PBS Gets Citizen Question Wrong

The things you listed are SAME dummy.

CONSTITUTIONAL, REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY is a form of REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY, is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, is a form of REPUBLIC.
a constitutional republic is a republic,,

how can it be a form of something while at the same time be that thing??

Take a Citizenship Quiz | CONSTITUTION USA with Peter Sagal | PBS

One of the questions was: What type of government is America (something like that) and the 4 possible answers were:
  1. Monarchy
  2. Progressive Fascism
  3. Democracy, or
  4. Republican
The correct answer is that we are a Republican form of government, but the Progressive Fascists at PBS say that we are a "democracy"

I don't know. I think you are stretching it a little. Out of those choices I would say democracy was the right answer or "none of the above" if that had been an option. As far as I know there is a difference between Republic and Republican.

I don't know. I think you are stretching it a little. Out of those choices I would say democracy was the right answer or "none of the above" if that had been an option. As far as I know there is a difference between Republic and Republican.
Is asked about the form of government.

We are Republican form of government

I'm curious what everyone thinks is at stake here.

Republicans: What do we lose if we call our government a democracy?
Democrats: What do we lose if we call our government a republic?

In other words, why is it so important to argue about?

Come on you don't always have to be right.... we were founded as a representative republic form of government and ten years later the constitution was written... that's the facts...
youre repeating yourself again,,
and not providing proof of what form we had before the constitution was written

Forum List

Back