Parallels of another era

33607975_10155504054258372_5951316756483014656_n.jpg

Donald Trump Suggests Deporting Kneeling NFL Players After New Policy Revealed

"“You have to stand proudly for national anthem, or shouldn’t be playing, you shouldn’t be there,” Trump added. “Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country. You have to stand proudly for the national anthem. And the NFL owners did the right thing.”"

I don't really care what the players do or don't do.

However I find your posted article from Deadline.com rather interesting. The headline says Trump suggests deporting kneeling players...what? He did not suggest deporting them. This is why much of the news media can't be trusted. They lie and distort.
True, he did not SAY the word DEPORTED....

He implied SELF deportation, I suppose? :rolleyes:

He implied that they were NOT Americans if they could not stand.

He implied they should just get out of this country if they did not take his own position and stand....and stand proudly, during the anthem.

please stop making excuses for the Don....
No excuses, just the truth. Accept it...or don't.

"“You have to stand proudly for national anthem, or shouldn’t be playing, you shouldn’t be there,” Trump added. “Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country. You have to stand proudly for the national anthem. And the NFL owners did the right thing.”"

The players insulted the fans. The League supported insulting the fans.

The fans were insulted and less supportive.

This cost the League money and they realized that insulting their customers was a bad idea.

And now they want to put this behind them.

ANd to you, this is Nazi Germany.

You are a freaking crazy person.

The players didn’t insult the fans.

What you fail to realize is that a very large percentage of football fans are black and they have issues with over policing and police brutality.

Trump has tried to make this about players disrespecting the military and that’s a lie. Not only is it a lie, service men and women say that freedom of speech is what they’re fighting for.

And yes, it harkens back to Naziism. Trump is an authoritarian president, so it’s hardly surprising. Nationalism, particularly white nationalism, is at the heart of Naziism and Trump is a racist, white supremacist.

They Sent a Message by Kneeling...............................

We Sent a Message Back to them................................

A message was sent to the NFL.................stop this crap or lose money...........lose ratings.............

And now ......................after feeling some pain...............they are doing something about it..............We'll see if the players want to continue the BS..................If they do the boycott will continue............the NFL will lose money and those kneeling will be looking for new jobs.

If you want to protest the issue...........Do it on your time.............Not company time............

The NFL is a job........whether you like it or not...........and most Americans would be fired on ANY JOB if they pushed politics at the Work Place.............Who the hell gave the NFL players a pass on what the rest of the country has to do............

And so the crazy ass BS will continue..........and until it ends I will continue to not watch any Pro Football.

A message has been said that partisan politics is seeping into all areas of US society. No company is safe, no company is allowed to have an opinion, is allowed to be anything other than "the customer is always right".

It's pretty sad. The same people who hark that being PC is nonsense, DEMAND others are so PC it's ridiculous.
They voice their views.............we voice ours..........Their opinions do not outweigh ours.............

If they choose to disrespect our Flag and our Anthem we are under no obligation to watch these teams anymore..........If the Owners of the team want to back them.............Then suffer the consequences of Americans who will not put up with that BS......................

Again.........disrespect the Flag and our Anthem..........and watch your RATINGS DIE................that's the deal........and it is doing EXACTLY what it was meant to do............Sting them in the pocket book.

Same as Starbuck's stupidity.............it will cost them money........Their stupidity of playing politics instead of just serving coffee will cost them money. Are they so stupid that they don't realize that other places make Good coffee.........REAP WHAT YOU SEW.

No, I agree that people can voice their views as much as anyone else.

That's not the point here. The point is that people are so political and so partisan, that they've been driven to be so vocal about things that they can't even accept other people's views.

Players kneeling for the anthem doesn't do anything to you. It doesn't change football, it doesn't impact your life. Yes you can choose to stop watching a rubbish sport. Whatever. But why would you? Why would you stop watching football because of someone kneeling at the beginning?

That makes no sense to me.

The only reason I can think of is that you're so partisan that you can't think normally.
/——/ Using Ancestry.com I recently learned I have ancestors who came to America as early as 1726. Several fought in the Revolution, others fought in the Civil War on both sides, WWI and WWII. I see the kneeling as spitting in the face of those who sacrificed to make our country free. A bunch of pampered, over paid athletes who can do maybe one or two things in a sport better than anyone else are trying to make themselves relevant. Disgusting.

This cost the League money and they realized that insulting their customers was a bad idea.

THe flag is a symbol of the nation as a whole. When the players disrespected the symbol of the nation as a whole, they insulted every single American.

That is part of the definition of a symbol. It is utterly absurd for you to pretend to not get this.

They have not made such a big deal about this, because of a simple piece of cloth. It is about what the Flag represents.

Either this is about the Nation as a whole, or it is about nothing. And it is certainly not about nothing.

What you fail to realize is that a very large percentage of football fans are black and they have issues with over policing and police brutality.

I am well aware of the motive the players have for insulting the nation as a whole.

But I don't like the way you ignore the white players nor the white owners or League officials. They all are part of this anti-American movement, and all deserve to be treated accordingly.

Trump has tried to make this about players disrespecting the military and that’s a lie. Not only is it a lie, service men and women say that freedom of speech is what they’re fighting for.

Trump was wrong to make it about the military. It is about America as a whole.

Disrespecting the symbol of the nation, is disrespecting the nation as a whole. Finding and quoting some service members dumb enough to not know that, or dishonest enough to lie,

does not change that in the least.

And yes, it harkens back to Naziism. Trump is an authoritarian president, so it’s hardly surprising. Nationalism, particularly white nationalism, is at the heart of Naziism and Trump is a racist, white supremacist.

All of that is fucking bullshit. YOu are an asshole.

He did nothing of the kind

He engaged in peaceful protest. It is those who wish to deny him that right who insult the flag

No one is saying he does not have the right to protest.

He does not have the right to actively disrespect the nation and it's citizens, and still expect to be supported, and celebrated by those he has insulted.

That you are still beating that dead horse, ie pretending that someone wants to take away his right to say his stupid shit,

shows that you know that there is no defense of his actions.

They are not doing it to disrespect the nation
They do it to point out a specific problem our nation is having

When you actively show disrespect to a symbol of the nation as a whole, you are disrespecting the whole nation.

If there was any doubt to that, Keapernick verbally clarified it, that is was about NOT showing respect to the nation as a whole.

Your position is nothing more than a denial of reality. A delusional denial of painfully obvious reality.

WHY is it so important for you to protect Anti-American assholes?

Ask yourself that.
It comes down to intent

They are kneeling for a specific reason. They are not kneeling in a gesture of “I hate America”
They are kneeling in silent protest of unarmed blacks being killed by police

Now, if you are in favor of police shooting unarmed blacks, you have a reason to be offended

The National Anthem is a ritual to show loyalty and respect to the Nation as a whole, and to your fellow Americans.

Kneeling during that, is thus a statement AGAINST you nation as a whole.

Keapernick verbally stated that for anyone that managed to delude themselves otherwise.
This Great Nation was built on protest

A message was sent to the NFL.................stop this crap or lose money...........lose ratings.............

And now ......................after feeling some pain...............they are doing something about it..............We'll see if the players want to continue the BS..................If they do the boycott will continue............the NFL will lose money and those kneeling will be looking for new jobs.

If you want to protest the issue...........Do it on your time.............Not company time............

The NFL is a job........whether you like it or not...........and most Americans would be fired on ANY JOB if they pushed politics at the Work Place.............Who the hell gave the NFL players a pass on what the rest of the country has to do............

And so the crazy ass BS will continue..........and until it ends I will continue to not watch any Pro Football.

A message has been said that partisan politics is seeping into all areas of US society. No company is safe, no company is allowed to have an opinion, is allowed to be anything other than "the customer is always right".

It's pretty sad. The same people who hark that being PC is nonsense, DEMAND others are so PC it's ridiculous.
They voice their views.............we voice ours..........Their opinions do not outweigh ours.............

If they choose to disrespect our Flag and our Anthem we are under no obligation to watch these teams anymore..........If the Owners of the team want to back them.............Then suffer the consequences of Americans who will not put up with that BS......................

Again.........disrespect the Flag and our Anthem..........and watch your RATINGS DIE................that's the deal........and it is doing EXACTLY what it was meant to do............Sting them in the pocket book.

Same as Starbuck's stupidity.............it will cost them money........Their stupidity of playing politics instead of just serving coffee will cost them money. Are they so stupid that they don't realize that other places make Good coffee.........REAP WHAT YOU SEW.

That's not the point here. The point is that people are so political and so partisan, that they've been driven to be so vocal about things that they can't even accept other people's views.

Players kneeling for the anthem doesn't do anything to you. It doesn't change football, it doesn't impact your life. Yes you can choose to stop watching a rubbish sport. Whatever. But why would you? Why would you stop watching football because of someone kneeling at the beginning?

The only reason I can think of is that you're so partisan that you can't think normally.
/——/ Using Ancestry.com I recently learned I have ancestors who came to America as early as 1726. Several fought in the Revolution, others fought in the Civil War on both sides, WWI and WWII. I see the kneeling as spitting in the face of those who sacrificed to make our country free. A bunch of pampered, over paid athletes who can do maybe one or two things in a sport better than anyone else are trying to make themselves relevant. Disgusting.
Those who fought in the Revolution fought in protest
They protested the way they were being treated by the government.

Atheletes are rich and pampered. They shouldn’t be risking careers to protest the treatment of blacks......but they are

No one is saying he does not have the right to protest.

He does not have the right to actively disrespect the nation and it's citizens, and still expect to be supported, and celebrated by those he has insulted.

That you are still beating that dead horse, ie pretending that someone wants to take away his right to say his stupid shit,

shows that you know that there is no defense of his actions.

When you actively show disrespect to a symbol of the nation as a whole, you are disrespecting the whole nation.

If there was any doubt to that, Keapernick verbally clarified it, that is was about NOT showing respect to the nation as a whole.

Your position is nothing more than a denial of reality. A delusional denial of painfully obvious reality.

Ask yourself that.
It comes down to intent

They are kneeling for a specific reason. They are not kneeling in a gesture of “I hate America”

Now, if you are in favor of police shooting unarmed blacks, you have a reason to be offended

The National Anthem is a ritual to show loyalty and respect to the Nation as a whole, and to your fellow Americans.

Keapernick verbally stated that for anyone that managed to delude themselves otherwise.

That would be an excellent bumper sticker.

My point stands. Address it if you dare.

Atheletes are rich and pampered. They shouldn’t be risking careers to protest the treatment of blacks......but they are

"Protest" is a very broad term.

Slapping it on both the Kneelers and the Founding Fathers does not justify the KNeelers actions, nor

change the fact that they insulted the nation as a whole.

Ask yourself that.
It comes down to intent

That would be an excellent bumper sticker.

My point stands. Address it if you dare.

Our constitutional right to protest is more important than the purity of our cerimonies

Despotic powers arrest for insulting the flag, national anthem or leaders

Our nation has thrived on it

THe flag is a symbol of the nation as a whole. When the players disrespected the symbol of the nation as a whole, they insulted every single American.

That is part of the definition of a symbol. It is utterly absurd for you to pretend to not get this.

They have not made such a big deal about this, because of a simple piece of cloth. It is about what the Flag represents.

Either this is about the Nation as a whole, or it is about nothing. And it is certainly not about nothing.

I am well aware of the motive the players have for insulting the nation as a whole.

But I don't like the way you ignore the white players nor the white owners or League officials. They all are part of this anti-American movement, and all deserve to be treated accordingly.

Trump was wrong to make it about the military. It is about America as a whole.

Disrespecting the symbol of the nation, is disrespecting the nation as a whole. Finding and quoting some service members dumb enough to not know that, or dishonest enough to lie,

does not change that in the least.

All of that is fucking bullshit. YOu are an asshole.

All of Trump’s rhetoric is fucking bullshit. This whole notion that the people MUST respect Trump and his authority is bullshit. Respect is earned and with his lying, his greed and his misogyny, Trump has earned disdain not trust.

Taking a knee is not showing disrespect for your country or your flag. That YOU see it as wrong shows that you respect things more than people.

A flag is a piece of cloth but your people are your nation. A significant number of your people feel disrespected. They feel that their concerns, their very lives are being disrespected. They’re trying to tell you that.

You’re not listening. You’re proclaiming them to be wrong and you’re refusing to listen. It is YOU who should be censured for not standing up for their RIGHT to protest.

You complain all the time about your Second Amendment rights and yet you are attacking these players for using their First Amendment rights.

Even worse, you support a President who attacks those who are expressing their First Amendment rights. You support a President who lies and denigrates the press for DOING THEIR JOBS as stated in the Constitution.

You are seeking to destroy the Constitution of the United States and you’ve elected a man who is in violation of his oath to uphold and protect the Constitution.

No right in any Democracy is more important than the right to criticize your government. Without it, you’re Putin's Russia. Xi’s China, or Erdogan’s Turkey.

Go back to Russia, asshole. We’re not buying your bullshit.

Slapping it on both the Kneelers and the Founding Fathers does not justify the KNeelers actions, nor

For some reason, conservatives use that as a justification to condemn all protest.
They pulled it out in Vietnam,Civil Rights, worker rights

We are a great country......how DARE you protest

I served.......My family has served.............my parents and their parents have served............

And I consider it spitting on those who served........disrespecting the flag that so many have died for.......

I will not ACCEPT IT..................EVER...............If the NFL continues to do it then they can get Fucked.....Clear it up for you.

No, it doesn't really clear it up for me.

What is the flag? What does it represent?

You've been in the military, you've been TOLD what to think about the flag. They do that to people like you, they want you to be unthinking grunts who do what they're told. I get it.

But you're still thinking this way. You're accepting the flag as something holy.

Fuck that shit.

The flag has the 50 stars of the 50 states on it. Meaning what? Politics. It's a political flag. Part of the politics you're standing up for is the US Constitution.

The First Amendment is a part of this. Part of what the flag means is the right to free speech. The right to tell the govt they're wrong. It was all set up like that.

So for you to come here and then say "fuck that shit, I don't want people telling the govt what they think" is to GO AGAINST THE FLAG.

So, really, I don't get why you'd go against what the flag stands for, no.

However I find your posted article from Deadline.com rather interesting. The headline says Trump suggests deporting kneeling players...what? He did not suggest deporting them. This is why much of the news media can't be trusted. They lie and distort.

That's all very nice. I found the first article I could with the quote in it.

I posted the parts of the article that showed what Trump wanted to say. I didn't post the other parts because they have nothing to do with what I wanted to say.

The fans WANTED to be insulted.

The fans who were insulted, insult the players all the time.

The fans did not want to be insulted. That is an absurd claim to make.

ALL the American fans were insulted. It is absurd to claim they insult the players all the time.
ALL the American fans were NOT insulted.....
But enough were to hurt the NFL in the pocket book. LOL

Too bad.

So, you're angry that the NFL wasn't PC enough?

For some reason, conservatives use that as a justification to condemn all protest.
They pulled it out in Vietnam,Civil Rights, worker rights

We are a great country......how DARE you protest

It's all about tactics.

"This is what I want, and I'll say fucking anything to get it."

The Brexit case is a clear one.

"We need democracy." they said.

Then when people say "okay, a second vote" they'll come back with "no, we can't have another vote" because they don't want democracy, they want what the hell they want.

Same with Venezuela and the sanctions. The US goes "democracy, you must have democracy" as if the US has fucking democracy.

That's all very nice. I found the first article I could with the quote in it.

I posted the parts of the article that showed what Trump wanted to say. I didn't post the other parts because they have nothing to do with what I wanted to say.
I am not sure what your point is, but clearly Trump did not say to deport the players. This is my only point. This is a perfect example of the media distorting his words and purposefully inflaming Americans.

I served.......My family has served.............my parents and their parents have served............

And I consider it spitting on those who served........disrespecting the flag that so many have died for.......

I will not ACCEPT IT..................EVER...............If the NFL continues to do it then they can get Fucked.....Clear it up for you.

No, it doesn't really clear it up for me.

What is the flag? What does it represent?

You've been in the military, you've been TOLD what to think about the flag. They do that to people like you, they want you to be unthinking grunts who do what they're told. I get it.

But you're still thinking this way. You're accepting the flag as something holy.

Fuck that shit.

The flag has the 50 stars of the 50 states on it. Meaning what? Politics. It's a political flag. Part of the politics you're standing up for is the US Constitution.

The First Amendment is a part of this. Part of what the flag means is the right to free speech. The right to tell the govt they're wrong. It was all set up like that.

So for you to come here and then say "fuck that shit, I don't want people telling the govt what they think" is to GO AGAINST THE FLAG.

So, really, I don't get why you'd go against what the flag stands for, no.

Given what party you belong to I understand why you don't get it.

Your side complains that we protested the protesters..............then you claim we denied them the right to protest.......No we didn't..........they can protest again and cost the NFL money...........our protest..............the NFL is a business.......they have rules to work there................and can take actions to employees that don't follow the rules.........such as firing......such as penalties...........

So they can protest at work and lose their jobs.........it is their right to do so...........

Bottom line.............our protest hit the pocket books............and our protest is winning.

Forum List

Back