NYT: Will electric cars become an environmental catastrophe?

The entire premise of the headline is moot.....it wont be an "environmental catastrophy" because nobody is buying electric vehicles. Americans arent interested. Toyota knows that so is selling none. :deal: :rofl:

But dont take my word for it.......check the sales #'s for 2020! >>

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/08/2020-us-electric-vehicle-sales-report/

Laughable

Toyota sells more Camry's than ALL EV sales COMBINED!:oops8:

Electric cars=glorified golf carts. Zero HP.
GM does not make a vehicle that can compare to the Tesla Model S Plaid. And it is a 5 passenger luxury vehicle. 0 to 60 mph in 2 seconds. 9.23 second quarter mile. 200 mph top end. And almost everything in it is made in America, unlike GM products.
Pass. If I have to charge every 8 hours? No way. Give me an ICE vehicle any day.

lol.......but after 100 mph, the Dodge takes the Tesla to Gapplebees:rock:

#84 has no proof that batteries need to be recharged at night. This would be a false problem of the more and the less. Why do you think they plan a battery factory in Georgia, Einstein?

#88: Airships in Chicago would simply bounce off the buildings like Marshmallow Man, low-altitude, not much harm once all the Power cables were buried.

Another idea is to harness a drone’s collective propellers for cable-guided transport, which would latch onto your personal vehicle and in doing so, already know where you wanted to go due to pre-arranged computer instructions. You would arrive in the vicinity and fine-tune your destination manually once disconnected from the low-altitude tram. This would also put a serious dent in petroleum-addiction roadkill statistics.

Hey, my Pinto never caught fire all the years I had and drove it.

Maybe I was remembering the AMC Gremlin.
Maybe.
Now if the Pinto got rear-ended ...
Fortunately mine had the retrofit collision plate by the gas tank.

Speaking of all that, reminds me why up here you never want to rear-end a car with Canadian plates as they often have a few jerry cans of petro in their trunks when they head back North.

Maybe.

Speaking of all that, reminds me why up here you never want to rear-end a car with Canadian plates as they often have a few jerry cans of petro in their trunks when they head back North.
Going south, they are smuggling maple syrup.

What you mean to say is
"NEXT environmental disaster."

Fossil fuels have given us a disaster from which we may never recover.

Should have listened to Jimmy Carter.
Wilson Should Have Stayed Being a Volleyball

Driving a car makes the driver feel manly and independent. The ruling class feels threatened by that. They prefer that their subjects be gutless, pride-less pushovers. Back around 1910, a famous university president warned against the social consequences and plebeian personality changes that would result from letting the lower classes operate their own vehicles. Our self-appointed ruling classes prefers us to be childish bicycle riders or to be crammed into public transportation like rats in the cage.

Maybe.

Going south, they are smuggling maple syrup.

What you mean to say is

Driving a car makes the driver feel manly and independent. The ruling class feels threatened by that. They prefer that their subjects be gutless, pride-less pushovers. Back around 1910, a famous university president warned against the social consequences and plebeian personality changes that would result from letting the lower classes operate their own vehicles. Our self-appointed ruling classes prefers us to be childish bicycle riders or to be crammed into public transportation like rats in the cage.
Here in the PNW, Washington State, they more likely are smuggling BC bud. (Or illegals from Asia)

It will be moot in a couple of years; the commies' Cadre will have the only private vehicles, anyway. And, coal plants are still being built all over India, Red China and other places, so Biden's 'Zero Carbon' nonsense is just a giant joke on the dopers and deviants running around parroting the 'climate change' rubbish.
The Green Monster

GreenHeads are far worse than being just silly utopians. Behind their touchy-feely poses, they are vicious hissing snakes. Viruses can only survive in what these Unabomber mass murderers call "Clean Air."

Their degenerate cult is primitive and mindless Stone Age nature worship, directly related to the fact that prehistoric humans also had the mindset of psychotic killers.

They already are....But the lithium mines are in China and Murican liberoidals don't GAF about their environment.

I need to ask, what do you believe in? Why not make a mention of Coal and Fracking, Oil leaks and massive oil disasters such as the Exxon Valdez and the Deep Water Horizon?

FYI: Game of Mines

Why not mention Biden's 'Zeero Emossions' scam is just a ridiculous piece of hogwash, and both India and Red China are building at least 40 new coal plants each per year, so no matter what the U.S. does the pollution is still going on, and autos make up a very small percentage of the problems. The problem is you commies are stupid and don't have the first clue. So keep relying on fake science and hoping your Red Chinese saviors keep Uncle Joe in office, even after he's dead.
Only a Strong Carbon Footprint Could Have Stomped Out the Crony Virus

Their ignorance in promoting the Lethal Lockdown killed 2.5 million people. But human life matters little to Commie fanatics; history has proved that time and time again.

What you mean to say is

Wilson had zero to do with Americans being able to buy cars. Blame that on Henry Ford.
BUUUUUT
Please keep your gas vehicles. They'll make wonderful caskets.

They already are....But the lithium mines are in China and Murican liberoidals don't GAF about their environment.

I need to ask, what do you believe in? Why not make a mention of Coal and Fracking, Oil leaks and massive oil disasters such as the Exxon Valdez and the Deep Water Horizon?

FYI: Game of Mines

Why not mention Biden's 'Zeero Emossions' scam is just a ridiculous piece of hogwash, and both India and Red China are building at least 40 new coal plants each per year, so no matter what the U.S. does the pollution is still going on, and autos make up a very small percentage of the problems. The problem is you commies are stupid and don't have the first clue. So keep relying on fake science and hoping your Red Chinese saviors keep Uncle Joe in office, even after he's dead.

The irony of someone who bases all their knowledge on facebook memes and then tells someone else they're stupid and don't have a clue.

Dumbest comment of the century ^^^. Our Model 3 has a top speed of 162 mph. Not that anyone of us will ever try to go faster than 85 mph (basic speed law on Hwy 5 in CA).

"Tesla Oracle noted that Tesla increased the top speed of the Model 3 Performance from 155 mph to 162 mph. In the video review by AutoTopNL, the 2021 Model 3 Performance reached the top speed of 262 km/h, which translates to 162.799 mph — a tad higher than Tesla’s official top speed."

Lol ^ :laugh:

F-150 Lightning is a powerhouse that delivers a targeted 563 horsepower and 775 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque ofany F-150 ever – an exhilarating drive, a high-tech frunk, and the ability to power your home if needed.2 days
My oldest son put in his name on the first day Ford was taking names for this vehicle; he owns a Chevy Bolt now.

Forum List

Back