Official USMB Mafia Game #6: The Rebels In The Palace

ika, I wanted the ruler flipped first so no one would be hunting the usurper before explaining that. The usurper is not as much of a threat without a dead ruler.

this is exactly the type of reasoning why i deem you upsurper. you are trying to dissuade people from hunting it. the reality is that upsuper is still scum and need to be lynched

I agree the Usurper needs to be lynched. It's easier if we get scum lynched right away and bone the usurper. Who really thinks the usurper can get through four to five townies? No one. Given the usurper's attitudes, they will probably flip the scum radar and get lynched. There's no need to explicitly hunt for them when we can bone them by just catching scum.

The scum then cannot say "look I'm scumhunting" while every post is about a usurper.

Damn, I've been busy this morning, come back to the thread and see a bunch of people giving reasons for not voting Shaitra, and I though WTF....we're going to have to find more info to convince the other Townies.....then a few posts later, after I posted my response I noticed she's already hanging from the gallows! :ack-1:

If Shaitra flips town, which I doubt, there were way too many telltale signs, I'm going to have to reevaluate my entire list. This game is too hard! :sad:

Rebels in the Palace is much harder because scum do not know each other. I'm thinking of doing resistance next time. No one dies in resistance.

ewwww resistance.

but thats besides the point titus, you are defending upsuper when its still the same thing: its a scum. lynching it now vs later will not change any outcome and your hardon for it is showing

Actually, that's where you are wrong. Lynching the usurper before the ruler hurts us. The ruler flipping eliminates the rest of the scumteam. The Usurper wants to lynch the scumteam. As long as the scums are alive, the Usurper is an ally.

By taking a shot at the Usurper, we totally fuck ourselves over if there are too many groupscum in the game.

and you know full well titus i have a huge thing for neutral hunting. scum hunting anyone can do, neutral hunting is a joy

I don't see where he contradicted anything.

and since you can't use the "he didn't give a reason for his vote" argument since it's been debunked do you still think I'm scum and if so why?

It has not been debunked at all. Where has it been debunked?

And I see plenty of contradictions in what he has said today and pointed them out. He can explain them or not as he sees fit.

I'll explain my scumread on you when I have time to pull quotes. Remember I am not voting for you at this time. But thank you for participating more.

where has it been debunked? I don't know. Maybe it's the multiple people who have told you I gave my reasons for ika day one. And where you admitted you weren't paying attention.

and once we get the ruler you can be damn right I'll be prosecuting the remaining guards to the full extent of the law

Once we get the ruler, the remaining guards will die which you would know if you were paying attention.

And unless we have the usurper out by then as well, that role will still be a threat to us.
Right so the usurper is unlikely to take a swing at the ruler. They will townside on guards and scumside on the ruler.

Predicting what the usurper will do is easy enough. Count the bodies

Townies have to deduce scum. Scum does not.

How did I miss this whopper? If anyone has doubts as to MathBlade's alignment, this quote should put them to rest.

In this game, scum absolutely has to scum hunt. Even the ruler, who had to find the usurper.

That Math is using such blatantly terribad logic to attack me illustrates her desperation.

I would disagree on the ruler needing to find the usurper. Sure it might help, but the usurper is just another town body to the ruler most likely. One that would act a little stupid.

I think I'm going to vote someone new.

VOTE: grandma

Because? Not that I disagree.

Why Grandma? I have no read on her except she was TSO! who was not playing. The thing that could suck is TSO was the King and could not or did not play, thereby throwing the whole game. I was looking for some pattern where player seemed to defend another player even if not stating such, thus my vote for FA as of now. I suppose its possible for a usurper role for Grandma, but I've got my eye on someone else for that slot for the time being.

I would think that the Usurper would vote for anyone since his objective is to kill the king, guards and town (at least all but one).....since Grandma has only voted once and TSO only voted once, it doesn't seem likely to me that she would be the Usurper. I'm also thinking of someone else for that role but I don't have enough info yet.

I wouldn't think the Usurper would vote for anyone (well unless I'm wrong and ika is because that's his town strategy). That might as well be hanging a neon sign.

Wolf did not say you were proven town. Wolf's logic is faulty in assumung the usurper is off the wagon. The usurper should want a guard lynch imo.

The usurper wants anyone but him so I would suspect the L minus 1 voter.

For scum, I would look at anyone who FA said was too dumb to scum.

I feel comfortable taking Wolf off the table if FAflips scum.

First, excessive suggestion I am the usurper. Theallegation makes no sense. Why would a usurper hate two competing wagons and vote neither? The more logical (but still incorrect) assumption is scum with FA. Not all people who defend scum are scum here but I am surprised that wasskipped.

Who says I'm not thinking you might be a guard? Or the usurper? You could be either as far as I'm concerned. I certainly don't trust you for shit this game.

I don't care if you trust me. I care if we lynch scum.

It's one thing to say I could be. It's another to see 3-4 players post that with zero discussion of guard SR. That's what is off.

I'm not totally caught up but I wanted to address something that I see everyone repeating. You all think I proposed jumping on Avi when FA was at L-1 to preserve FA. I had no idea he was a guard. As I posted before, I wanted to put a second player at L-1 to see what Ika would do with that choice? The way Ika has been playing makes me think he is either the usurper or the ruler. I'm leaning more usurper though because all he cares about is hammering people.

Why all the focus on the usurper?

I'm not totally caught up but I wanted to address something that I see everyone repeating. You all think I proposed jumping on Avi when FA was at L-1 to preserve FA. I had no idea he was a guard. As I posted before, I wanted to put a second player at L-1 to see what Ika would do with that choice? The way Ika has been playing makes me think he is either the usurper or the ruler. I'm leaning more usurper though because all he cares about is hammering people.

Why all the focus on the usurper?
Scum is scum, usurper, guard, or ruler.
Inthis game, they are all anti-town but the usurper is a secondary threat. After the ruler dies (or all his guards do), they are even.

A player that neutral hunts near exclusively is a large scum indicator. Doubly so when the neutral cannot kill and has to townside early.

[To be clear, Wolf falling for my Slayer's gambit and continuing to scumhunt does not fall into this category].

Titus you knwo that is facutalyinccorect about your neutral, you had another game where you were jester and you thought i was the ohter.

your fixation on upsuper is intresting though, how come you seem so focused on it?
I am not. I eany us focused on scum. If ppl thonk I am usurper, I can run with that.

ika, I wanted the ruler flipped first so no one would be hunting the usurper before explaining that. The usurper is not as much of a threat without a dead ruler.

Wolf, the mafiascum wiki explains it. I said ika was town but never explained WHY he was town to try not to ruin his but not be dishonest about my reads.

Ika, you know as well as I do scum love hiding in hiding 3rd party hunting. If we catch the scums too early. Usurper is boned.

Check out all these quotes. SR is quite focused on the usurper role and trying to keep it alive.

This points to her very likely being the usurper.

Not positive of that read by any means but no one else talks about it as much as she does.

Just a note at this point.

Hell, my above quotes don't even discuss this whole latest page of usurper discussion where SR is determined to keep the usurper alive, LOL.

Wolf, I'm kinda the strategy expert and IC here. It's my JOB to weigh which roles should be lynched and when. If it's smart to keep the usurper alive, I'll say so even to my own detriment. I said you were town in Game 5, to my own detriment, and I was right.

Now, a little example to prove my point

7 alive
3 townies
3 scums
Usurper

Obviously, we would have to get rid of the usurper but lynching them there is scum victory automatically. That's the scenario I fear if we hunt the usurper which scum are all too glad to do.

If we catch the scums early,

we could get

7 townies
1 usurper
1 ruler

if we have high town body count, Usurper will have nowhere to hide. I've mentioned this before to Mertex I believe it was. Usurper won't want a fast ruler lynch due to the number of bodies they'd have to go through.

Hell, my above quotes don't even discuss this whole latest page of usurper discussion where SR is determined to keep the usurper alive, LOL.

Wrong. I'm determined not to HUNT for the usurper. If it claims, we lynch it if we have bodies to spare.

Oh, and of course usurper wants scum dead and will use the excuse of let's get them first and then get the usurper later to save her own hide.

hmmmmmmm......................................................

Wrong. I'm determined not to HUNT for the usurper. If it claims, we lynch it if we have bodies to spare.

BS-You are trying to save the usurper life. You wouldn't care if we lynched the usurper first if you were town.

You are the usurper. Don't even try to lie your way out of it now.

BS-You are trying to save the usurper life. You wouldn't care if we lynched the usurper first if you were town.

You are the usurper. Don't even try to lie your way out of it now.

Again, you're not reading. I wouldn't mind if the usurper was lynched. I mind if we permit hunting of the usurper. Scum love to neutral hunt and pass it off as scumhunting. Neutral hunting gives ZERO information to work off of. Who would a neutral be associated with? No one. Scum love that. They can appear to do nothing, stay in their nice little blocks. Mislynch supposed usurperers and just coast to victory.

I go to our other building for 2 hours and come back to being lynched. :uhoh3: Just as well as I am V/LA for the next 4 days. Hubby and I are looking for our retirement home or land to build it on.

Good luck!!

Our speciality at USMB is quicklynching. We do it better than anyone. :wink:

Yes, I unwittingly did that to Cafe in a previous game. :ack-1:

Thanks for the well wishes. We are super excited.

Hope you find the perfect spot Shaitra.

Yeah, I read the explanation but there's just too much WIFOM and trying to keep the usurper alive longer. We are not necessarily going to get to the scenario she describes. It's a what if.............if she's the usurper, and it looks likely, she goes next. No other explanation is necessary. Scum is scum. They all have to die. When it happens does not matter. It just has to happen. I could explain several scenarios where killing the usurper now will help town. She just shared one where it would to try to dissuade us from killing the usurper. She's showed her hand. We'll see Shaitra's flip but as far as I'm concerned, SR is next.

Damn, I've been busy this morning, come back to the thread and see a bunch of people giving reasons for not voting Shaitra, and I though WTF....we're going to have to find more info to convince the other Townies.....then a few posts later, after I posted my response I noticed she's already hanging from the gallows! :ack-1:

If Shaitra flips town, which I doubt, there were way too many telltale signs, I'm going to have to reevaluate my entire list. This game is too hard! :sad:

Rebels in the Palace is much harder because scum do not know each other. I'm thinking of doing resistance next time. No one dies in resistance.

What? What's the point of the game if no one dies? Scum do not know each other in this game either, just the guards know who the King is....that's why I think it's so hard, they (Scum) don't know who to support or who to lynch. The Usurper in this game will probably be just a hunch that everyone has on the the same person....depending on how Shaitra flips, I may have to reorganize my reads.

It's not wifom to have an unpopular opinion. Bah. I guess y'all are hellbent on being stupid again.

Forum List

Back