Name a Democrat controlled city/state doing well?

688 People killed in Chicago Gang Shootings in last 12 months
100's of Dem thugs run amok in Chicago this weekend. Terrorizing, assaulting citizens and tourists, destroying property. Dem mayor says it's not their (the thugs) fault. WTF??

Do live in Newark, NJ?\\
I do not. I live in Denver.Colorado. The hegemony democrat run city/ state where you can't call the police, expect actual representation or responsible governance. I used to be a democrat until I realized what a bunch of scheming manipulative liars they are.

I do not. I live Denver. The hegemony democrat run state where you can't call the police, expect actual representation or responsible governance. I used to be a democrat. Now? Bitch about it on line.

You were NEVER a Democrat in this universe. Maybe you would have been a democrat in the late 1800s but never today.

I live not far from you. If I need a cop, they come and I don't worry about getting shot by them. The difference is, here, our cops are public servants. I would not tolerate where you live hence me living 250 miles west of you. If you hate it so much, move to either Texas or Florida.

You were NEVER a Democrat in this universe. Maybe you would have been a democrat in the late 1800s but never today.

I live not far from you. If I need a cop, they come and I don't worry about getting shot by them. The difference is, here, our cops are public servants. I would not tolerate where you live hence me living 250 miles west of you. If you hate it so much, move to either Texas or Florida.
Or Idaho or Arkansas or Montana or Wyoming ...

And explain to us: who, how & why.
Easily done:

1681703208407.png

4.9 Billion...entire state budget.

San Francisco:

1681703291131.png

The tourists dollars from a blue city could fund an entire Red State. With a couple of billion to spare.

No, Jackson just refuses to ENFORCE them.

Dumbass.
Silly fellow. Your pretense that Jackson refused to enforce Mississippi's permissive firearm laws is not supported by any credible evidence.

Mississippi had the highest rate of gun deaths in 2020: 28.63 per 100,000 deaths (followed by Louisiana at 26.26 per 100,000, and Wyoming at 25.9 per 100,000.)

As previously noted, the cities with the highest gun homicide rates in 2020 were all in states with lax gun laws:

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 8.18.42 AM.png

Jackson's efforts to reduce the firearm homicide rate is thwarted by the state of Mississippi:
  • A backed-up court system and state Crime Lab. Even when prosecutors believe they have a solid case against a defendant, an influx of cases and a backlog of evidence prevents them from presenting evidence.

• An influx of guns on the street, many of them high-powered, semi-automatic assault rifles. [Mayor] Lumumba said state laws make it difficult for officers to detain suspects believed to be carrying illegal firearms.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 8.40.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 8.40.33 AM.png
    26 KB · Views: 6
In your hyper-partisanship, you need to be pissy about democracy, but your presumption that a Republican mayor in any of the nation's ten major cities would do any better that those the People elect is purely fanciful.

Kibitzers from elsewhere with no skin in the game are free to indulge themselves, of course.

Judging by the actual data that confirms states under Democratic administrations doing better, there is no reason to believe that major cities would differ.
The city would be better because its citizens would have realized what garbage democrats are. And that would bring in better policies, less crime and more favorable economics.

The city would be better because its citizens would have realized what garbage democrats are. And that would bring in better policies, less crime and more favorable economics.
Your fantasy is not supported by the irrefutable reality that the electorates of all ten largest Americans cities, following their informed self-interest, choose Democratic leadership over Republican alternatives.

Perhaps, they are wary of what Republican state control has to show for itself:

Here are the 8 states with the highest gun deaths per capita:
  1. Alaska - 24.5 per 100k people
  2. Alabama - 22.9 per 100k people
  3. Montana - 22.5 per 100k people
  4. Louisiana - 21.7 per 100k people
  5. Mississippi - 21.5 per 100k people
  6. Missouri - 21.5 per 100k people
  7. Arkansas - 20.3 per 100k people
  8. Wyoming - 18.8 per 100k people
(vs the lowest: Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, California, Minnesota)

The most prosperous and the best-educated states being, overwhelmingly, blue, and the poorest, least-educated states being decidedly red reenforces the popular preference.)

Last edited:
Your fantasy is not supported by the irrefutable reality that the electorates of all ten largest Americans cities, following their informed self-interest, choose Democratic leadership over Republican alternatives.

Perhaps, they are wary of what Republican state control has to show for itself:

Here are the 8 states with the highest gun deaths per capita:
  1. Alaska - 24.5 per 100k people
  2. Alabama - 22.9 per 100k people
  3. Montana - 22.5 per 100k people
  4. Louisiana - 21.7 per 100k people
  5. Mississippi - 21.5 per 100k people
  6. Missouri - 21.5 per 100k people
  7. Arkansas - 20.3 per 100k people
  8. Wyoming - 18.8 per 100k people
(vs the lowest: Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, California, Minnesota)

The most prosperous and the best-educated states being, overwhelmingly, blue, and the poorest, least-educated states being decidedly red reenforces the popular preference.)
And every one of those deaths is in the democrat city of that state.

And every one of those deaths is in the democrat city of that state.
Your lying is far too blatant.

While cities are restricted by permissive state firearm laws in red states, "every one of those deaths is in a democrat[ic] city" is an obvious falsehood. You can cite no credible source to dosument such nonsense.

Your lying is far too blatant.

While cities are restricted by permissive state firearm laws in red states, "every one of those deaths is in a democrat[ic] city" is an obvious falsehood. You can cite no credible source to dosument such nonsense.
I cite your kryptonite. Common sense and real life. What are the odds of me being shot out here in the country with neighbors shooting guns every evening? Zero, there’s zero fucking chance. Now what are the odds if I drive into St Louis? Probably 10 in 100,000. At midnight, 20 in 100,000. In a black neighborhood at midnight, 30 in 100,000.

Those are the odds. You can whine and cry about them all you want but statistically my best chance of being shot is in a democrat city at midnight in a black hood. If I’m dealing drugs those odds really tilt against me.

No statistics can be provided to change that reality.

Forum List

Back