addressed the OP. You made a value judgment against Trump and his supporters and I absolutely gave you a serious rebuttal that you have all but ignored; and now you're making a heinous allegation of derailment.

Dude, you make so many self-serving OP's. We have a gaslighting media, clearly. We have politcal elites who serve corporate masters. We just got done having a 'president' who was more worried about defending Islam and relegating us to other countries' standards. We have illegal immigrant subverting sovereignty. And you really want to make this about us blowing the shit up? Give me a break, dude.

In essence, I stated that we live in a plutocracy (to say nothing of the fascist overtones). Your response through and through was only to focus on the semantics before saying I was derailing the thread. But it doesn't erase that is the essence of Trump supporters, imo. Some will argue this and that about Trump, but that is at least the driving force, honestly.
Yes, I saw that post. You were deflecting away from Trump's behaviors and how his followers tolerate them and changing the subject to something else.

So, to your mind, regarding the root of the problem(s) allegedly dictating "behaviors" is deflecting. Whatever, dude. I can't even wrap my head around that.

I guess I took it as hyperbole when you painted all Trump supporters with a broad brush of not caring and wanting to blow it all up. But you apparently think that it is some sort of absolute fact that I have to defend or otherwise explain and that if I don't adhere to your irrational value judgment, then I'm somehow derailing your thread.
The root of WHAT problem? Trump acting like a spoiled 12 year old who is starved for attention, and his supporters pretending not to see it?

Is Trump responsible for his words, or is he not?

The root of WHAT problem? Trump acting like a spoiled 12 year old who is starved for attention, and his supporters pretending not to see it?

It's not a matter of seeing it or not seeing it. You want us to order it as a highest order of the day big ticket item because you're a sore loser. The media needs to take as good as they give. Honestly, I'm so appalled at what passes for a news organization any more. We're fine with Trump mirroring and even mocking their absurdities. We know that you want to elevate this to be of such importance to validate your agenda which has been soundly defeated.

Frankly, I wish Romney had won in 2012. I think he would've brought a lot dignity to the office. But this media would've gave him so much sh** and taken so much snipes; I would've probably been pretty damn pissed watching it. I'm glad we have a president who is saying fuck you to the vermin that is perpetuating this nonsense. CNN has no excuse for their interminable antics and advocacy that they audaciously pass for news or objective analysis.

It's not a matter of seeing it or not seeing it. You want us to order it as a highest order of the day big ticket item because you're a sore loser. The media needs to take as good as they give. Honestly, I'm so appalled at what passes for a news organization any more. We're fine with Trump mirroring and even mocking their absurdities. We know that you want to elevate this to be of such importance to validate your agenda which has been soundly defeated.

Frankly, I wish Romney had won in 2012. I think he would've brought a lot dignity to the office. But this media would've gave him so much sh** and taken so much snipes; I would've probably been pretty damn pissed watching it. I'm glad we have a president who is saying fuck you to the vermin that is perpetuating this nonsense. CNN has no excuse for their interminable antics and advocacy that they audaciously pass for news or objective analysis.
And off the rails we go again.

This. Isn't. About. The. Media.

If you're saying that Trump lacks the self control to not go after the media, that he lacks the temperament to deal with them on an adult level, that he literally cannot control himself, great, we can agree there.

It's that under-developed temperament that I voted against.

He's responsible, sure. But calling him mentally ill and all this other stuff on a systematic media level just demonstrates how convoluted the forces he is combating are. CNN literally got into a production meeting with all their staff and decided to spin a meme as violent rhetoric and an impeachable offense.

No, I don't agree with word policing. I know where those roads lead. They are the tools of fascists.

not that we don't see it, we don't care.

it's still not hillary and still not illegal. just immature.

If you're saying that Trump lacks the self control to not go after the media, that he lacks the temperament to deal with them on an adult level, that he literally cannot control himself, great, we can agree there.

There's no off the rails just because you want to pretend that something like the media is not part of the equation. This is what I was talking about when I said I can't wrap my head around these heinous allegations of derailment.

And here's the grand irony: You literally say I'm derailing the thread for talking about the media; and then you bring it back to the media?

I don't have a problem with you voting against Trump based on temperament. I think it's overblown of course. When you have an amoral person like Hillary running, temperament is like the furthest thing from my mind, honestly. I frankly wanted a primal Trump in those debates. But he more/less kowtowed to a media selling the narrative you speak of in those debates. And at the end of the day, after he showed he could be "presidential", did you and your ilk give him credit for it? No. Of course not. To me, it's a phony position to worry about temperament on the level that it is being presented.

And you call it a matter of self control because Trump responds or otherwise counter-trolls the media because you don't want to deal with the essence of whatever is being debated. You don't want to deal with the fact that CNN is just utterly pathetic. Oh, but Trump needs to take the high road or else he doesn't have self control? That's not even a fair judgment to make, dude.

not that we don't see it, we don't care.

it's still not hillary and still not illegal. just immature.
Well, that goes back to my OP.

There's no off the rails just because you want to pretend that something like the media is not part of the equation. This is what I was talking about when I said I can't wrap my head around these heinous allegations of derailment.

And here's the grand irony: You literally say I'm derailing the thread for talking about the media; and then you bring it back to the media?

I don't have a problem with you voting against Trump based on temperament. I think it's overblown of course. When you have an amoral person like Hillary running, temperament is like the furthest thing from my mind, honestly. I frankly wanted a primal Trump in those debates. But he more/less kowtowed to a media selling the narrative you speak of in those debates. And at the end of the day, after he showed he could be "presidential", did you and your ilk give him credit for it? No. Of course not. To me, it's a phony position to worry about temperament on the level that it is being presented.

And you call it a matter of self control because Trump responds or otherwise counter-trolls the media because you don't want to deal with the essence of whatever is being debated. You don't want to deal with the fact that CNN is just utterly pathetic. Oh, but Trump needs to take the high road or else he doesn't have self control? That's not even a fair judgment to make, dude.
My judgement is based on one (1) thing: The words of Donald Trump.

He is responsible for them.

You don't have any real arguments. I spend a lot of time on responses, and you just keep coming back with this 'but the big bad man says mean' stuff. I mean if that's all you got, then enjoy your tears, dude.

You don't have any real arguments. I spend a lot of time on responses, and you just keep coming back with this 'but the big bad man says mean' stuff. I mean if that's all you got, then enjoy your tears, dude.
I'm sorry your deflections and excuses didn't work.

But you're just illustrating my OP for me.

Mac1958

I've always taken you for a serious albeit flawed poster. And frankly, compared to most liberal posters on here, that's been mildly refreshing I guess. But honestly, you're letting emotions just take away all objectivity. This thread seems to be more that you wanted to throw yourself a pity party than anything. It falls well below the standard you've set for yourself.

Mac1958I've always taken you for a serious albeit flawed poster. And frankly, compared to most liberal posters on here, that's been mildly refreshing I guess. But honestly, you're letting emotions just take away all objectivity. This thread seems to be more that you wanted to throw yourself a pity party than anything. It falls well below the standard you've set for yourself.
Again, there have been Trump supporters on this thread who have agreed with me. There are also Trump supporters who admit that the guy is often embarrassing. This thread is not a stretch.

Truth is that Trump is self destructive, but in the outside world where money rules everything he could get away with it, but that doesn't work in government.

Mac1958I've always taken you for a serious albeit flawed poster. And frankly, compared to most liberal posters on here, that's been mildly refreshing I guess. But honestly, you're letting emotions just take away all objectivity. This thread seems to be more that you wanted to throw yourself a pity party than anything. It falls well below the standard you've set for yourself.
Again, there have been Trump supporters on this thread who have agreed with me. There are also Trump supporters who admit that the guy is often embarrassing. This thread is not a stretch.

When I've tried to explore the issue at hand, you've been passive aggressive and/or derisive towards me for giving analysis. Making unfounded accusations and then doubling down on them is contemptible. It's somewhat ironic given the nature of your thread. Any time I've stated what I think is in play for Trump's behavior, you've said that's not the point of the thread. I don't know what the point is if we're not allowed to delve into the forces at play. Apparently, if we bash Trump enough that would be well to the point you'd like. That would be fair to your mind. Defense is not an option. You're basically being a fascist bitch.

Forum List

Back