Official USMB Mafia Game #4: Friends and Enemies

Nope, because you cannot point to my lying even once in this game.

Cafe worked very hard to list your myriad lies during this game.

That, for her, combined with my refutation of your lies throughout this game, opens both her and I to being Scum NK.

It is only a matter of in which order you Scum want to off us.

Regards from Rosie

You claimed I said I would suffer if FA was lynched when it was R.D. who said I would suffer if FA was lynched and I blatantly denied it.

You did Mr. sarcasm. Remember? Just dayam, I gave you a lifeline then too, and you refused it :lol:

This is the best he has to point out as a lie. A non-lie.

In what way should that NOT fall back on the accuser?

The one who has accused everybody?

Sheesh.

Lynch All Liars.

Regards from Rosie

You claimed I said I would suffer if FA was lynched when it was R.D. who said I would suffer if FA was lynched and I blatantly denied it.

You did Mr. sarcasm. Remember? Just dayam, I gave you a lifeline then too, and you refused it :lol:

Sheesh.

Lynch All Liars.

Regards from Rosie

Still trying to lie about what I said eh?

Like I said, if we followed your policy, we'd have to lynch you. it's precisely this type of gameplay that got you lynched in game 2.`

It is way to fast but I also think you are scum. I would vote for you right now if not for the fact that would put you back at L-1 and I dont want to see us lose out on the time to ferret out your partners.

Let me ask you something, don't you think it's odd that I'd want us all to talk more if i was scum and you had me nailed? If I was scum, the last thing I'd want to have you do is figure out who my partners are. And yet, I am encouraging all of you to talk more.

Why? Because I don't have partners and I am not scum.

Now why is it some people want to rush this lynch and not have us talk it out more? Is it because they are sure I am scum? or is it because they think they can get the mob to lynch a townie without thinking too much and with little time to explore other options?

Just stuff to think about.

You mean when you falsely claimed I misspoke when I didn't?

That's not a lifeline.

You guys do realize that when I get flipped town you are going to look really scummy, right?

No, you will look like the townie who cant play well with others. I have tried more than once to give you a little help so you can climb down off your high horse and each time you fight it. You play anti town. Its been brought to your attention more than once by more than one player. It goes to reason scum wouldn't make such an observation. You refuse to change your play style to any degree so a vote for you could easily be a policy lynch.

Your sarcastic comment could and should have been accepted by you as sloppy and easily misunderstood. But no, like scum or |anti town you got defensive.

If you recall I finally voted for you because not only were you once again wrong, but you were a pain in the butt for making me go back and prove it.

So yes, by un voting I gave you aid. Im still not sure because you played the same way game 2, then you blamed it on revenge .

Watching you squirm is just a plus :D

If i change my playing style i get accused of being scum by you. damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Your aid is worth as much as an anchor to a man that's drowning.

Sheesh.

Lynch All Liars.

Regards from Rosie

Still trying to lie about what I said eh?

Like I said, if we followed your policy, we'd have to lynch you. it's precisely this type of gameplay that got you lynched in game 2.`

Calling something a lie that is not a lie is a false accusation.

You habitually do that.

You ought to take to heart how people are telling you you are misbehaving.

A false accusation is a lie.

Lynch All Liars.

Regards from Rosie

Btw my top three choices for the scum now are grandma, aye, and cafe.

Just a note in case you lynch me before I can.

I'm also more suspicious of r.d. Now.

Why? Because we refuse to sit back and let you make accusations without us saying a word in our defense? Funny how you swear up and down you're town when questioned or called out on something, then try and turn it around and say to anyone that defends themselves that they are scum. I guess you're pretty much saying there's 1 town in this game with that logic. Good luck with it.

Really? Where have I even attempted to silence you? Where have you been prevented from putting up a defense.

It's only logical that if 8 people are claiming to be vanilla town and there are 5 vanilla town spots left that some of them are lying. It's basic mathematics.

The question is why is pointing out the obvious upsetting you so much?

I never said you have attempted to silence me. What I said was defending myself/responding to your accusations only makes you come back and say I'm scum or suspicious. I was pointing out that anyone that has responded to you gets the same general response.

It should be common sense that us townies aren't going to reveal if we're masons. We have no PR roles in this game to save any. With scum trying to save themselves (which is to their win condition), of course they'll claim they're town/townies/whatever. The thing is, not all of us are lying when we say we're town.

What bothers me is that you don't seem to believe anyone at this point. To you, we're all scum.

Did you overlook R.D.? Rosie? and me? Hmmmm, I wonder why you would not consider them? And me? All are still playing. That makes 4.

If tn turns out to be Scum, then you would be Town and vice versa making it 5, unless I decide to make either one of you FOS. Either your math skills suck, or you didn't consider Rosie/R.D. because they are Scum along with you and it was a mafia slip?

Because you, R.D., and Rosie are a single entity this game - a 3-headed monster - and that entity sure as hell isn't Town.

Well, I see you haven't gained any experience in picking out Scum, unless, of course, you are Scum this go -round. I certainly am not Scum, but you coming after me so intensely only means that I must be right....it's you, MeBelle and FA, isn't it?

No wonder you wouldn't cast a vote for FA. MeBelle, one of your team members, thought she would just vote for one of her teammates and not appear suspicious, that is, until several of us started voting for him, then she started sweating that FA was going to be lynched, so she quickly withdrew her vote....of course you weren't going to replace her...Scum doesn't go after their own.

You reek of scum.

I am extremely pissed off right now.

There's no two ways about it, I am being cheated out of my vote.

For the next 24 hours or so I'll keep my vote on TN. He's disappeared without PMing Wake with a V/LA announcement. This is the 4th time in a row he's gone silent on us. It's not like he posted anything worthwhile before he vanished.

So he's a nice, safe policy lynch.

If during the next 24 hours the wagon picks up steam I'll stay with TN.

If there aren't 3 votes on TN by tomorrow afternoon, I'm switching my vote to Avi.

Shaitra said the same thing yesterday.
TN has been AWOL for 5 days.

Post 606, at 8:58 am I said I'd switch my vote unless someone offered a good defense for you.
That didn't happen.

Your OMGUS vote isn't helping.

I was still on V/LA yesterday. Today I am home and back at work. Sorry, work takes priority over the game.

But I have had the game up in the background most of the day reading when I can.

I'm not totally convinced Avatar is scum yet. It seems some of you have been tunneling on him since the beginning of the game. But several of his posts do seem suspicious and I know he is good at spinning things to clear himself.

Since the game is early on day 2, it does seem strange, even scummy for Grandma to be rushing the lynch.

Tunneling is an understatement.

R.D, Aye, and Grandma all wanted to jump on after i made the post pointing out that everyone claiming to be VT can't be. I find the timing interesting.

I've been saying since early on that everyone should claim VT. If they did, we'd have 13 people claiming VT. Now we'd have 11.

Do you think I can't do the fucking math, Avatar?

Why? Because we refuse to sit back and let you make accusations without us saying a word in our defense? Funny how you swear up and down you're town when questioned or called out on something, then try and turn it around and say to anyone that defends themselves that they are scum. I guess you're pretty much saying there's 1 town in this game with that logic. Good luck with it.

Really? Where have I even attempted to silence you? Where have you been prevented from putting up a defense.

It's only logical that if 8 people are claiming to be vanilla town and there are 5 vanilla town spots left that some of them are lying. It's basic mathematics.

The question is why is pointing out the obvious upsetting you so much?

I never said you have attempted to silence me. What I said was defending myself/responding to your accusations only makes you come back and say I'm scum or suspicious. I was pointing out that anyone that has responded to you gets the same general response.

It should be common sense that us townies aren't going to reveal if we're masons. We have no PR roles in this game to save any. With scum trying to save themselves (which is to their win condition), of course they'll claim they're town/townies/whatever. The thing is, not all of us are lying when we say we're town.

What bothers me is that you don't seem to believe anyone at this point. To you, we're all scum.

Been thinking about it the last two hours while I was tending my lawn. The fact that I have over half the town ready to lynch me despite being town and telling the truth means that my methods are clearly not helping the town.

So I'm going to cut back. I'm going to be seen as scum whether I remain posting as I am or whether I change my tactics. I would have thought the fact that I'm actively leaving info for when you lynch me and I flip town would have convinced you. But I've clearly got zero ethos at this point to convince you guys.

You are wrong though. At this point I am not suspecting shaitra, TN, and ironically mertex.

And I though I'll change my tactics I am not changing my vote for grandma. You won't have to read as much but that early hammer intent is still scummy.

Ok. I'll bite.

Vote: UNVOTE

Just like with Mani - almost.

If you do get a new set of tactics, Avatar, you are most of the way towards a winning strategy.

And doncha forget it.

Regards from Rosie

CaféAuLait;9527011 said:
Which brings me to Question #2:

TN - Why were you so focused on Mani?

That's a good question, so I will ask you the same, you sat right by TN as second vote on Mani, and seemed to be just as focused as TN as well. Why?

You said in one post, it was because Mani asked how VT and Masons were to work together ( a valid question) and because he said something to the effect of him wondering how town was supposed to work together as a team and he still did not understand how town can do this after he played for three games. I think both were valid observations TBH.

This may only be my second partial game, but I don't see town working together, I see many at each others throats I also wonder the same as Mani.

That a question along those lines was asked here in the game as opposed to out in the Mafia Discussion thread was bad enough, but the way he worded it gave me the creeps.

Mani's played 4 games here - why was he acting like such a wide-eyed noob?

And there's more - In the real MafiaScum games the experienced players wind up lynching a Townie 9 times out of 10 on Day 1. Since it's so likely that a Townie will be mislynched, it's best to go with a policy lynch - a low-volume, low-content player or one that seems anti-town.

Our low-volume players were FA, Mani, MeBelle, Shaitra, and TN.

FA didn't seem suspicious to me. However, Mertex and R.D. were all over him. Those two were pinging my scumdar with anti-town posts, so I thought they might be setting him up as a convenient sacrifice/mislynch.

MeBelle gave me next to nothing to work with. But she has some kind of magic bubble around her, she manages to avoid getting lynched. Mani bailing her out in Game 2 was one for the books. I saw no point in going after her, it's like the magic fairies will keep her safe from lynches.

Shaitra's low-volume, but she's a good player. I wanted to hear more from her. (Unfortunately I haven't heard much yet...)

TN... the odds against him being scum yet again are ridiculous, but then ridiculous odds are overcome every day, aren't they? Plus I was mad at him for laying low and hiding himself as scum in the other games. But since the odds of him being scum were so low, it was doubtful anyone would vote for him.

My main choice for scum was Mertex, but I wanted to be sure her crazy play wasn't just some sort of Day 1 bizarro, like the lunacy Ropey pulled in Game 3. Mani went just a bit further off the deep end, so I switched my vote.

Magic fairies and bubbles? lol!!

Good post!!

I find it very interesting that Mertex and R.D. are so over-the-top gung-ho for lynching Avi, but they aren't voting for him.

Curious.

I think he's scum, and I think they're scum.

Are they playing against each other to avoid suspicion?

Why were Avi and Rosie so sure they'd be NK'ed Night 1? Or were they trying to appear Townie?

Why throw shit at me for hard-claiming VT? EVERYONE should claim VT, even those that aren't. Some of you seem to think that the Masons are obligated to claim their actual role, or that only the VT's will claim theirs.

If ALL Townies claim VT, then Scum won't know who the Masons are, right??!

So why is Avi crumbing Mason and then saying he isn't?

Not too sure mertex is gung ho about lynching me. I have no doubt she suspects me. but from the posts today she seems to be looking for other possibilities as well. She can clarify more.

Why i was certain I was going to be night killed? I wasn't certain, but when you piss off half the board it's likely to include scum. And I am not exactly a shabby player when it comes to mafia so far. It would make sense for the scum to knock off a competent player. But I am guessing they probably thought they could have me mislynched today instead.

Other players might not be able to speak for why Rosie would think she would be, but it's probably because she has been frequently.

To your argument that everyone claims to be VT, if we did that, then at least some people would be lying. Townies are not supposed to lie. Lying is a scummy action.

Very many of you are making assumptions about what I have crumbed. If you found my clues you would know, because I've made the clues as clear as I can without being blatant. I am not claiming to be a mason. I am not claiming not to be. To claim I was a mason, if i was one, would make me a bigger target from the scum and hurt the town. To claim i wasn't would eliminate me from the contention of being one and then help narrow down who the true masons were. Some of you want me to declare. I will not. You will have to lynch me to find out if you can't follow my clues. But if you can read what's in front of you, you will know what I am. That's all I will say on the matter. And if you do figure it out, keep it to yourself, the scum might not have figured it out.

No one is asking you to declare, you keep repeating this ridiculous nonsense over and over.

This makes no sense Avatar. Why crumb at all? You crumbing and supposedly hoping *only town* will figure it out is silly. . Please.

You supposedly crumbing you are VT is pointless. I can't see a reason for it at all ,when you can just claim "Town". Unless you are saying you wanted all the rest of us townies to know you were VT and were a safe lynch? I don't get it. If scum figured it out, it gives them other targets to focus on. Your explanation for crumbing whatever it is you are trying to crumb, will get you the same damn result for scum.

(When I stated I was VT, SR came on immediately and chastised us all ,she did not say my name -but pointed out it would hurt our masons to claim our VT roles, this was near the start of the game IIRC. I was a complete idiot, I did not think of this aspect)

CaféAuLait;9533136 said:
I find it very interesting that Mertex and R.D. are so over-the-top gung-ho for lynching Avi, but they aren't voting for him.

Curious.

I think he's scum, and I think they're scum.

Are they playing against each other to avoid suspicion?

Why were Avi and Rosie so sure they'd be NK'ed Night 1? Or were they trying to appear Townie?

Why throw shit at me for hard-claiming VT? EVERYONE should claim VT, even those that aren't. Some of you seem to think that the Masons are obligated to claim their actual role, or that only the VT's will claim theirs.

If ALL Townies claim VT, then Scum won't know who the Masons are, right??!

So why is Avi crumbing Mason and then saying he isn't?

Not too sure mertex is gung ho about lynching me. I have no doubt she suspects me. but from the posts today she seems to be looking for other possibilities as well. She can clarify more.

Why i was certain I was going to be night killed? I wasn't certain, but when you piss off half the board it's likely to include scum. And I am not exactly a shabby player when it comes to mafia so far. It would make sense for the scum to knock off a competent player. But I am guessing they probably thought they could have me mislynched today instead.

Other players might not be able to speak for why Rosie would think she would be, but it's probably because she has been frequently.

To your argument that everyone claims to be VT, if we did that, then at least some people would be lying. Townies are not supposed to lie. Lying is a scummy action.

Very many of you are making assumptions about what I have crumbed. If you found my clues you would know, because I've made the clues as clear as I can without being blatant. I am not claiming to be a mason. I am not claiming not to be. To claim I was a mason, if i was one, would make me a bigger target from the scum and hurt the town. To claim i wasn't would eliminate me from the contention of being one and then help narrow down who the true masons were. Some of you want me to declare. I will not. You will have to lynch me to find out if you can't follow my clues. But if you can read what's in front of you, you will know what I am. That's all I will say on the matter. And if you do figure it out, keep it to yourself, the scum might not have figured it out.

No one is asking you to declare, you keep repeating this ridiculous nonsense over and over.

This makes no sense Avatar. Why crumb at all? You crumbing and supposedly hoping *only town* will figure it out is silly. . Please.

You supposedly crumbing you are VT is pointless. I can't see a reason for it at all ,when you can just claim "Town". Unless you are saying you wanted all the rest of us townies to know you were VT and were a safe lynch? I don't get it. If scum figured it out, it gives them other targets to focus on. Your explanation for crumbing whatever it is you are trying to crumb, will get you the same damn result for scum.

(When I stated I was VT, SR came on immediately and chastised us all ,she did not say my name -but pointed out it would hurt our masons to claim our VT roles, this was near the start of the game IIRC. I was a complete idiot, I did not think of this aspect)

Duly noted

Cafe's post about those claiming VT has prompted me to do a search through the game looking to see who has claimed to be townie or not. It looks like every player except 3 has made a town aligned claim.

There are only 5 VT slots left.

Grandma, Cafe, Mertex, and FA have all claimed to be VT.

Rosie, Aye, Mebelle, and I have all made non-specific townie claims. Meaning we have said we are town, but not specified vanilla.

R.D., Shaitra, and TN have not made town claims whatsoever. I don't think that means they are scum, they could be Vanilla and just wise enough not to claim. They could also be masons and trying not to lie.

Now, while Rosie, Aye, and Mebelle have not explicitly said they were vanilla, It was highly implied that they were.

If they are claiming vanilla, that will leave at least 2 (more accurately 3) people falsely claiming to be vanilla. The question is why are they lying? is it because they are scum falsely claiming, or because they are masons falsely claiming VT?

Since you guys can't figure out my crumbs and it looks like the cards are all out on the table, and it also looks like you are highly likely to lynch me today, I will say that I am a vanilla townie. If you need to lynch me to verify, then do so, I'm going to fight you on it, but it might be the best way for you to take my analysis seriously.

Ill even throw you my crumbs in a bit though they were pretty subtle.

I'm doing this for the masons to be well armed later in the game. I don't know who you are. But if I dead, you will have four vanilla townies left. And if the scum miss you guys, you will have 3 vanillas, 3 masons, and 3 scum. Use the information wisely.

My guess is that there is at least 2 scum among those claiming to be town:

Cafe, Grandma, mertex, FA, Mebelle, Rosie, or Aye

Now let the fireworks begin:)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...ame-4-friends-and-enemies-15.html#post9528026

post #586
I clearly state I'm Town and suggest Mertex is scum.
I agree with Avatar's suggestion that Mertex could be scum.

I hate not being able to edit!!

What special powers do Masons have?

CaféAuLait;9528952 said:
About Mani

Avatar keeps insisting he did not lead the wagon, but while re-reading I found Avatar suggesting or 'crumbing" Mani was scum before SR AND Grandma voted for Mani. See post 246. Avatars wagon on Mertex had stalled. There were four votes for FA and four for Mertex and one for Mani when Avatar made post 246.

This is long, read it or not but it shows Avatar DID lead the wagon on Mani, not SR.

VC before the drive on Mani: Mertex 4 votes, FA 4 votes and Mani 1 vote.

post 246 Avatar suggests Mani is scum here as he is working his Mertex wagon which has stalled:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/9495059-post246.html

Post 251 Avatar states Mani just wants to coast through the game and Mani does not sound very townish.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/9495124-post251.html

Then grandma votes for Mani 279

SR votes Mani post 329

Avatar immediately jumps on SR vote in post 331 asking why Mani to SR? All the while his wagon on Mertex is stalled.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...usmb-mafia-game-4-friends-and-enemies-23.html

He then asks for a vote count mentioning top three, Mertex (4), FA(4) and now Mani(3). Wake supplies such in VC1.7

Then Avatar immediately points out we have about two days left and asks if we all should vote one of top three 334 immediately after Wake post the VC

SR responds to Avatars question in post 331 (above) and SR states in post 336 Mani is a policy lynch and safe.

Post 340 Avatar responds her points make sense and he is willing to vote for Mani.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...usmb-mafia-game-4-friends-and-enemies-23.html

(somewhere around here TN states Avatar is a liar and I point out he did not lie)

(Mebelle unvotes FA post 378)

Post 383 Avatar states he will be willing to switch his vote to Mani (again) Mertex wagon still stalled.

Post 384 Avatar tells Mani he sounds like scum

Post 385 Avatar states MeBelle's unvote on FA gives Avatar even more reason to vote for Mani

Post 387 Avatar recommends “Rosie and Cafe make a choice on the top three and mebelle make another vote and we see where we stand at that point”. This is important to me, Avatar knows Rosie already has it in for Mani.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...usmb-mafia-game-4-friends-and-enemies-26.html

Rosie jumps on it in post 388 and votes Mani

Avatar's post 339 less than a minute later (not noting Rosies vote) he "mentions" @ me, rosie and mebelle in post and says we have to plan to get a lynch quoting the VC for the second time in a few short posts.

Post 390 Avatar quotes rosies vote for Mani.

Posst 395 Avatar states again Mani’s game is the same as it was when Mani was scum

*THIS PART IS IMPORTANT*

Post 402, Avatar Mentions Mani might be scum one more time but also says Mertex and FA may be scum too, ( weird because Avatar had been against a FA vote and fighting Mertex on voting for FA because she had no reason to vote for FA according to Avatar, but now Avatar suddenly thinks FA may be scum? This is weird to me because I believe FA to be scum. Explained in a later post this one is already too long.

Post 416 Avatar states he is thinking about switching his vote to Mani ( mertex wagon still stalled)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...usmb-mafia-game-4-friends-and-enemies-28.html

Post 426 Avatar speaks to Mani and points out he is thinking of voting Mani again.

Post 432 Avatar addresses Mani and tells him he would prefer if people would have joined his mertex wagon.

Post 439 Avatar is arguing with Aye (about a hammer comment Aye made), and states Mani is the only possible vote now because Aye just voted for Mani, but Avatar has yet to vote for Mani.

Post 445 Avatar declares he will hammer Mani in about an hour

Post 449 Avatar hammers.

Post 473 Avatar says he did not lead the wagon on Mani.

Anyone else have any other input here? This sure looks like Avatar drove the wagon on Mani after his Mertex wagon stalled out.

I drove the lynch for mani after the mertex wagon stalled, you mean after there were 5 votes for mani and 3 or less votes for the other wagons and when we had less than a day left? That's when i declared that I would vote for mani, when I would have been the 6th vote. Why? Because it was the only wagon left and we didn't need a no lynch.

I would hardly call joining at the end leading.

No, you drove it right after Grandma and SR voted Mani. Prior, you suggested he was scum in a few posts. After, you kept mentioning him and how you might vote him or pointed out he was scum or mentioned you would flip votes. You drove the wagon subtly. When Mani had three votes- you started in on him full speed.

Forum List

Back