People who believe in "white privilege" are more racist than people who don't

I don't understand why somebody is a racists for their belief of statistics that show in our judicial system whites receive more favorable terms in regard to punishment than African-Americans even if their criminal past are similar.

The belief alone might not be racist, just mistaken.

To use a catch all phrase to describe great swaths of the world's population from extraordinarily different ethnic backgrounds to explain their success on this planet is racist.

Completely and utterly racist.

Nobody said that anything explains success.

I'm white. I'm not a racist and I've never been labeled a racist. Your OP fails the test.
If Carson win the republican nominee to be president, you will show us how racist you are.

How is that? Explain.
Liberal rule, if you disagree with a black president. You are a racist, remember?

That seems a bit childish. Don't you think?
Lol, it's been going on six years now. Disagree with Obama and all I hear is its because a black guy is in the Whitehouse. Or you are a racist. I will make a prediction, if Hillary gets the nomination, over night republicans will be known as women haters if they disagree with her.

I'm white. I'm not a racist and I've never been labeled a racist. Your OP fails the test.
If Carson win the republican nominee to be president, you will show us how racist you are.

How is that? Explain.
Liberal rule, if you disagree with a black president. You are a racist, remember?

Lol, it's been going on six years now. Disagree with Obama and all I hear is its because a black guy is in the Whitehouse. Or you are a racist. I will make a prediction, if Hillary gets the nomination, over night republicans will be known as women haters if they disagree with her.

I'm going to try. Here goes.

What you have just written is the kind of thing that a person of low intelligence would write or appreciate. Aside from the obvious fact that it isn't true and cannot be substantiated.....it is soooooooo boring because it has been posted here hundreds....if not thousands of times since 2008.

I suspect that you.....yourself.....have written the same thing or something very similar here on many occasions.

You've announced to everyone here.....even the people who may give your stupidity a "thanks".......that you are a barely functioning adult who hasn't an ounce of creativity nor original thought.

Please...accept this constructive criticism in the spirit with which it is offered.

I am fairly successful. I've made a good living and I have had a peaceful, pleasant life thus far. I work hard and I have made some good choices.

However.....I know that I was born with and raised with an advantage over minority Americans. Even those who are much smarter than me. They have had to work harder....they have had barriers that I didn't have.

This doesn't make me feel inferior. It doesn't diminish the hard work I've done. It simply recognizes that others have had to work harder. I'm not sure why that upsets so many of you folks.
Fair enough...and I don't understand why white folks should not continue to take advantage of a situation created by the hard work of their ancestors and I encourage other people to do the same. Everyone strive and forget the guilt.

We all know it's racist African American Democrats and dumb White Communists/Progressives who beat that dead horse. They're predictable hateful assholes. Fluck em.

Im one of the last ones here to defend any of this type of crap, but here is my take on the only reason that white privilege exists, or should even be considered still today.
First you have to understand that before 1964, a black man did not have a college education, He was also not protected by any anti discrimination laws, this left a basically uneducated worker in a minimum wage job.
Along comes the equal rights act of 1964 and suddenly all of this changes right? wrong. That uneducated worker in the minimum wage job is still the same, he didn't go out and get a job at NASA designing the next rocket that would carry man to the moon, and he certainly was not able to afford to put his children through college.
Consider this and you now understand that even though the laws say the black can go to that same college, the family did not have the money to send him. So we end up with another generation through the 70s that were kept out of college due to the costs involved.
In the mid to late 70s the equal rights laws were strengthened to address this issue to some extent, but the result was that we now had a new generation that was uneducated and under employed that still could not afford to send the children through college, Yes, more were getting in, but still not in the same racial percentages as the whites.
Today however, with more black families having better paying jobs, more blacks going to college, that white privilege is starting to even out.
There was certainly a privilege to being white in this country at one time, but it is no longer the case. The phrase remains, but the reason for it is almost gone.
Even with the shift in education being available today, you still have us dinosaurs that have come up through our lives seeing blacks as less educated and in the lower paying positions, conditioning for this many years is the reason that we see blacks as less qualified.
I would say that this next generation will see things in a much different light when they get to the working age.

other than that, the actual real privilege is in the hands of the minority, what they do with it is up to them.

Very well thought out point. Thank you. I don't think it's anyone's goal to villify white folks ( as demonstrated by the defensive position taken by some), but instead to get people to think more critically about why things are the way they are. I think you nailed it in that it's evening out but there are still huge problems especially with the criminal justice system and how they approach and deal with black folks. The future generation is definately going to be less separated and more open than ever before as tradional thinking about race falls away.

"People who believe in "white privilege" are more racist than people who don't"

Nonsense.

That whites enjoy an advantage with regard to hiring, advancement, and education is beyond dispute.

This advantage does not exist as a result of some government sanctioned law or policy, and it is not due to racism or discrimination on the part of most employers or business owners, nor is it a situation where whites are not deserving of the employment and advancement they might realize.

'White privilege,' therefore, is an accurate and appropriate term describing this advantage, a de facto privilege that manifests as a consequence of being white, not subject to the racism and discrimination that remains in society.

To acknowledge this fact, then, is not to be 'racist,' and those who refuse to acknowledge this fact merely exhibit their ignorance of the issue.

POC?

Person of Color.

I remember when that was standard use.

(are you old enough to vote?)

Here's a question that has always stumped rationality -

What is the difference between "people of color" and "colored people"?

Context

Ha! You'll have to explain that one.

It's simple really if you only bothered to think about how each have been used in the past and in what context.

Im one of the last ones here to defend any of this type of crap, but here is my take on the only reason that white privilege exists, or should even be considered still today.
First you have to understand that before 1964, a black man did not have a college education, He was also not protected by any anti discrimination laws, this left a basically uneducated worker in a minimum wage job.
Along comes the equal rights act of 1964 and suddenly all of this changes right? wrong. That uneducated worker in the minimum wage job is still the same, he didn't go out and get a job at NASA designing the next rocket that would carry man to the moon, and he certainly was not able to afford to put his children through college.
Consider this and you now understand that even though the laws say the black can go to that same college, the family did not have the money to send him. So we end up with another generation through the 70s that were kept out of college due to the costs involved.
In the mid to late 70s the equal rights laws were strengthened to address this issue to some extent, but the result was that we now had a new generation that was uneducated and under employed that still could not afford to send the children through college, Yes, more were getting in, but still not in the same racial percentages as the whites.
Today however, with more black families having better paying jobs, more blacks going to college, that white privilege is starting to even out.
There was certainly a privilege to being white in this country at one time, but it is no longer the case. The phrase remains, but the reason for it is almost gone.
Even with the shift in education being available today, you still have us dinosaurs that have come up through our lives seeing blacks as less educated and in the lower paying positions, conditioning for this many years is the reason that we see blacks as less qualified.
I would say that this next generation will see things in a much different light when they get to the working age.

other than that, the actual real privilege is in the hands of the minority, what they do with it is up to them.

Very well thought out point. Thank you. I don't think it's anyone's goal to villify white folks ( as demonstrated by the defensive position taken by some), but instead to get people to think more critically about why things are the way they are. I think you nailed it in that it's evening out but there are still huge problems especially with the criminal justice system and how they approach and deal with black folks. The future generation is definately going to be less separated and more open than ever before as tradional thinking about race falls away.
They already are. My daughters have close friends of all races.

White Privilege Explained in One Simple Comic Everyday Feminism

"White privilege" is the notion that white people live in a world that is better for them, then it is for "people of color"

As proof the author cites crime statistics, prison sentences, WITHOUT telling us how many crimes were committed by POCs.

Apparently we white people are all really racists, and we need to clean up our act.

But really it doesn't matter no matter how hard to not be a racist, we whites are racist no matter what we do.

So really, there's no real reason we should change our behavior, since we are condemned no matter what we do.

Its ok Whitey, everyone is racist sometimes.

Opps, did I just call you Whitey? That is actually racist on my part. my bad:booze:

Anyway the idea is to recognize white privilege. I guess that is the first step to solving a problem.

"White privilege" is a leftist construct devised to further divide Americans. The fact is the culture of the inner city does not fit well in civilized societies, anywhere.

Strange I always thought it was a by-product, or maybe an instituted plan, to create a white only society with many emphasis of restraining POC from enjoying the rights as listed in our Constitution.

By the way, how is recognizing a divisive problem "dividing Americans"?

How is arguing that some can not fit in our societies "uniting Americans"?
Wow, pretty simple actually.

Talk solutions, not division...

Not really that hard...

Here is an example...

Why are SOME whites successful while most blacks are not?

Because some whites teach their children from an early age that to get ahead in life, you should get an education, a job, and work to better yourself.....

Some blacks.....they say things like...."To be successful is to be like whitey...what about OUR culture?"

As if education and hard work was exclusively a white thing.

"White privilege" is the notion that white people live in a world that is better for them, then it is for "people of color"

As proof the author cites crime statistics, prison sentences, WITHOUT telling us how many crimes were committed by POCs.

Apparently we white people are all really racists, and we need to clean up our act.

But really it doesn't matter no matter how hard to not be a racist, we whites are racist no matter what we do.

So really, there's no real reason we should change our behavior, since we are condemned no matter what we do.

Opps, did I just call you Whitey? That is actually racist on my part. my bad:booze:

Anyway the idea is to recognize white privilege. I guess that is the first step to solving a problem.

"White privilege" is a leftist construct devised to further divide Americans. The fact is the culture of the inner city does not fit well in civilized societies, anywhere.

Strange I always thought it was a by-product, or maybe an instituted plan, to create a white only society with many emphasis of restraining POC from enjoying the rights as listed in our Constitution.

Not really that hard...

Here is an example...

Because some whites teach their children from an early age that to get ahead in life, you should get an education, a job, and work to better yourself.....

Some blacks.....they say things like...."To be successful is to be like whitey...what about OUR culture?"

Your post is so inaccurate that it defies logic.

Too many blacks are being born into broken homes, they are never taught how to get ahead in life. Born into poverty and government assistance and it becomes a way of life for them.

Not really that hard...

Here is an example...

Your post is so inaccurate that it defies logic.
I'll give that consideration when your opinion becomes relevant..

Being whitey in a majority whitey country has its advantages kiddos. Works like this, where whitey isn't welcome.
Nogjnwb.jpg

How is that? Explain.

The are already known as women-haters, if that woman isn't barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen cooking...

How do you know that you've never been labeled a racist ? Do you think that someone will just come up to you and say "hey your a racist" because you are white, and this would happen just so that you will know what they think about you ? They may look at you because you are white and just label you as racist right on the spot, but you won't know it because they might not feel the urge to say it to you, but thinking it is all they have to do and then your it. Live in your fantasy world if you want to, but the rest of us are living in reality these days, and we are living as based upon what we've all learned as of yesterday. The ball rolls both ways of course, so people have to just judge people based upon their investigative skills, the actions of others, and upon how we treat one another in life. It is all the human being is capable of doing, because last I checked no one can read minds can you ?

Forum List

Back