Possibility of a 51st state??

North Colorado is sick of the whole state being controlled by bloated Denver. Northern California is fed up with supporting the welfare suckers of Los Angeles. East Washington state has had a gut full of Seattle too.

Splitting states is just a step toward division of the nation.

Upstate NY has been talking about this bs since before AZ was a state, dupes. Never going to happen, no matter what your charlatan pundits say...Try researching some facts and policy and stop wasting the country's time (at best)....

Upstate NY has been talking about this bs since before AZ was a state, dupes. Never going to happen, no matter what your charlatan pundits say...Try researching some facts and policy and stop wasting the country's time (at best)....

I know what you mean

I wish those dumb fucking liberals in AZ would quit wasting time and money on this.

But you know how liberals like to waste money.

isn't that right lib dupe hater pussy can't respond to the facts little faggot.

The Constitution provides a way to split Colorado in two, thus creating two states, Colorado and North Colorado. However, the Constitutional process makes such an effort impossible in today's political world. Here is what the Constitution says:

“New states may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor shall any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States without the Consent of the Legislature of the States concerned as well as of the Congress” (United States Constitution - Article IV, Section 3).

This means that those who want to form a 51st State of Northern Colorado within the present borders of Colorado must have the permission of the Colorado Legislature and the U.S. Congress. In my humble opinion, that is never going to happen.

Yeah, if enough of the county legislatures vote for secession and the State Legislature votes to ok it, we will have a new state.

Its a real long stretch though so I doubt it will happen. But its possible.

Yeah, if enough of the county legislatures vote for secession and the State Legislature votes to ok it, we will have a new state.

Its a real long stretch though so I doubt it will happen. But its possible.
You forgot a step.

The US Congress has to approve it as well.

And no.. not talking PR...

Northern Colorado wants to secede from Colorado

Intriguing to say the least... because one can easily see the divide between urban progressives and rural conservatives in CO...

Thoughts???

Don't think its going to happen...but it does bring up something I was always curious about; the American penchant to simply get tired of shit and say, "Enough is enough." We limit the House of Representatives to 435 members and have since 1911; As you may have noticed, the population has increased a bit in the last 102 years. Why limit the nation to 50 states? I don't object to new states; I do object to the reasoning however....just because you don't like the current weather you don't leave. If the climate becomes unsustainable...then you should consider leaving. The idea of the climate changing that much in this nation is silly given the gridlock that infects every cornoer of it.

However, it would seem to me that after 50 years of being stuck on 50, it may be time to acquire some new states...more resources; more people.

Stopping because we're on a round number is bizarre.

:lol:

Did you read you're own link?

Almost half United States threaten to secede

top national news
November 12, 2012
By: Deborah Dupre
Subscribe

Nearly half of the United States petition to secede from corrupt gangster government
Nearly half of the United States petition to secede from corrupt gangster government
Credits:
Reflight
20 Email
Top News newsletter

Half of the United States are threatening to secede while citizens in twenty states are already petitioning the Obama Administration to peacefully withdraw from the United States of America to create their own governments due to continual human rights abuses being committed at the federal level as it instead protects corporate interests.

States following Louisiana, the first state to take this action, include: Texas, Oregon, Alabama, Tennessee, Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Jersey, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, Mississippi, Michigan, New York, Florida, Indiana and Kentucky.

:lol: yeah, all those blue state cons want to get out.

oh wait...

Ha,ha, you must not know how to count. How many are red? How many are blue?

Figure it out.

I want parts of Alabama,Tennessee,Georgia,North Carolina,Kentucky,West Va,Virginia turned into Appalachia. Its capital would be Asheville.

I think some parts of those states are already Appalachia - if you get my drift!

Empires don't last long when most of their territory is non-contiguous, so... even though we've had our fun in acquiring Hawaii and Alaska, for various strategic reasons, the next States, if any, should probably be a little closer to the nucleus or core of the beast... ;-)

And no.. not talking PR...

Northern Colorado wants to secede from Colorado

Intriguing to say the least... because one can easily see the divide between urban progressives and rural conservatives in CO...

Thoughts???

Let's just divide all states into two or three states. When we're done with that, then we can do it again. Before you know it, we'll have 300 states, then we can do it again. Why not just have every county in every state become a new state. That would be cool.

Maybe we should add 6 mores states since Obama thought we had 57 states during his 2008 campaign.

Forum List

Back