Omicron, this is BIG

All viruses evolve less lethal.
Omicron can end the epidemic.
There is difference of opinion among scientists as to whether viruses do end up less lethal. However, regardless of how it ends up, the next variant can be more lethal than anything we have seen because mutations are random and the amount of immunity gained from one variant may not transfer well to the next variant but yes, I agree Omicron can end the epidemic, if we're lucky.

There is difference of opinion among scientists as to whether viruses do end up less lethal. However, regardless of how it ends up, the next variant can be more lethal than anything we have seen because mutations are random and the amount of immunity gained from one variant may not transfer well to the next variant but yes, I agree Omicron can end the epidemic, if we're lucky.
and finally a half full glass instead of half empty

In your war on vaccines, you have conveniently ignored the fact that in hospitals across the country the unvaccinated are responsibly for 80% to 95% of the covid deaths.

In Texas:
Unvaccinated people were 13 times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people.
Unvaccinated people were 20 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated death than fully vaccinated people

In Washington State:
Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are:
• 3 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
• 12 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.

Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are:
• 4 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.
• 18 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.

Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are:
• 7 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 13 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 15 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Do...-tables/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

Untrue.
Those were the early claims, but now with more testing, they have determined that the mRNA vaccines do not at all change infection rates in any way.
All they do is temporarily reduce symptoms for less than 6 months.
Why do you think they keep pushing the boosters?
They claim it is for the variants, but the vaccines have never changed and can not change for variants, since all they do is grow spike proteins.

It is my opinion that viruses always evolve to be less lethal because those least lethal remain reproducing far more because their host does not die and kill them as well.

And I also disagree as to the history of variants.
I do not believe they are mutations at all, because mutations are totally random, and essentially all random mutations are simply not viable in that short time frame.
Rapid changes in virus almost always are not from mutations, but from more than one virus injecting its RNA or DNA into the same cell.
That leads to mixing that is not at all a mutation, and is a gazillion times more likely to survive.
The reality is that almost all variants existed all along.
They are not created on the fly.
And all that happens is they become either more or less common, based on natural selection.

I agree immunity may not transfer well to variants, but more so than mRNA vaccines that only get our own cells to start producing spike proteins.

MRNA vaccine fails to immunize saliva of the vaxxed. Viruses there can be re-transmitted into the environment, killing others.
Haven't seen this claim. How about a link.

The immune system of the body protects cells within the body. Salvia is produced by the salivary glands. Researchers in the United States and Canada have conducted a study showing that the vaccines developed by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna to protect against coronavirus disease generate local antibody responses in the salivary gland that are independent of the systemic immune response. However, very little is known regarding whether the current COVID-19 vaccines, which are all administered via the parenteral intramuscular (i.m.) route, can induce immunity in the saliva.

Untrue.
Those were the early claims, but now with more testing, they have determined that the mRNA vaccines do not at all change infection rates in any way.
All they do is temporarily reduce symptoms for less than 6 months.
Why do you think they keep pushing the boosters?
They claim it is for the variants, but the vaccines have never changed and can not change for variants, since all they do is grow spike proteins.
The data is current. The Washington report was issued today and covers cases from July to November of 2021. The Texas report was issued in November with source data from the CDC for a period May to October 2021. The simple fact remains, in hospitals across the country, the vast majority of covid death are unvaccinated. That was true in the Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2021.

In the US as in most countries, there are offical names for disease that are listed on death certificates and tabulated as a vital statistic. All variants of Covid-19 are listed as Covid-19. Thus we have no totals for Alpha, Delta, Mu, or Omicron.
The media, CDC, & WH has reported ZERO deaths from Omicron....

Africa, where it came from, was the 1st to report that while it spreads quickly it is virtually NON-lethal, does not attack the respiratory system, makes joints achy, and makes people tired.

You do this regardless of whether you are jabbed or not.

My aunt's sister-in-law died, she was un-jabbed, her husband was jabbed. He didn't know he was infected. . . he felt fine, and gave it to her.

If he hadn't been jabbed? He would have stayed the hell away from her.

You have more chance of catching COVID from a jabbed person than an un-jabbed person. Folks that are un-jabbed? They know when they have it, and they isolate.

Now? regarding my aunt's sister? I told her? IMO? She should have gotten it. Any person that is sixty nine and diabetic? According to the research and statistics, they are probably nuts if they DON'T get it.

But healthy young and middle aged folks?

Dumb.
Had she had the vaccine she probably would have survived. You're faulting the smarter individual for the death of one that failed to take action to protect herself.

It is my opinion that viruses always evolve to be less lethal because those least lethal remain reproducing far more because their host does not die and kill them as well.

And I also disagree as to the history of variants.
I do not believe they are mutations at all, because mutations are totally random, and essentially all random mutations are simply not viable in that short time frame.
Rapid changes in virus almost always are not from mutations, but from more than one virus injecting its RNA or DNA into the same cell.
That leads to mixing that is not at all a mutation, and is a gazillion times more likely to survive.
The reality is that almost all variants existed all along.
They are not created on the fly.
And all that happens is they become either more or less common, based on natural selection.

I agree immunity may not transfer well to variants, but more so than mRNA vaccines that only get our own cells to start producing spike proteins.
You idea of where variants come from does not seem to agree current scientific opinion. Again, how about a link to support your opinion.

Information about Variants: RNA Viruses constantly change through mutation and sometimes these mutations result in a new variant of the virus. Some variants emerge and disappear while others persist. New variants will continue to emerge.

You idea of where variants come from does not seem to agree current scientific opinion. Again, how about a link to support your opinion.

Information about Variants: RNA Viruses constantly change through mutation and sometimes these mutations result in a new variant of the virus. Some variants emerge and disappear while others persist. New variants will continue to emerge.

Omicron mutation N969K is a vaccine-linked mutation. how did this mutation evolve?

The media, CDC, & WH has reported ZERO deaths from Omicron....

Africa, where it came from, was the 1st to report that while it spreads quickly it is virtually NON-lethal, does not attack the respiratory system, makes joints achy, and makes people tired.
Yes, the earliest cases were reported because they were first cases. I think one was reported in Texas. However routinely, there is no reporting means built into the system to report variants in US. So even if a doctor writes Omicron on the death certificate, it will come out as Covid-19. Although we know that most all deaths today are from delta they are just reported as Covid-19. I suppose, researchers could get data from death certificates and compare to Covid test results, however, I have never seen this type of data.

Omicron mutation N969K is a vaccine-linked mutation. how did this mutation evolve?
N969K is a spike mutation that occurs in both Delta and Omicron variants. Why do say it's vaccine linked?
Please provide a link to support your claim or we'll just consider it
more fake news.

It would appear many of the people hospitalized with Omicron aren’t actually in hospital *for* Omicron. They’re there for other, unrelated reasons. They’re patients hospitalized for various reasons who also happen to have the mild, inconsequential varient known as Omicron.

Many people hospitalized in the Omicron surge are there for other reasons and have only mild COVID-19
No one is hospitalized due to omicron or delta because neither the PCR tests nor antigen tests can tell you or the hospital which you have. You just have covid-19.

Genome sequence tests are run on the samples in the lab to determine the type of mutation which takes several weeks. This data is used by public health officials to track the spread of the various mutation.

If a doctor in the ER tells you that you have Delta or Omicron he is basing this on your symptoms and his evaluation. There is no separate treatment protocol based mutation. In fact, you can have both omicron and delta at the same time.

If you die due to Covid, your death certificate will say Covid-19, not the mutation because the hospital generally does not have that information simple because they don't need it for treatment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back