Minimum wage is already “livable”

Listen, poor folk in Africa make ZERO dollars and it is "livable"

Sure, their stomachs are bloated and they eat their own feces, but hey, they are still "living"

At least one out of 10 survive to adulthood that is.

And when we build our grass huts to live in as it gets harder and harder to afford things, government will point to it and say that they are proud of the increased home ownership rate of those grass huts.
/----/ What kind of governments and industries are in Africa? Just wondering if there is a correlation between them and poverty.

I think it would be good for our nation if we did whatever we can think of to get more capable young people educated. And I don't just mean normal college. Trade schools too. We need educated and professional Americans that will be able to compete with China.
What more can we do? We are already willing to pay for their trade schools. (for poor people, which is the group we are discussing in this thread.)

Bit we are doing the opposite by handing out all this free money. We are disincentivizing them. Why spend evenings online or in a class learn a trade that will improve your earnings when the government is giving out so much welfare?

What more can we do? We are already willing to pay for their trade schools. (for poor people, which is the group we are discussing in this thread.)

Bit we are doing the opposite by handing out all this free money. We are disincentivizing them. Why spend evenings online or in a class learn a trade that will improve your earnings when the government is giving out so much welfare?
Not everybody wants to be some sloth loser. The nature of the future is going to allow some people to live that way, though.

Not everybody wants to be some sloth loser. The nature of the future is going to allow some people to live that way, though.
Yes, given the policies on the left. They are giving out so much free money that it provides people with a choice: should I just live off of other people’s money, or go to work a make a marginal amount over?

The sad thing is that I hear leftists applaud this. They say it’s great to let people quit jobs they don’t like and choose not to work.

It’s a recipe for a destroyed America.

Those are not restricted.

This is what they cannot buy with an EBT card, according to the USDA website...

• Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
  • Vitamins, medicines, and supplements. If an item has a Supplement Facts label, it is considered a supplement and is not eligible for SNAP purchase.
  • Live animals (except shellfish, fish removed from water, and animals slaughtered prior to pick-up from the store).
  • Foods that are hot at the point of sale
They should be restricted.

Yes, given the policies on the left. They are giving out so much free money that it provides people with a choice: should I just live off of other people’s money, or go to work a make a marginal amount over?

The sad thing is that I hear leftists applaud this. They say it’s great to let people quit jobs they don’t like and choose not to work.

It’s a recipe for a destroyed America.
Some people work because they're passionate about what they're doing. Money is an afterthought.

no but everyone can get a little bit better and make themselves more valuable to the market
Pretty much everybody is capable of growth, and making a bunch of excuses for yourself is the opposite of how you achieve that, no matter who you are.

The problem is not that rich are Rich but that the Poor are poor through unequal protection of the laws.
What does "unequal protection of the laws" mean? I don't understand that. In any event, the standard of living of the poor has always gone up. The poor do NOT get poorer. The poor get richer but the left claim that the rich get richer faster than the poor get richer, creating an ever increase in income inequality, even though the poor get richer and have a higher standard of living all the time.

no but everyone can get a little bit better and make themselves more valuable to the market

The idea that everyone can do better if they only apply themselves is a farce

Many low skilled workers, that is the best they can do
Average IQ is 100
About 20 percent is 80 or below

• Funny
Reactions: DBA

Average IQ is 100
People can learn things dude. Forklift drivers can make pretty good money. So can a mailman. How high of an IQ do you need for jobs like that?

How high of an IQ does somebody need to become a plumber? Truck driver? Welder? AC repairman? Pest control?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DBA

Average IQ is 100
I happen to have a higher opinion of people than you do.

I don't care what your IQ is there is always something you can improve.
And an IQ below 80 is called mental retardation and most of those people can't live on their own.

So let's stick to people who aren't retarded shall we?

People can learn things dude. Forklift drivers can make pretty good money. So can a mailman. How high of an IQ do you need for jobs like that?

How high of an IQ does somebody need to become a plumber? Truck driver? Welder?

Being a plumber requires much more skill than using a plunger.
Truck Driving and Welding takes skill

Forum List

Back