One Democrat 'Stands Alone': "I Hate It When People Say Trump Supporters Are Racist"

I get furious when people say all Trump voters are racist, they’re not,” she said. They’re worried about jobs and the economy, which totally went over the heads of Democrats last year.

“People haven’t forgotten that economic fear in their hearts and souls a decade later”

“Donald Trump came into Michigan and went into other states … and showed an empathy that we’d better learn how to show again.”

“[Trump] showed that he got it, he understood, he’s somebody that listens. That’s what Democrats have to do, learn how to show that empathy and understand how people are feeling.”

....said D-Rep (Mich) Debbie Dingell.

"Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) has said she feels like she’s an outsider in her own party due to her aversion to play into identity politics, while also noting the underreported empathy problem Democrats are facing. They don’t care about the working class. They haven’t for a long time—and it was simply because, in her opinion, Democrats stopped talking to them. Over time, the insufferable legions of the professional left, urban-based, overly educated, and condescending as hell, took over the party. They don’t care about the economic hardship in rural America. To them, these people are leeches, vestiges of the old world, and a bunch of racists."

Democrats have proven they don't listen to the American people, but you would think they would listen to their own politicians. Dingell was the female Democrat who when asked could not name 1 Hillary accomplishment. She also warned the party that she thought Michigan was actually in play during the election:

"Dingell also recalled how people thought she was nuts when he said how Michigan was in play. Hillary never really ventured into the Rust Belt, which proved fatal."

Democratic Rep: I Hate It When People Say Trump Supporters Are Racist

She's right; it's a blanket generalization fallacy. I call that out on this board literally every day -- it's rampant.
Security Blanket

Maybe a word change will make you stop feeling disgusted ever time you hear our National Anthem:

O'er the RAMPANTS we watched, were so gallantly streaming

That doesn't make a lick of sense.
I made no reference to a national anthem there -- the post is about the logical fallacy of blanket generalization.

Finally a Democrat that gets it.
Trump wasn't a choice. He was a lack of options. Either way, I would have voted for the check out girl at Walmart before voting for Clinton. A hate-filled woman!

"Voting to block" is clearly a recipe for disaster. QED.

A big reason we need to ditch the WTA Electrical College.
You can eliminate winner-take-all and still have the EC's compensation to the less-populated states. Candidates who win 60% of a 10 EV state would get only 6 votes, but the state's voters-per-EV ratio would remain the same. The only reason you're confused on this obvious lack of connection between WTA and EV is that Americans are afraid of challenging the incompetent and anti-democratic COTUS. When they are independent enough to do that, they're still intimidated from thinking clearly.

I'm not in the least "confused". That's why I qualified "Electrical College" with the adjective "WTA".
It's the latter that creates no-win elections.

[
What exactly do "Liberals" have to do with the national anthem* protest?

Oh, you mean back when we wrote the Constitution and led it off with that pesky First Amendment guaranteeing the right of expression? Dayum us Liberals, we so subversive.
Conservatives did not start the disrespectful national anthem protest.

No one said the NFL players do not have the right to express themselves by disrespecting the national anthem by kneeling down during its playing. They can continue to do so all they want. No one is stopping them. At the same time, the American people have the same right to express themselves by continuing to boycott the NFL, burning their season tickets, burning their NFL memorabilia, refusing to purchase NFL products, influencing businesses to cut ties with them or face losing consumer support / money, etc... The 1st Amendment does not FORCE anyone to support anyone exercising their right of free speech.

America and the Constitution is pretty awesome that way.

The NFL / players - like liberals most times - just want to show their ass / do what they want and do not want the reactions / repercussions that result from those actions. America, and LIFE, doesn't work that way.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but I'm not sure if yours is the result of waste.
Ouch, damn - a personal insult in response to actual substantial discussion / debate. Good job, snowflake - great intellectual exchange again. :p

I spent 5 1/2 years over in Saudi Arabia, I think I have some experience on how Muslims think. While morons like you , probably haven't even left your little county so must believe what ever the lickspittle, liberal, lapdog, lamestream media tells you..
Yup, hates Muslims. Not leaving the county, btw, is more typical of the frightened Trump sheep that populate flyover country. I work with, and am neighbors with Muslims. I don't live in Bumfuck, Alabama, where people who have never met a Muslim and never will lose sleep at night over their fear of Muslims.

You spent 5 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia? Sounds like you didn't like it, which is odd considering they've written most of your conservative beliefs into law, as you want to do over here.
The one actually relevant thing about Trump and the NFL is it illustrates how he uses dog whistles to take some rational issue and twist it to inflame passions among his minority base.

Kapernick ties standing up to show respect to the flag with how blacks are unfairly treated in the criminal justice system (and maybe race in society as a whole, as Kaepernick is not really clear on what his thing is). A lot of people think it's bs, but more or less ignore it. Trump, facing defeats on heathcare and a base not happy with DACA, twists this into "disrespecting the flag." Kaepernick may be an idiot, but "disrecpecting the flag" was never on his agenda.

Trump operates similarly with muslim immigration. Muslims in the US are exponentially more likely to report any suspected terror activity than to have any hand in it. US muslims as a whole are possibly more law abiding that the "good people" at white supremeicist and KKK rallies. However, terrorists are using social media to radicalize people and we have no way to track it. Maybe we should reevaluate how we vet muslim immigrants, esp those from areas more likely to see terror support.

And from there we go to "we know how All muslims think."

And that is in fact Rump's approach to everything ---- create some kind of dichotomy conflict, some kind of "us vs. them" for every issue. Whether "them" is Muslims, Democrats, veterans, women, Mexicans, Indians, the Chinese, football players, rival primary candidates, reporters, the entire news media, the "political establishment", the "swamp", people with congenital disabilities, Rosie O'Donnell, anyone protesting anything (unless they're "fine people" of course), Arnold Schwarzenegger, immigrants, etc etc etc. He can't live without creating some kind of conflict. And if there's not enough left for the "us" part, he'll just inject himself.

What a great choice to head the country --- an orange klown who can't get along with anybody. Except "fine people" about which he "knows nothing".

But this is what he sells as a practiced professional con artist. He understands as well as the media does that controversy sells, and attention is and always has been his goal as an unprincipled pitchman -- Numero Uno. It's perfectly articulated in that infamous line from his Fraud University playbook --- "you don't sell products, benefits or solutions.... you sell feelings". Nothing Rump ever said or wrote was ever more candid than that..

None of that is really hard to see. What is hard to see is why anybody would line up and open wide for that sort of snake oil.
Because they want the snake oil. And with any con, there has to be a nugget of truth in the snake oil.

It's not pretty, and basically it's why Hillary called them "deporables," but being gullible and falling for lies about our basest fears is not really deplorable. Trump is deplorable, but most Americans see that clearly.
Why did you vote for Trump in the primaries?
Oh back then he was saying he'd put both parties in a room to hammer out something on .. whatever issue. It's not rocket science. The party that wins gets 60% and if win by a lot they get a bit more.

What may have helped screw traditional government in the US that depends on compromise between parties was the size of Obama's mandate. It was only the second time in my lifetime that one party had 60 seats in the Senate. But Mitch McConnell acts like Obama nutted him and raped his wife. Of course, Mitch was tasked with repealing Obamacare, and he just doesn't have close to those 60 votes.

But Mitch McConnell acts like Obama nutted him and raped his wife. Of course, Mitch was tasked with repealing Obamacare, and he just doesn't have close to those 60 votes.
McConnell never has liked or supported Trump. Not just Trump but all 'non-career, non-Washington Insider' candidates / politicians who actually listen to and try to do what the people want is a complete threat to career Washington Insider politicians like himself who are interested in maintaining the status quo, their power, and their money.

Hell, McConnell wants to destroy politicians chosen by the people instead of those the GOP forces upon the people (which is what the DNC did with Hillary). You can't let people start thinking THEY can pick their own Representatives and think career politicians are no longer needed. :p

Bottom line, IMO, is that McConnell is not only a complete failure as a leader, he and Ryan (and others) are deliberately undermining Trump's agenda....again, IMO.

[
What exactly do "Liberals" have to do with the national anthem* protest?

Oh, you mean back when we wrote the Constitution and led it off with that pesky First Amendment guaranteeing the right of expression? Dayum us Liberals, we so subversive.
Conservatives did not start the disrespectful national anthem protest.

I don't know the political makeup of two hundred-plus football players is, those that have any, and neither do you. This past week is just a simple, respectful and patriotic gesture of defiance against a Divider in Chief:

>> “Trump can’t divide this. I think sports show the perfect example of unity. It’s not just black NFL players, it’s different races. I feel like that was a clear shot at Trump, sitting on that knee like that because you just can’t do that. [What Trump said was] super disrespectful. We showed great unity tonight. That’s what that was for. I feel like that was needed. … We’re not going to let a guy like that tear us apart. Not just us but this whole entire league. We’re a prime example of positive people. … He should have never said that. It was a clear punch in the face. I feel like we made up for that.” << -- Dez Bryant, wide receiver whose politics are an unknown

This has zero to do with "Liberal" or "Conservative" or "right" or "left". It's simple personal attack and the consequences thereof. You don't like the consequences? Then don't launch the personal attack in the first place, and we might add, DUH.

We do know some of the team owners who stood out with their players and/or blasted Rump for those personal attacks were Rump supporters or voters, but that still tells us nothing, unless you're about to make the case that Rump is some kind of "conservative" :lol: --- as if he has any principles at all.

As for characterizing the mass reaction as "disrespectful" I heard that all day yesterday and all day I challenged anyone and everyone to back it up. I have yet to get answer number one. So piss off with this appeal to emotion bullshit that has nothing whatsoever behind it.

No one said the NFL players do not have the right to express themselves by disrespecting the national anthem by kneeling down during its playing.

I believe Rump did that. And I believe you're about to demonstrate how that right is squelched. Aaaaand GO.

At the same time, the American people have the same right to express themselves by continuing to boycott the NFL, burning their season tickets, burning their NFL memorabilia, refusing to purchase NFL products, influencing businesses to cut ties with them or face losing consumer support / money, etc...

There is no "boycott" of the NFL, Klown. :lol:

The 1st Amendment does not FORCE anyone to support anyone exercising their right of free speech.

America and the Constitution is pretty awesome that way.

You purporting to even know how to spell Constitution after the rant above is like Michael Moore giving dietary advice. I'm good, thanks. :eusa_hand:

Yeah, good for her. There are other liberals who get it, but they remain few and far between.
well if they get it, they should begin voting for the bills that trump ran on. don't you think?
No, it just means that many liberals realize that the bullshit the Regressives are pushing is not liberal.

If only these "Regressives" existed anywhere outside your own head. Then you'd have your own blanket generalization pet.

The 21st century emanation of the Blanket Generalization fallacy seems to be generalizing about a collective that exists only in fantasy and has no definition. Like the recycled "Progressive". I'm guessing what you're playing here is a mock-up of that, amirite? A fantasy collective as the opposite of another fantasy collective?

I dunno summa y'all seem to be writing your own comic books in this desperate attempt to put people in boxes so that real individuals need not be dealt with. It's bizarre. :dunno:
Denial is powerful in ideologues.

Here are some honest liberals to explain the term to you. You're welcome.

2_zpsrcdlll8a.gif~original

See what I mean? I just pointed out your fixation with putting people in boxes, and you post a stream of videos of putting people in boxes. Instructional videos on how to make the box and how to get them in there.

Which is exactly what I just pointed out.

The question remains, why are you so fixated with putting people in boxes in the first place?

It's a general question; you're certainly not the only one with this disease. But maybe you can explain it.

Why do you robotic cultists put yourselves in boxes?

well if they get it, they should begin voting for the bills that trump ran on. don't you think?
No, it just means that many liberals realize that the bullshit the Regressives are pushing is not liberal.

If only these "Regressives" existed anywhere outside your own head. Then you'd have your own blanket generalization pet.

The 21st century emanation of the Blanket Generalization fallacy seems to be generalizing about a collective that exists only in fantasy and has no definition. Like the recycled "Progressive". I'm guessing what you're playing here is a mock-up of that, amirite? A fantasy collective as the opposite of another fantasy collective?

I dunno summa y'all seem to be writing your own comic books in this desperate attempt to put people in boxes so that real individuals need not be dealt with. It's bizarre. :dunno:

See what I mean? I just pointed out your fixation with putting people in boxes, and you post a stream of videos of putting people in boxes. Instructional videos on how to make the box and how to get them in there.

The question remains, why are you so fixated with putting people in boxes in the first place?

It's a general question; you're certainly not the only one with this disease. But maybe you can explain it.

Ah yes back to the actual topic of blanket generalization.

I never did get an answer from Mac on that but my theory (which is mine, which belongs to me, which I possess the ownership of) is that the Blanket Generalizers (BGs) figure that, since they themselves live their lives as robots who act as some kind of lockstepped Borg entity, then everybody else must approach life that way too, and out come the boxes.

Problem is, many of us don't think like that at all. We take each issue and each individual on its/their own merits and don't have this weird obsession with "labeling" everything. Labels limit. It's a tool for the narrowminded.

As already noted, irony of ironies , the OP commits the same fallacy in his title that he supposedly denounces in his OP, lumping a logical fallacy into a political party. And he tried to lay the same trip on me yesterday.

Then there's Mac, who prances around here trying to pose as some kind of anti-boxer while carrying an armload of boxes including his/'her personal favorite that not only is a box but has his/her own brand name on it. :lol: None so blind.

Finally, not to neglect the wording above, the disingenuous "why do y'all put yourselves in boxes" is like the übercop asking the 'suspect' "why did you keep hitting my fist with your face?" :lol:

Nothing like avoidance of personal responsibility. Or so I hear.

Mole From Motown
It could be short for Dingellevsky, you never know. She married a guy 28 years her senior; Russian female spies are assigned to do things like that.

Of course, any Democrats who would openly criticize or disagree with the 'mother-ship' HAVE to be Russian / Russian spies / agents. :p

upload_2017-9-28_13-29-43.jpeg

:rock:

Ah yes back to the actual topic of blanket generalization.

I never did get an answer from Mac on that but my theory (which is mine, which belongs to me, which I possess the ownership of) is that the Blanket Generalizers (BGs) figure that, since they themselves live their lives as robots who act as some kind of lockstepped Borg entity, then everybody else must approach life that way too, and out come the boxes.

Problem is, many of us don't think like that at all. We take each issue and each individual on its/their own merits and don't have this weird obsession with "labeling" everything. Labels limit. It's a tool for the narrowminded.

As already noted, irony of ironies , the OP commits the same fallacy in his title that he supposedly denounces in his OP, lumping a logical fallacy into a political party. And he tried to lay the same trip on me yesterday.

Then there's Mac, who prances around here trying to pose as some kind of anti-boxer while carrying an armload of boxes including his/'her personal favorite that not only is a box but has his/her own brand name on it. :lol: None so blind.

Finally, not to neglect the wording above, the disingenuous "why do y'all put yourselves in boxes" is like the übercop asking the 'suspect' "why did you keep hitting my fist with your face?" :lol:

Nothing like avoidance of personal responsibility. Or so I hear.

according to obummer you own fking nothing.

I voted for Trump in my state primary. I didn't vote for him in the general, and find him an embarrassment to the nation and a racist.

Funny how no one considered him a racist until he declared his POTUS candidacy.

Is there any Republican who has ever run for public office who is not racist?
The left has so diluted the term Racist, that if there ever was a REAL racist action, the Democrats would call that person a racist and no one would believe them. You know the "Pajama Boy" who cried wolf..

I get furious when people say all Trump voters are racist, they’re not,” she said. They’re worried about jobs and the economy, which totally went over the heads of Democrats last year.

“People haven’t forgotten that economic fear in their hearts and souls a decade later”

“Donald Trump came into Michigan and went into other states … and showed an empathy that we’d better learn how to show again.”

“[Trump] showed that he got it, he understood, he’s somebody that listens. That’s what Democrats have to do, learn how to show that empathy and understand how people are feeling.”

"Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) has said she feels like she’s an outsider in her own party due to her aversion to play into identity politics, while also noting the underreported empathy problem Democrats are facing. They don’t care about the working class. They haven’t for a long time—and it was simply because, in her opinion, Democrats stopped talking to them. Over time, the insufferable legions of the professional left, urban-based, overly educated, and condescending as hell, took over the party. They don’t care about the economic hardship in rural America. To them, these people are leeches, vestiges of the old world, and a bunch of racists."

Democrats have proven they don't listen to the American people, but you would think they would listen to their own politicians. Dingell was the female Democrat who when asked could not name 1 Hillary accomplishment. She also warned the party that she thought Michigan was actually in play during the election:

"Dingell also recalled how people thought she was nuts when he said how Michigan was in play. Hillary never really ventured into the Rust Belt, which proved fatal."

Not ALL Republicans are racist BUT all racists are republicans

Hold a a damn minute there sport. The GOP establishment proved they don't listen to their base either. Have you forgotten how Trump got elected?
I didn't say the GOP didn't ignore their base, sport, but that has nothing to do with Dingell throwing snowflakes under the bus about how they are intellectually dishonest for calling anyone who voted for Trump a 'racist'. It also doesn't have anything to do with how Hillary ran the worst campaign ever, failing to campaign in the rust belt because she arrogantly ignored warnings that she needed to.

You implied that it was only the democrats who don't listen when you said "Democrats have proven they don't listen to their base...." . I'm simply pointing out that both parties are equally guilty in that respect.

Hold a a damn minute there sport. The GOP establishment proved they don't listen to their base either. Have you forgotten how Trump got elected?

David Duke sure didn't.

One of the funniest moments of that whole campaign was that while Duke was running for Senate at the same time he was getting more black support than Rump was :laugh2:

Pretty inconsequential considering Duke is not in the senate, yet Trump is in the White House.

Forum List

Back