McDonald's may be liable for worker lawsuits

But unions didn't get workers enough. They always wanted more. And the needs of the workers was secondary to the need for the union to show it's muscle.

Employees, especially in small & medium sized businesses, can communicate what they want & need better than a union can. In fact, it is in the union's best interest to keep worker & mgmt in an adversarial relationship.

I thought what they got us in the 1950's and 1960's was pretty fucking good. Guys like my dad could have a nice middle class lifestyle after they got done saving the World during WWII.

Employees can communicate all they want, but if they work for a soulless cocksucker like i used to, it's kind of pointless.

There are hundreds if not thousands of people out there within a 50 mile radius that can do your job better than you.

Yet oddly, this company has never seemed to find them.

I have little sympathy for anyone who whines.

If you are working in a job you hate then it's your choice. If you are still making minimum wage after 20 years then that is your choice

Actually, I make more than your most of your employees. That's not hte point I'm making here. .

I never expect more from anyone than I do from myself.

When I was young I worked 2 3 or 4 jobs at time. I never thought I was entitled to anything. I do not think anyone is entitled to anything. If you want better then go out and earn it.

I worked three jobs to get through college, including service in the National Guard.

Which makes me vastly better than you. I served my country while you were out doing, I don't know, pulling wings off flies or something.

But unions didn't get workers enough. They always wanted more. And the needs of the workers was secondary to the need for the union to show it's muscle.

Employees, especially in small & medium sized businesses, can communicate what they want & need better than a union can. In fact, it is in the union's best interest to keep worker & mgmt in an adversarial relationship.

I thought what they got us in the 1950's and 1960's was pretty fucking good. Guys like my dad could have a nice middle class lifestyle after they got done saving the World during WWII.

Employees can communicate all they want, but if they work for a soulless cocksucker like i used to, it's kind of pointless.

And your Dad would have laughed at the things the working class wants to spend money on. I'd be willing to bet he had a mortgage and maybe a car payment. He paid basic utilities of gas, power & water/sewer. He didn't waste money. Hell, I'll even bet he saved some money.

Does that sound like the workers out there today???

Is the country the same as it was then? Is the USA growing? Or is it being sucked dry by taxes and people demanding more but producing less?

The 50s and 60s were pretty good if you were a white man. Otherwise, you might not think so.

There are hundreds if not thousands of people out there within a 50 mile radius that can do your job better than you.

If you are working in a job you hate then it's your choice. If you are still making minimum wage after 20 years then that is your choice

Actually, I make more than your most of your employees. That's not hte point I'm making here. .

When I was young I worked 2 3 or 4 jobs at time. I never thought I was entitled to anything. I do not think anyone is entitled to anything. If you want better then go out and earn it.

I worked three jobs to get through college, including service in the National Guard.

Which makes me vastly better than you. I served my country while you were out doing, I don't know, pulling wings off flies or something.

I served my country in the US Navy, while you were doing the part-time thing at home.

So why not expect those "poor workers" to work 2 or 3 jobs to get thru college, just like you did and just like I did?? Are they unable to do that and have tobe just given a living wage whether they earn it or not?

Nothing has been settled.
This goes nowhere.
Wishful thinking though...

Keep whistling past the graveyard, baby.

My guess is, McDonald's cracks down on their franchisees before the government gets involved.

Keep guessing.
Wage increases of the magnitude which SEIU is demanding have far reaching economic and fiscal difficulties which few if any small business owners would be able to survive.
So in the end, SEIU gets it's way and lots of small business owners close up shop and lots of low skilled wage earners find themselves out of work....Makes sense.

It's never in a union's best interest for an employer to go out of business but-----but if an employers business model is to make a profit by screwing over their employees - I'd say let a different employer fill the void.

When Union states are compared to Right To Work states,union states have higher wages and benefits and RTW has no positive effect on employment and-----and checking out the chart below it's obvious that the macro-economy does better when everybody is doing better.

Union_membership_in_us_1930-2010.png

"So it's fair to say ...

RTW laws are only one variable affecting the economic climate of a state. But it is fair to say that these laws have no real impact on unemployment and instead states with them have lower median incomes. Similarly, unionization does not depress employment and instead increases wages. Presumably more wages for workers means more consumption and a better economy in the state.
So if economics is not really the issue (unless one wants lower wages), then what is it is about?" ~ David Schultz.Hamline University School of Business

[

And your Dad would have laughed at the things the working class wants to spend money on. I'd be willing to bet he had a mortgage and maybe a car payment. He paid basic utilities of gas, power & water/sewer. He didn't waste money. Hell, I'll even bet he saved some money.

Does that sound like the workers out there today???

Is the country the same as it was then? Is the USA growing? Or is it being sucked dry by taxes and people demanding more but producing less?

The 50s and 60s were pretty good if you were a white man. Otherwise, you might not think so.

Well, no, Dad enjoyed his little pleasures. He liked his Cutty Sark and he liked his fishing cabin in Wisconsin.

Blaming the workers for the shit the rich have done to us since 1980 where they've been trying to reverse 100 years of progress is insane, but we've gone along with it.

Now, for taxes, you do have a point. In those days, the rich paid their fair share of taxes, we spent appropriate amounts on infrastructure (Keeping people employed) and we didn't have the death of a thousand cuts taxes the rich have used to shift the tax burden onto the middle class. We didn't have clowns talking about "Laffer Curves" and "Supply Side" and even sensible Republicans called that "Voodoo Economics".

I served my country in the US Navy, while you were doing the part-time thing at home.

So why not expect those "poor workers" to work 2 or 3 jobs to get thru college, just like you did and just like I did?? Are they unable to do that and have tobe just given a living wage whether they earn it or not?

I did the full time thing after college, so argument fail- again.

But I had some delusion that after finishing college and my service, doors would be open.

Sadly, when I got out, it was after Reagan and the fuckhead Bush had 12 years to fuck things up.

Anyway, maybe not everyone is cut out for college. The real problem is we graduate too many people from college and we don't have jobs for them all.

Maybe we should just have good paying jobs for those who work hard, even if they only have a high-school diploma.

"But then how will I be able to afford my Dressage Horsie if I have to pay the wage slaves a fair wage?"

When you get fired again they will. In fact they won't even know you're gone.

It's always the point. You are in control of what you earn.

So then why are you always whining about people not making enough bagging burgers?

I don't fall for the patriotism crap.

My father did and it got him killed in a useless so called war that was nothing but a politician's game of brinksmanship.

I did the full time thing after college, so argument fail- again.

But I had some delusion that after finishing college and my service, doors would be open.

Sadly, when I got out, it was after Reagan and the fuckhead Bush had 12 years to fuck things up.

Anyway, maybe not everyone is cut out for college. The real problem is we graduate too many people from college and we don't have jobs for them all.

Maybe we should just have good paying jobs for those who work hard, even if they only have a high-school diploma.

"But then how will I be able to afford my Dressage Horsie if I have to pay the wage slaves a fair wage?"

No, not everyone is cut out for college. But I got tired of typing "... or a trade school" every time I mentioned college.

There are tens of thousands of community colleges, technical schools and trade schools out there.

[

So then why are you always whining about people not making enough bagging burgers?

Because I'm smart enough to realize that if they can fuck with the kid bagging burgers, they can fuck with a college educated professional with 20 years of experience.

You see, your problem is you think you are one of the 1%, or that they are on the same side as you. They see you as cannon fodder.

My father did and it got him killed in a useless so called war that was nothing but a politician's game of brinksmanship.

Yes, the fact you don't care about America or anyone but yourself comes out in every post.

No, not everyone is cut out for college. But I got tired of typing "... or a trade school" every time I mentioned college.

There are tens of thousands of community colleges, technical schools and trade schools out there.

Yes, there are.

And frankly, most of them are scams.

You know, the "Greatest Generation" didn't go to technical schools or community colleges. They just came back from the war, and went to work. What they did have were unions that made sure they got a fair paycheck.

[

Because I'm smart enough to realize that if they can fuck with the kid bagging burgers, they can fuck with a college educated professional with 20 years of experience.

You see, your problem is you think you are one of the 1%, or that they are on the same side as you. They see you as cannon fodder.

Yes, the fact you don't care about America or anyone but yourself comes out in every post.

First of all, your comments show you only care about a select segment of the population, and the rest of America can fuck off.

Second, considering what Skull Pilot lost, I dare say he has sacrificed more than you or I for this country.

Yes, there are.

You know, the "Greatest Generation" didn't go to technical schools or community colleges. They just came back from the war, and went to work. What they did have were unions that made sure they got a fair paycheck.

Yeah, and a couple of generations before that they just packed up the family and moved west to homestead free land. Should we make that available too?

This insistence that we somehow go backwards in time is nonsense.

[

First of all, your comments show you only care about a select segment of the population, and the rest of America can fuck off.

Second, considering what Skull Pilot lost, I dare say he has sacrificed more than you or I for this country.

I'm not going to talk about family. I also think you don't get credit for what family members do.

Yes, I do care about a pretty select segment of the population. it's the 99% of us who work hard and try to make ends meet as the 1% uses their wealth to abuse the rest of us.

And the 1% can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

[

I'm not going to talk about family. I also think you don't get credit for what family members do.

Yes, I do care about a pretty select segment of the population. it's the 99% of us who work hard and try to make ends meet as the 1% uses their wealth to abuse the rest of us.

And the 1% can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Fine, we can leave family out of it. And no, you don't get credit for what family members do, and I never said anything like that. But when you lose you father to a useless war, you deserve more than to be called unpatriotic and self-centered. And THAT is the truth.

Yes, there are.

Most community colleges are scams? Most technical schools are scams?

Do you have any actual evidence of this? Or are you just spouting off more bullshit?

People can learn a marketable skill. To argue otherwise is just bullshit to try to backup your "the people are poor and abused by the rich!!" whining.

[

Fine, we can leave family out of it. And no, you don't get credit for what family members do, and I never said anything like that. But when you lose you father to a useless war, you deserve more than to be called unpatriotic and self-centered. And THAT is the truth.

I'll stop calling him "self-centered" when he shows some compassion for others and stops trying to justify selfishness.

because basically, every post from this clown is "I got mine, fuck you."

[

Do you have any actual evidence of this? Or are you just spouting off more bullshit?

People can learn a marketable skill. To argue otherwise is just bullshit to try to backup your "the people are poor and abused by the rich!!" whining.

Guy, nobody every got hired because they took, 'General studies at Podunk Community College".

"Oh, hey, I got a degree from the University of Pheonix!"

[

I'll stop calling him "self-centered" when he shows some compassion for others and stops trying to justify selfishness.

because basically, every post from this clown is "I got mine, fuck you."

Because that is what you are looking for.

And how about any evidence or links that most community colleges, technical schools and trade schools are scams?? Go that yet?

[

Guy, nobody every got hired because they took, 'General studies at Podunk Community College".

"Oh, hey, I got a degree from the University of Pheonix!"

Plenty of people have been hired because they have a degree. Plenty of people are working in technical fields because they took responsibility for their own lives and got the training. And trade schools put people into skilled jobs all the time. In fact, many of your unions hire them after they finish their school.

But it does mean that the person is responsible for their own lives. And you want nothing to do with that.

Forum List

Back