Maybe I'm beginning to understand this Trump thing

Well, "immature" would be a start, I guess. Do you really need examples? What kind of editorializing would you like? I'll be happy to provide it.

Just your thoughts however you feel is pertinent. You seem to think it's a big concern; so, help us understand.
I've thought and said, since the moment it looked like he was a real possibility for the GOP nomination, that Trump possesses neither the intellectual capacity nor the fundamental temperament for the position. If I were making a list of the top qualities I want in a President, I'd put a proper temperament at or near the top. Behaviors are indicative of temperament, temperament is indicative of future behaviors. Not a guarantee, but indicative.

And to date, he has not only lived up to my worst fears about his behaviors, he has surpassed them. Because I want any President to succeed - regardless of the letter after their name - I was very much hoping (assuming, actually) that the power and the gravity of the position would motivate him to improve his behaviors. The fact that this clearly has not happened is worrisome to me, because that means his behaviors are probably not showbiz (which was bad enough), they may run deeper.

What else would you like?

Temperament is just a buzz word that the Dems popularized as a strategy, first of all. They knew that Trump is not altogether calculated and that he's compulsive and that he's a verbal gunslinger of sorts. This is the personality of many great and productive people. So really, you bought the kool aid that they were selling; and you bought it big-time.

Also, as a purveyor of many seasons of The Apprentice, I can tell you that he actually had a very cool temperament, that he allowed subordinates time and space and freedom to play out the processes, that he was not quick to react. I saw that, time and time again. And if you want to talk about temperament, then we can talk about Hillary spazzing that she wasn't up 50 points in the polls :lmao:

I think fears is a good word for you to use. Because in my opinion, your outlook just isn't that rational. We have a human being and not a calculated stiff in office. Whether he's a president whose policies you support or not, this is actually a good thing. I want a president who doesn't need to conduct or call a staff meeting to decide if tweeting a meme is a good idea. You say that his behaviors need to "improve" because why? Because the media has been selling him as immature from the start in a campaign to belittle him. He has said, I'm going to be the person that the American people elected. That makes him genuine and not a phony. I'll take a genuine person over a phony "mature" person every day of the weak.
His behaviors don't matter to you. I get it. That's what the OP is about.

The behaviors of the media, music shock jocks, liberal arts, tv shows, movies, video games , ect...ect.dont matter to you we get it.

So you're comparing shock jocks and teevee shows to the President of the United States, Leader of the Free World.

Okay, I have no idea where to take that.

They clearly had no intention of changing ocare, which makes them very much like Dems.

NOPE, dems want to fix the problems with obamacare.

Republicans have been running for the last 7 years, promising to repeal obamacare.

And republicans can't get shit done. Now that they control all three branches of government, and a majority of the states.

So know the Democrats want to fix the mess they created?

The behaviors of the media, music shock jocks, liberal arts, tv shows, movies, video games , ect...ect.dont matter to you we get it.

:lmao:

So ironic that you say that! When I brought this up, Mac1958 accused me of derailing the thread. I guess he just wants to pretend that Newton's Second Law just conceptually doesn't exist.

Just your thoughts however you feel is pertinent. You seem to think it's a big concern; so, help us understand.
I've thought and said, since the moment it looked like he was a real possibility for the GOP nomination, that Trump possesses neither the intellectual capacity nor the fundamental temperament for the position. If I were making a list of the top qualities I want in a President, I'd put a proper temperament at or near the top. Behaviors are indicative of temperament, temperament is indicative of future behaviors. Not a guarantee, but indicative.

And to date, he has not only lived up to my worst fears about his behaviors, he has surpassed them. Because I want any President to succeed - regardless of the letter after their name - I was very much hoping (assuming, actually) that the power and the gravity of the position would motivate him to improve his behaviors. The fact that this clearly has not happened is worrisome to me, because that means his behaviors are probably not showbiz (which was bad enough), they may run deeper.

Temperament is just a buzz word that the Dems popularized as a strategy, first of all. They knew that Trump is not altogether calculated and that he's compulsive and that he's a verbal gunslinger of sorts. This is the personality of many great and productive people. So really, you bought the kool aid that they were selling; and you bought it big-time.

Also, as a purveyor of many seasons of The Apprentice, I can tell you that he actually had a very cool temperament, that he allowed subordinates time and space and freedom to play out the processes, that he was not quick to react. I saw that, time and time again. And if you want to talk about temperament, then we can talk about Hillary spazzing that she wasn't up 50 points in the polls :lmao:

I think fears is a good word for you to use. Because in my opinion, your outlook just isn't that rational. We have a human being and not a calculated stiff in office. Whether he's a president whose policies you support or not, this is actually a good thing. I want a president who doesn't need to conduct or call a staff meeting to decide if tweeting a meme is a good idea. You say that his behaviors need to "improve" because why? Because the media has been selling him as immature from the start in a campaign to belittle him. He has said, I'm going to be the person that the American people elected. That makes him genuine and not a phony. I'll take a genuine person over a phony "mature" person every day of the weak.

So you're comparing shock jocks and teevee shows to the President of the United States, Leader of the Free World.

What happened to the mantra it takes a village?

The left was going to far.

My goodness, this just continues.

The only whining here is by the Trump supporters who are so grievously triggered by my little thread.

Suddenly my having an opinion is some kind of offense.

I really don't understand all this drama, but it's certainly becoming tedious.
you having an opinion is fine. love 'em to be honest.

but when people have a different opinion you pull into the "oh my goodness all i did was state my opinion" stance and act like others can't or shouldn't do the same thing.

i try to put this into common terms we can both understand and agree upon and you keep moving things around and/or getting mad at me for replying back to you.
We disagree about Trump. I think he's an embarrassment and a disgrace, and I have a theory as to why his followers choose to follow/defend him.

Some of his followers were okay with the post. You and a few others were not, and drama has ensued.

We're all delightfully entitled to our opinions. And some of the reactions have been pretty amazing to watch.

That's about as far as this goes for me. The rest has just been noise.

Yet the Republicans taking the high road worked out for them? Look at all the media and garbage out of D.C...

Someone finnaly had to do it.

Well, we're certainly plumbing the depths.

We'll see how it works out, having zero behavioral standards for the President of the United States.

We're lowered our standards for pretty much everything else, why not.
the simple fact of the matter is that 1/2 the country was NOT going to be happy with the results of this election regardless of who won.

i have lowered my expectations from the left who with weeks left to go in the campaign told the american people we must accept election outcomes while obama chided "we may not like them..."

but when it came down for the left to live up to those very words, wow.

you tell me what happened.
Well, now that we have a President who talked about the size of his dick during a nationally-televised presidential debate and later "tweeted" an incredibly personal account of a television pundit bleeding from facelift surgery, I guess we no longer have to worry about maintaining behavioral standards for the President of the United States of America.

One less thing to worry about! Cool!

So ironic that you say that! When I brought this up, Mac1958 accused me of derailing the thread. I guess he just wants to pretend that Newton's Second Law just conceptually doesn't exist.
So you're okay with comparing the President of the United States with a shock jock.

I think my point is made.

I have no idea what that means.

Yes, she is. The president is not a deified position; and you should stop capitalizing it as such.

So you're okay with comparing the President of the United States with a shock jock.

Your point is that you're a political snob, honestly. And like most snobs, you're selective about your indignation.

Yes, she is. The president is not a deified position; and you should stop capitalizing it as such. That is not to say that you don't have a good notion that the president is well-advised to take a higher standard of care. But you should not be oblivious to external forces, nor should the president.

As such, in some cases, Trump would have been advised to lay off in some instances. But none of this means he can't do his job like you pretend.
Well, I'll never have to worry about expecting fundamental adult behavior from my President, that's true.

Wow, what a relief! That was such a BURDEN all these years!

Your point is that you're a political snob, honestly.
Okie dokie!

but when people have a different opinion you pull into the "oh my goodness all i did was state my opinion" stance and act like others can't or shouldn't do the same thing.

i try to put this into common terms we can both understand and agree upon and you keep moving things around and/or getting mad at me for replying back to you.
We disagree about Trump. I think he's an embarrassment and a disgrace, and I have a theory as to why his followers choose to follow/defend him.

Some of his followers were okay with the post. You and a few others were not, and drama has ensued.

We're all delightfully entitled to our opinions. And some of the reactions have been pretty amazing to watch.

Yet the Republicans taking the high road worked out for them? Look at all the media and garbage out of D.C...

We'll see how it works out, having zero behavioral standards for the President of the United States.

the simple fact of the matter is that 1/2 the country was NOT going to be happy with the results of this election regardless of who won.

i have lowered my expectations from the left who with weeks left to go in the campaign told the american people we must accept election outcomes while obama chided "we may not like them..."

Well, now that we have a President who talked about the size of his dick during a nationally-televised presidential debate and later "tweeted" an incredibly personal account of a television pundit bleeding from facelift surgery, I guess we no longer have to worry about maintaining behavioral standards for the President of the United States of America.

great and all - but he did in fact win the election.

what happened to all those stellar qualities the left said trump must adhere to if he in fact lost? those values and traits no longer apply cause you don't like the guy?

you do the right thing cause it's the right thing to do. period. they talked all over about what that was and while i have zero idea if trump would have whined or not (likely would have) had he lost, that doesn't change what obama and hillary told us.

we never challenge election results in this country.

well, til he won. suddenly their own words and values are meaningless.

no rightie did that to them, they did it to themselves but all those who hate trump simply "don't care" cause...trump.

so your analysis here seems to go both ways as the left don't care much either, just attacking. yet you put that on the right in a holier than thou manner.

I wonder if these guys will get

great and all - but he did in fact win the election.

what happened to all those stellar qualities the left said trump must adhere to if he in fact lost? those values and traits no longer apply cause you don't like the guy?

you do the right thing cause it's the right thing to do. period. they talked all over about what that was and while i have zero idea if trump would have whined or not (likely would have) had he lost, that doesn't change what obama and hillary told us.

we never challenge election results in this country.

well, til he won. suddenly their own words and values are meaningless.

no rightie did that to them, they did it to themselves but all those who hate trump simply "don't care" cause...trump.

so your analysis here seems to go both ways as the left don't care much either, just attacking. yet you put that on the right in a holier than thou manner.
Great, thanks.

so you're ok with telling people "you must accept election results" when we know they won't.

i think my point is made also.

I wouldn't doubt every living president is secretly enjoying this and the dead ones also..

Hillary Clinton now you are playing possum

Hillary Clinton now you are playing possum

Maybe you can tell me what Hillary Clinton has to do with Donald Trump acting like a vulgar, spoiled, attention-starved 12-year old boy.

I wouldn't doubt every living president is secretly enjoying this and the dead ones also..

Actually the living presidents are rolling over in their beds at night, and the dead one's rolling over in their graves seeing the way Trump behaves in office.

Looking at all their hard work building foreign alliances, being thrown under the bus.

Forum List

Back