Police commish calls Obama the n-word. Refuses to apologize.

The chemical release cannot though. Is this sinking in yet?

The thought process cannot be controlled but your reaction can.

Thats correct but thats not what you said before. People shouldnt have to see a mental health expert to find out ways to cope because some random white boy wants to call them the n word.

Sure it is, it's what I've said from the start. You choose to be offended by a word and you react on that choice, I choose not to be offended.

You have major issues if you let the word ****** control you and I suggest you make an appointment with a mental health expert to help you with your problem.

The thought process cannot be controlled but your reaction can.

Thats correct but thats not what you said before. People shouldnt have to see a mental health expert to find out ways to cope because some random white boy wants to call them the n word.

Sure it is, it's what I've said from the start. You choose to be offended by a word and you react on that choice, I choose not to be offended.

You have major issues if you let the word ****** control you and I suggest you make an appointment with a mental health expert to help you with your problem.

Thats not what you said from the start. You claimed there should be no affect. Chemicals affect you. Saying they dont only proves you dont know what you are talking about.

Address the issue. Why do think it's ok for blacks to use this word but not whites? Doesn't that make you a racist?

No.

It's a rotten thing to say whoever you are. But there is a line of intellectual weakness that boarders on bigotry to be not black and choose that term to trash someone who is. It closes the door for rational discussion.

It's just a word that has no power unless you give it power.

As a white man terms like cracker, redneck, hillbilly, peckerwood, white trash etc....doesn't offend me.
and there was I thinking familiarity bred contempt......but hey which name do you like best?

You dont stupid unless you can control the release of chemicals in your brain. By your logic there would be no crazy people.

What?

So now you're trying to compare how rational people think and react to those that are mentally ill, challenged or deficient.

I am beginning to think you fall into the latter category.

No thats what you were doing when you claimed it could be controlled. Crazy people are crazy because of hyper or hypo presence of certain chemicals in the brain. If it was possible to control this then crazy people would not exist.

6 Steps to Controlling Your Emotions

How to Control Your Emotions

How to Gain Control of Your Emotions

Total Control vs. No Control Theory of Emotions: Can you control your emotions or not?

No.

It's a rotten thing to say whoever you are. But there is a line of intellectual weakness that boarders on bigotry to be not black and choose that term to trash someone who is. It closes the door for rational discussion.

It's just a word that has no power unless you give it power.

As a white man terms like cracker, redneck, hillbilly, peckerwood, white trash etc....doesn't offend me.
and there was I thinking familiarity bred contempt......but hey which name do you like best?

I don't have a preference. Your ignorant ass can call me whatever you wish.

What?

So now you're trying to compare how rational people think and react to those that are mentally ill, challenged or deficient.

I am beginning to think you fall into the latter category.

No thats what you were doing when you claimed it could be controlled. Crazy people are crazy because of hyper or hypo presence of certain chemicals in the brain. If it was possible to control this then crazy people would not exist.

Total Control vs. No Control Theory of Emotions: Can you control your emotions or not?

You've moved on to talking about controlling emotions. You said...

There is no automatic behavior associated with a word.

You are wrong. The freeze, flight, or fight response forces a lot of behaviors.

Thats not what you said from the start. You claimed there should be no affect. Chemicals affect you. Saying they dont only proves you dont know what you are talking about.

Words affect you because you choose to let them affect you. You are controlled by what people say, you are a classic sheep.

Words affect you because you choose to let them affect you. You are controlled by what people say, you are a classic sheep.

Words affect everyone retard. Pretending they dont is a sure sign low intellect.

There isn't an automatic behavior to words.

Flight or fright has nothing to do with words. That has to do with how the body reacts to threats.

What does "fight or flight" mean?

The term "fight or flight" describes a mechanism in the body that enables humans and animals to mobilize a lot of energy rapidly in order to cope with threats to survival.

Being insulted by a word is not a threat to survival.

Words affect everyone retard. Pretending they dont is a sure sign low intellect.

A black man calling me a cracker has no affect on me. So you are incorrect.

Flight or fright has nothing to do with words. That has to do with how the body reacts to threats.

The term "fight or flight" describes a mechanism in the body that enables humans and animals to mobilize a lot of energy rapidly in order to cope with threats to survival.

Again you show your lack of intellect and education. You simply dont know what you are talking about.

What Causes Adrenaline Rushes? | LIVESTRONG.COM

This leads to increased blood flow to the muscles and the brain, which helps the person eliminate the threat or escape from it. Some conditions resemble physical threats well enough to create a similar fight-or-flight response. These include extreme physical exercise and verbal threats and abuse.

A black man calling me a cracker has no affect on me. So you are incorrect.

Yeah it does. It releases a chemical in your brain cracka. You then have a reaction whether you want to admit it or not. You cant control it. Its how the brain works. How do you think interrogators can tell when you are stressed?

Last edited:
Words Have Power | Psychology Today

Words cannot change reality, but they can change how people perceive reality. Words create filters through which people view the world around them. A single word can make the difference between liking a person and disliking that person. If a friend describes the person you are about to meet for the first time as untrustworthy, you will be predisposed to view that person as untrustworthy, regardless of the person's actual level of trustworthiness. The single word "untrustworthy" creates a filter, or primacy effect, that predisposes you to view the person you are about to meet as untrustworthy. Thereafter, you will tend to view everything that person says or does as untrustworthy.

Again you show your lack of intellect and education. You simply dont know what you are talking about.

What Causes Adrenaline Rushes? | LIVESTRONG.COM

This leads to increased blood flow to the muscles and the brain, which helps the person eliminate the threat or escape from it. Some conditions resemble physical threats well enough to create a similar fight-or-flight response. These include extreme physical exercise and verbal threats and abuse.

Are you saying that being called a ****** is an extreme verbal threat and/or abuse?

At least you admit to being controlled by your emotions and have low self-esteem.

What other words trigger your fight or flight response?

Words Have Power | Psychology Today

Words cannot change reality, but they can change how people perceive reality. Words create filters through which people view the world around them. A single word can make the difference between liking a person and disliking that person. If a friend describes the person you are about to meet for the first time as untrustworthy, you will be predisposed to view that person as untrustworthy, regardless of the person's actual level of trustworthiness. The single word "untrustworthy" creates a filter, or primacy effect, that predisposes you to view the person you are about to meet as untrustworthy. Thereafter, you will tend to view everything that person says or does as untrustworthy.

It depends on how you perceive the word. A word in itself doesn't have much meaning without context or emotion attached to it.

Forum List

Back