New Rule Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't just "rep crying".. Folks were being abused. There were a couple folks who would stalk their victims. Send them PMs every 15 minutes a couple hours before their 24 hour "neg rep" limit got renewed. Told them to watch the clock because it's coming. That's harassment. Not the enviro vibe we want for USMB.

You're not affected by this at all if you don't go postal and TARGET members with dozens of funnies on posts that are serious replies to threads. From the pattern and timing -- we can EASILY tell harassment from just incident taunting or genuine rep..

I was here ... I remember everything ... Including "rep abuse".
My attitude alone was enough to get some of the monkeys riled up and throwing their poop (neg reps my way).
I simply thanked them with a positive rep every time they did ... And it didn't take them long to get the message ... :thup:

Someone can cry about the knocks they receive ... Or find a way to defeat the obstacles in front of them.
I'll ask you if I need help figuring out what is going on with the avatars ... But never to defend me against an ass clown on the internet.

IMO -- speaking personally -- we're not trying to protect the delicates here.. Look at it from a perspective of the general rules. They are ALL designed to get folks to respect topics upstairs in the Zone1,2,3 forums.

Moderation wouldn't allow folks to drop into a thread and post a dozen drive by "laughing Gifs" on a targeted poster. The folks whining that it MIGHT be interpreted as harassment -- pretty much ADMIT it's harassment and everybody knows what it looks like. But to me PERSONALLY -- malicious excess repping is a "no content" comment that destroys the purpose of having a Message Board. Too many folks in the USA are DONE talking. The whole nation is about to hang up on one another. So it makes it harder to EXPECT "Specific Topical Content" in every post in Zone2 for instance.

Instead of discussing the topic -- it's a low effort way to give the "click click" -- "I'm out of ammo and I don't care" signal to people that they WON'T discuss with.

Given the general dysfunction of this country right now -- TO ME (IMO) -- the only way to KEEP a message board interesting, readable, and relevant --- is to REQUIRE folks to continue the discussions when they choose to come into one. .
If I hit the funny button here what will be my punishment

May I suggest...

Chicken Cake Noodle...

35b862056c5cbe0952c185bb8338fe5b.jpg
Stop it! Or I funny you...

Funny boys ain't so funny. Why not get rid of that emoticon and stick with 'funny and agree?.'
Cause sometimes things is funny and you don't necessarily agree but its still catches a funny bone and makes you chuckle?

Therein lies the problem, for instance.....posting something favorable about Trump is not 'funny' and posting hate-filled posts about Trump is also not 'funny' so, in either case, posting a funny emoticon with no comment is an insult. Get it now?
And I should let you dictate what is funny and what is not funny to me? Do you "Get it now?"

You want to insult a post with a funny?? Go right ahead and do it. But what you can't do -- is to go look up that poster's content and take an hour funnying everything they wrote without even reading it.

It's EASY to tell what harassment is as applied to "weaponized" funnies. PLENTY of clues.

'll have to go through and check did I ever post anything funny on a serious issue you posted

You can do that but, that has nothing to do with what I posted. However, feel free to get back to me about your abusive posts....:290968001256257790-final:

Last edited:
Funny boys ain't so funny. Why not get rid of that emoticon and stick with 'funny and agree?.'
Cause sometimes things is funny and you don't necessarily agree but its still catches a funny bone and makes you chuckle?

Therein lies the problem, for instance.....posting something favorable about Trump is not 'funny' and posting hate-filled posts about Trump is also not 'funny' so, in either case, posting a funny emoticon with no comment is an insult. Get it now?
And I should let you dictate what is funny and what is not funny to me? Do you "Get it now?"

You want to insult a post with a funny?? Go right ahead and do it. But what you can't do -- is to go look up that poster's content and take an hour funnying everything they wrote without even reading it.

It's EASY to tell what harassment is as applied to "weaponized" funnies. PLENTY of clues.
I just posted that I funny things I think are funny. I wouldn't waste my time trying to insult ignorance but I will laugh at it if it hits my funny bone. I have had trolls follow me around doing the funny too in their dumb ass attempts to make some sort of insult out of it. So what. That just means they genuinely chuckling, are bothered enough to either be considering it or I got into their head enough that something I said bothers them and who knows eventually they may wake-up to see how petty some stuff is, how dumb something was or whatever. Perfection doesn't come into this world without strife and tribulation and sometimes that means a little sarcastic humor along the way.

In this thread alone there ar
'll have to go through and check did I ever post anything funny on a serious issue you posted

You can do that but, that has nothing to do with what I posted. However, feel free to get back to me about your abusive posts....:290968001256257790-final:
So it' abusive is it.

I don't think I've ever been on any of your post

Well...I wouldn't know.... YOU are the one who said you're going to have check to see if you posted anything 'funny' on any of my serious posts. BTW your replies STILL have 0 to do with the examples I posted. You should try reading a bit better.

froggy Froggy dangit quit abusing Leo...

Some people need a reality check but hey that's just my opinion and we all know opinions are like.....
abusive----.JPG

IMO -- speaking personally -- we're not trying to protect the delicates here.. Look at it from a perspective of the general rules. They are ALL designed to get folks to respect topics upstairs in the Zone1,2,3 forums.

Moderation wouldn't allow folks to drop into a thread and post a dozen drive by "laughing Gifs" on a targeted poster. The folks whining that it MIGHT be interpreted as harassment -- pretty much ADMIT it's harassment and everybody knows what it looks like. But to me PERSONALLY -- malicious excess repping is a "no content" comment that destroys the purpose of having a Message Board. Too many folks in the USA are DONE talking. The whole nation is about to hang up on one another. So it makes it harder to EXPECT "Specific Topical Content" in every post in Zone2 for instance.

Instead of discussing the topic -- it's a low effort way to give the "click click" -- "I'm out of ammo and I don't care" signal to people that they WON'T discuss with.

Given the general dysfunction of this country right now -- TO ME (IMO) -- the only way to KEEP a message board interesting, readable, and relevant --- is to REQUIRE folks to continue the discussions when they choose to come into one. .

Thanks chief ... I have spoken my opinion and you have yours (which I understand).

Just because I don't necessarily agree with your approach doesn't mean I don't understand what you are attempting.
Of course I have already had that argument with a mod who is no longer with us ... To no avail.

You have a job to do here ... Good luck with that ... Thanks for your service.
As for me ... Amazingly, I seem to stay out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back