🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mineapolis Cops Quit in Droves, lol

Wow, you mean treating cops like they were the enemy causes them to leave?

Who'd a thunk it?

MINNEAPOLIS - The sound of gunfire has become so familiar across North Minneapolis that Cathy Spann worries she has grown numb to it.
Day and night the bullets zip through this predominantly Black neighborhood, hitting cars and homes and people. The scores of victims have included a 7-year-old boy, wounded in a drive-by shooting; a woman who took a bullet that came through her living room wall while she was watching television with her family; and a 17-year-old girl shot in the head and killed.
Spann, a longtime community activist who works for the Jordan Area Community Council, cannot recall another time when things were this bad - not even when the city was branded "Murderapolis," during a spike in violence in the mid-1990s.
The police are not as much a presence as they used to be, Spann said, noting that sometimes when neighbors call 911, officers are delayed in responding or don't come at all.
"If you want to talk about pandemics, we're dealing with a pandemic of violence," Spann said on a recent afternoon, just as word came of two more nearby shootings. "We're under siege. You wake up and go to bed in fear, because you don't know what's going to happen next. . . . And our city has failed to protect us."
Nearly six months after George Floyd's death here sparked massive protests and left a wide swath of the city burned and destroyed, Minneapolis is grappling with dueling crises: an unprecedented wave of violence and droves of officer departures that the Minneapolis Police Department warns could soon leave the force unable to respond to emergencies.
Homicides in Minneapolis are up 50%, with nearly 75 people killed across the city so far this year. More than 500 people have been shot, the highest number in more than a decade and twice as many as in 2019. And there have been more than 4,600 violent crimes - including hundreds of carjackings and robberies - a five-year high.
Most of the violence has happened since Floyd's death on Memorial Day, which some experts attribute in part to the lingering anger over the slaying and the effects of the coronavirus, including job losses and the closure of community centers and other public spaces.
Minneapolis police say they have struggled to respond. They have faced a surge of officer departures in the wake of Floyd's death and the outcry against police. In June, a city council majority vowed to defund and dismantle the department and replace it with a new agency focused on a mix of public safety and violence prevention - a move that could go before voters in 2021.

Burn to the ground, Mineapolis. You voted these Marxists into government so it is your won damned fault.

And go fuck yourselves while you are at it.

It is a shIthole city.

Like portland lots of country to get away from the ferals.

^ This rhetoric is why your democrat cities are awful places. You fucking idiots chase away the one group that fights your crime. Demonizing the cops has never been a winning strategy. Your rhetoric scares the shit out of sane people.

Most Americans favor police reform.

Frankly, the one group that should be behind police reform is Conservatives.

Police misconduct costs billions in settlements.
It makes people less inclined to cooperate with police investigations.
Not to mention the libertarian notions of being free of government interference.

This is something we should have bi-partisan agreement on.

Poor cops, can't police their own so they sulk and cry...

Poor leftists who will get shot.

All of the cops should quit, there is not much worth defending there.
They are not defending anything if that were the case people would feel secure yet it is the pigs who perpetrate just as many crimes as the criminals.
^ This rhetoric is why your democrat cities are awful places. You fucking idiots chase away the one group that fights your crime. Demonizing the cops has never been a winning strategy. Your rhetoric scares the shit out of sane people.
.....they demonize the cops and praise the jackass criminals!!! = pure idiocy--no wonder their communities are shitholes--and they graduate at lower rates......

Not to mention the libertarian notions of being free of government interference.

WRONG--I've been over this before----the cities/BLACKS are STUPID and pay out--when the cops are PROVEN--PROVEN to have done nothing wrong:

.....the Mike Brown case was investigated THREE times--by BLACK Obama's admin and white /cop HATER Bell-----Wilson was found innocent by all THREE
if you want links, just ask

Last edited:

When you have no police interaction it is less tangible so Conservatives pay less attention.

When you have an extensive rap sheet, including felonies and resisting arrest your outlook changes I imagine.....

In places that we've had police reform, like Chicago, Baltimore, Minneapolis, the police conduct a whole lot fewer investigations and they are more careful not to offend the thug element.

Just because you liberals give money to criminals, doesnt mean the cops did anything wrong.

Poor leftists who will get shot.

All of the cops should quit, there is not much worth defending there.
They are not defending anything if that were the case people would feel secure yet it is the pigs who perpetrate just as many crimes as the criminals.
The evidence of the cops being the hood guys is right in front of you, and you refuse to see it. The very people who live there are asking for their help, yet you know better.
Do some cops break the law? Yes.
Do some cops abuse authority? Yes.
Should those cops be punished? Yes.
But to act as if it’s some insane thing that happens is nuts. Find me a single profession where there are no bad actors. The priest hood? Laughable. Attorneys and judges? Nope. Doctors? Trust me, no. Anytime humans are involved, there will be problems.
But what has happened is police being used to as another tool to cause division for political points. Rather than just punishing cases of misconduct, and looking at what kind of reforms can be put in place to try to cut down on such instances (you can’t ever eliminate it), you and fools like you are attacking the entire institution. Dumbasses like Joe above who says that cops want to abuse “people Of color”.
What a moronic statement. And he either believes it, because he is a moron. Or he has a vested interest in dividing people, because he is a scumbag.
I don’t know you. Maybe you genuinely want things to improve and you’re merely misguided. Maybe you are one of those scum who wants division. Maybe you just hate cops for whatever reason. Whatever it is, you really need to look at exactly what is happening. The evidence doesn’t support your position. At all.

These people see the criminals as their innocent little children - they are always in the right.

Just because you liberals give money to criminals, doesnt mean the cops did anything wrong.

I think these far leftists need to experience a lot more criminal misconduct before moaning about police misconduct which is - exceptionally rare.

Police reform is fine.
min all for it.
Personally, I have a problem with stop and frisk. I don’t care if it helps cut down on crime. Patting people down, in my opinion, is bullshit and unconstitutional.
I also have a problem with warrants allowing cops to boot peoples Doors in. Unless there is a hostage or something extremely time sensitive, you can wait until they come out of the house.
Asset forfeiture laws need to go as well.

So yes, there are areas where reform should be agreed on. I doubt you’d find many who disagree. The problem is your side is not presenting it as such. You have segments who are demonizing the cops as awhole, saying dumb shit like Joe did previously (thry want to abuse people of color), and you aren’t putting clowns like that in their place. Many of Your politicians echo it And give that voice the mic. So naturally, people polarize and oppose you.

It’s all counter productive. The fact is if your fellow democrat politicians acted like grown ups and actually dealt with the issues (it is occurring in your democrat controlled cities), we wouldn’t be having this breakdown we now see.

Police reform is fine.
min all for it.
Personally, I have a problem with stop and frisk. I don’t care if it helps cut down on crime. Patting people down, in my opinion, is bullshit and unconstitutional.
I also have a problem with warrants allowing cops to boot peoples Doors in. Unless there is a hostage or something extremely time sensitive, you can wait until they come out of the house.

So yes, there are areas where reform should be agreed on. I doubt you’d find many who disagree. The problem is your side is not presenting it as such. You have segments who are demonizing the cops as awhole, saying dumb shit like Joe did previously (thry want to abuse people of color), and you aren’t putting clowns like that in their place. Many of Your politicians echo it And give that voice the mic. So naturally, people polarize and oppose you.

It’s all counter productive. The fact is if your fellow democrat politicians acted like grown ups and actually dealt with the issues (it is occurring in your democrat controlled cities), we wouldn’t be having this breakdown we now see.
..does anyone know how many no knock warrants there are? and of those, how many were not justified? ty for any stats

Not at all. The police are doing what they can to avoid trouble in the Failed Liberal Cities.

Sticking together, slow walking it to dangerous situations in the hood, avoiding ugly confrontations with troublesome characters, etc. Those who can't handle the changes, many are quitting and heading off to more bucolic and orderly communities.

The Big City Politicians are the ones whining, the cops are merely observing and taking action so they can go home to their own families.

Police reform is fine.
min all for it.

..does anyone know how many no knock warrants there are? and of those, how many were not justified? ty for any stats
I don’t. It may be very small.
I am not speaking from an educated position on it. Just opining. The no knocks have their place, I’m sure. But I believe booting peoples doors in should be a rare thing.
Again, just my opinion. It may be a very rare thing. But I’m speaking of this due to instances I and many others have seen in the news where the reasons given for the raid is drugs, people/cops get shot... and for what? The cops couldn’t have snagged those people when they left the house?

Forum List

Back