META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....

Not me. But then I'm also not a "right wing fascist", so you're 0 for 2.
It is amazing how many idiots believe that if you don’t agree with them, you are automatically a communist, Trump supporter, anti-American, fascist and on and on labeling, the left and right are nuts.

Social media is not a public utility. It is private property and they have free speech rights. Public utilities are public monopolies and social media is not.
The whole point we have been discussing is, some of us want it CHANGED, like Ma Bell was, to become a public utility, so as to get past this whole freedom of speech problem.

It is not. That is illegal seizure of private property. That is what right wing Nazis do.
Oh, every country nationalizes somethings, some more, some less. Nationalizing is done a lot more in leftwing countries! If it functions as a public utility, it should be made one.

The whole point we have been discussing is, some of us want it CHANGED, like Ma Bell was, to become a public utility, so as to get past this whole freedom of speech problem.
And I want to be the King of Texas.

Ma Bell was a monopoly. FB isn't.
AT &T is bigger than Ma Bell ever was.

Oh, every country nationalizes somethings, some more, some less. Nationalizing is done a lot more in leftwing countries! If it functions as a public utility, it should be made one.
MAGA Democrat?

And I want to be the King of Texas.

Ma Bell was a monopoly. FB isn't.
AT &T is bigger than Ma Bell ever was.
AT&T WAS Ma Bell. Once they broke it up, it fractionated and now the telephones are essentially unusable because of constant, never-stop spam and scam. (DESPITE all the NOMOROBO and Comcast spam blocks, etc., etc. We have to leave the ringer off and just use phones -- both kinds -- to call out.)

I'd love to see Facebook broken up. Or made a public utility: whichever works to stop the censorship, which has gotten completely out of control.

Good ambition to be King of Texas, once Texas secedes.

AT&T WAS Ma Bell. Once they broke it up, it fractionated and now the telephones are essentially unusable because of constant, never-stop spam and scam. (DESPITE all the NOMOROBO and Comcast spam blocks, etc., etc. We have to leave the ringer off and just use phones -- both kinds -- to call out.)
That was my point.

I'd love to see Facebook broken up. Or made a public utility: whichever works to stop the censorship, which has gotten completely out of control.
So you say. I only see MAGTARDS whining about it. If you don't like it don't go on FB. It didn't even exist a few years ago.

Good ambition to be King of Texas, once Texas secedes.
Vote for Zinc and you'll never have to vote again!

Bell had a monopoly that basically had them acting as a gateway to telecommunications itself. Facebook doesn't have the same ability to restrict you from the entire internet, only their specific web address. The equivalent to that today would be whoever you have to buy internet service from, which in a lot of areas is only one option. An analogy to what you clowns want is to make it so people who you call on your land line must answer and converse with you. Of course demanding that would be ridiculous but for some reason you clowns feel entitled to private property and forcing people to associate with you against their wishes when it's online.

Just how dense are you?

I told you I was at my local Target yesterday, and there were no such spaces.

In post #426, you made this statement: "Okay - I just checked, and Florida Targets DO follow the same models as in other states, including dedicated public spaces."

Why are you afraid to post a link to wherever it is you "checked"?

I'll tell you why, because you checked nothing. You're lying. You're lying because you realize you've been proven wrong and you lack the quality of character which would allow you to simply admit that you're wrong.

Target maintains no such spaces, and you can't prove otherwise.

Prove me wrong...
Just go again and look and you'll see.

Prove me wrong.

:)

So you want me to go to Target and take pictures for you.
Do you ever leave your house and shop?
Are you saying the Targets and Walmarts in your city don't have public spaces?
I think their Googles are broken.

Or their brains.

Maybe both...

/----/ So what? Just sign up for Truth Social where libtards can't censor anyone. I only use FB to post family vacation photos and wish folks happy birthday.
The so what is that FB and other tech monopolies in control of the new town square are removing content both left and right simply because it flies in the face of narrow, liberal-approved propaganda claims.

This is dubiously legal on its face, and is also being done with government collusion.

It's actually quite a serious constitutional issue.

No, I want one of you to show me the Target policy that says it maintains a space to be used as the "public square".
What?

Policy?

It simply does this at most - or perhaps all - of its stores.

Are you serious, or are you trolling?

Or are you seriously trolling?

What kind of "public space" are you talking about?
Go and see.
I know my local Costco has an area with picnic tables where people can eat their Costco dogs and pizza and whatnot.
Interesting.
Costco owns and maintains that area, and can remove someone from it if they deem it to be warranted.
Perhaps; they're structured as a dues-paying club of some kind, correct?
My local Target has no such space...
Target public spaces are actually far more open, and subject to far less control.

A serious headache for the managers.

This week I will stop by a Target or Walmart and ask the manager.
You really don't need to, as it's a de facto set up, and subject to limited control by said managers.

Also, any answer you get will vary from person to person & store to store.
It's worse if you are correct because if it isn't they are still afraid to remove bums.
Well, even the cops don't always know the law.

They might be called and remove or not remove someone based on a faulty understanding of the pertinent codes.

But that's why we have lawyers.

:) / :eek:

Forum List

Back