NRA Children's Museum

Yet here is a video of someone buying a gun no questions asked.

Amazing....

Such private sales are legal only between residents of the same state.

Those participating in a private transaction verify mutual state residency with a state ID, like a driver’s license.

How did the seller verify the 13 year old was a state resident if the boy has no driver’s license – the seller failing to do so was being stupid and reckless.

The NRA is clearly part of the problem – the biggest problem is conservatives who refuse to even address the issue, to consider solutions having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms.

All we hear from the right are lies about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscations.’

Ass opposed to the leftist lies about how the NRA is causing gun crime?

So what is the "issue"? The issue is that some people break laws. Like that food court shooting in the Indiana mall: That entire mall was a "No Weapons" zone. And thanks to the tireless work of the NRA, there was a legally-armed gun owner who immediately put a stop to the shooting.

So what would have been your "solution" to prevent that shooting from taking place? It was already illegal for anyone to carry a weapon into that mall. Maybe your solution would be to make the posted sign bigger? Use bigger letters or brighter colors, so the criminal shooter would have seen it?

I know when applying for a Florida carry permit, one disqualifying factor is a "a record of drug or alcohol abuse". The problem with this is that a "record" is never defined. Does a single hit off a joint, only to find out you don't like smoking pot, sufficient? Is a weekend bender enough to satisfy having a "record" of alcohol abuse?

I do know that, in Florida at least, if you get your medical marijuana card you lose your concealed carry permit. I don't smoke pot, so I'm not worried about that, but I know pot smokers who won't get their medical marijuana card because of that...

One hit off a joint or a weekend bender wouldn't leave a "record" unless you got arrested or something. It would have to be something the authorities were aware of.

One hit off a joint or a weekend bender wouldn't leave a "record" unless you got arrested or something. It would have to be something the authorities were aware of.

Do you believe that someone taking a single hit off a joint and being caught by a cop should be sufficient for someone to lose their 2nd Amendment rights?

the biggest problem is conservatives who refuse to even address the issue, to consider solutions having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms

No, the biggest problem is idiot liberals who target only law abiding citizens with more laws.

If those same idiot liberals were to actually target criminals, they would see those conservatives being a bit more open to dialog. These new laws are targeting those who've done nothing wrong...

Do you believe that someone taking a single hit off a joint and being caught by a cop should be sufficient for someone to lose their 2nd Amendment rights?

I'm invoking the libertarian defense here: I believe it's up to the individual to make their own life's choices. That's just something that I personally wouldn't do.

All we hear from the right are lies about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscations.’

Really?

Damn Right, We’re Coming for Your Guns

"Our government needs to take the guns, at least the ones that are built specifically for killing large numbers of human beings in a short period of time."

"Hell, Yes, I'm Going to Take Your AR-15!" Extreme Positions Steal Spotlight in Dem Debate – InsideSources

“Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47."

Given half a chance, the left would outlaw provate gun ownership. The only reason they haven't tried is they know they'd be shot dead.

The left absolutely hates guns. That's something which can't even be debated. They hate guns, and they hate those of us who own them, despite the fact that the vast majority of us have never committed a crime...

I'm invoking the libertarian defense here: I believe it's up to the individual to make their own life's choices. That's just something that I personally wouldn't do.

Well, neither do I. But you still haven't answered the question.

Should a single toke disqualify someone from carrying a concealed weapon?

Well, neither do I. But you still haven't answered the question.

Should a single toke disqualify someone from carrying a concealed weapon?

I can't answer that, other than saying if should disqualify me if that happened to me. Following existing laws is just a personal choice I've made, but I can't speak for anyone else.

Conservatives don’t even have the courage, decency, or integrity to at least consider solutions to gun crime and violence that don’t involve the regulation of firearms.
Horseshit. Democrats want to confiscate all guns it's the end game goal you can lie too yourself but historically that is their position

Start a thread discussing ways to address gun crime and violence that doesn’t involve the regulation of firearms absent lies about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscations.’

There are plenty of proposed gun laws that may fall short of a 'ban' or 'confiscation' (no matter who is doing the defining) that are still violations of the right to keep and bear arms, thus are infringements on the right, as recognized and secured by the 2ndA.

The right to arms is an immunity from governmental powers that were never granted in the first place. I don't need to prove a right exists, you need to prove a legitimate power exists to do what you want to do.

The right to arms is not granted or given by upon the 2ndA and it does not rely on "interpretations" of words that the right in no manner depends upon to exist.

Such private sales are legal only between residents of the same state.

Those participating in a private transaction verify mutual state residency with a state ID, like a driver’s license.

How did the seller verify the 13 year old was a state resident if the boy has no driver’s license – the seller failing to do so was being stupid and reckless.
Gee, sounds like a loophole to me.

Who is responsible for allowing it? The NRA (in part).

It is just hilarious that the dickless wonders who support this type of thing pretend that the NRA had nothing to do with it.

Gee, sounds like a loophole to me.

Who is responsible for allowing it? The NRA (in part).

It is just hilarious that the dickless wonders who support this type of thing pretend that the NRA had nothing to do with it.

That's idiotic. The NRA doesn't "allow" states to decide their own gun codes. Those are written, submitted, and voted on by state legislators, who carry out the will of the people.

Conservatives don’t even have the courage, decency, or integrity to at least consider solutions to gun crime and violence that don’t involve the regulation of firearms.
Before you get to prattle on about what you want to do you need to have the honest assessment of what government is allowed to do.

As it stands now, the gun rights side is on the solid legal footing telling you that you can't do what you want to do.

So between anti-gun wackos like you and gun rights supporters, it is you who needs to busy thinking of "solutions to gun crime and violence that don’t involve the regulation of firearms".

Before you get to prattle on about what you want to do you need to have the honest assessment of what government is allowed to do.

As it stands now, the gun rights side is on the solid legal footing telling you that you can't do what you want to do.

So between anti-gun wackos like you and gun rights supporters, it is you who needs to busy thinking of "solutions to gun crime and violence that don’t involve the regulation of firearms".
What liberals could do if they really care about gun violence is put criminals or underage people in jail when we catch them with a gun they are not legally allowed to have

I think mandatory non-waivable 3 years in jail is about right

That will do more to reduce gun violence than anything else

Forum List

Back