Poweful photos of people living in poverty....

It's not a 'liberal' policy when the Republicans had multiple chances to end it.

Its not their fault they've accepted the role of perpetual victim. They could do something about all these "liberal" things but the best they can muster is whining.

The conservative rich have cleverly convinced a large portion of our middle/working class to think and vote conservative by getting them to blame the poor for all their woes...

...it's the classic magician's tactic of misdirection.

The least powerful are the most to blame. Weird shit. Again, if they blame liberals for all these things then why are Republicans such losers that they cant seem to push a bill, stand up for poor people etc?

Liberals control that too?

Conservatives want poverty to look like this:

poverty-in-africa.jpg

because conservatives think that if you make the poor FEEL their poverty, they'll magically stop being poor.

why are those little African kids starving? Any idea NY? I can't wait to hear your answer

They are starving because they are poor in the way you want poor to be.

Bullshit, they are starving because:
1. they live in a desert
2. their governments are corrupt
3. there is no birth control
4. their countries are full of warring factions
5. radical muslims are killing their parents
6. they live in countries where one group enslaves other groups based on tribes or religion
7. medical facilities are non existent

Sadly, this is the way our planet has controlled its population for millions of years---------wars, famines, ignorance, etc.

We cannot fix it. Churches and charities do what they can, but its a problem that cannot be fixed.

Wow, an insult.

nope, just a statement of fact.

Do you really expect people to answer the points you try and make when you insult?

aw, did I hurt your widdle feewings? Ok, remove the word 'idiot' from my post and answer the question.

are you really that stupid? liberal policies have created the poverty and hopelessness, wake up.

happy now, little girl?

I think I'll just stick you on the ignore list.

I don't do insulters.

I can never ignore the constant reminders around here of how much smarter I am than these people.

The problem is they want you to go down to their level, and I'm just bored with that game.

We do the exact wrong thing in the so called "war on poverty". We enable them and give them money and benefits, etc., to the point where we make poverty a viable option for these people. Why should they work? Why should they get up early in the morning and go to work when they can get paid to watch TV, fuck, have more babies, stay out late, and do nothing at all? The more money and services we provide them, the less chance they will try to get out of poverty. That's why we have failed, that's why poverty has increased since we started this "war". We are doing it wrong.

Democracy may be the most populist form of gov't but too many will vote for poor candidates and poor governance in exchange for "free stuff."

We have voted away our Democracy in favor of...

Ineptocracy - (Noun) a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or even try are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

It's what happens when God is not part of their lives.

Poor people pray to god that things will get better more than any other group of people that I know of.

What would rich people be praying about? A lower cap gains rate? A bigger house? More money?

Do the rich pray for world peace? Or another super profitable war?

You tell me. You think God is on the rich persons side? Or does God sympathise with the plight of the poor?

Some rich are evil, some poor are evil, some middle class are evil.

evil is not based on wealth.

It's not a 'liberal' policy when the Republicans had multiple chances to end it.

Its not their fault they've accepted the role of perpetual victim. They could do something about all these "liberal" things but the best they can muster is whining.

The conservative rich have cleverly convinced a large portion of our middle/working class to think and vote conservative by getting them to blame the poor for all their woes...

The least powerful are the most to blame. Weird shit. Again, if they blame liberals for all these things then why are Republicans such losers that they cant seem to push a bill, stand up for poor people etc?

Liberals control that too?

Scapegoating is a powerful tactic in politics.

are you really that stupid? liberal policies created the poverty and hopelessness. Wake up, idiot.

No liberal policy did that.

BS, making being on welfare for life an acceptable way to live is a liberal policy. Providing more welfare for more illegitimate kids is a liberal policy.

And helping the poor doesn't hurt the poor. If it did, churches wouldn't do it would they? If it did, conservatives wouldn't brag about how much they supposedly give to charity, would they?
End anti poverty initiatives?

You'd be screaming from the rooftop.

I'm not for turning America into Africa, or Mexico, or India, or wherever the poor are as poor as can be.

Neither is anyone else, whats your point?

totally wrong, no one blames the poor, we blame the liberal ideology that has created generational poverty.

No liberal policy did that.

BS, making being on welfare for life an acceptable way to live is a liberal policy. Providing more welfare for more illegitimate kids is a liberal policy.

And helping the poor doesn't hurt the poor. If it did, churches wouldn't do it would they? If it did, conservatives wouldn't brag about how much they supposedly give to charity, would they?
End anti poverty initiatives?

You'd be screaming from the rooftop.

I'm not for turning America into Africa, or Mexico, or India, or wherever the poor are as poor as can be.

Neither is anyone else, whats your point?

You're for eliminating the government assistance to the poor that we have that has the real poverty rate down to about 4%.

still waiting for one of you libs to tell us why those little African kids are starving.

Now thats a strange question.

They are starving because they don't have food.

Damn that was a tough one.

why don't they have food?

Maybe they could use a Margaret Sanger type movement. But then you'd call that genocide.

genocide is already happening in much of the world. You are very naïve.

I looked at the photos. Maybe they'd lose some weight if they did some tidying and cleaning?

Poverty and lacking hope often go hand in hand.

People who have nothing to live for, don't care if they live in a mess, don't care if they're fat, don't care about much in life.

If you have a country that takes hope away from lots of people, what you get are ghettos, crime ridden areas, problems of all sorts.

You can take someone out of the ghetto who has no hope, stick them in the Army, give them something to live for, and they'll become a completely different person.

Utter digested bovine food. For Democrats, that means bull shit.

People who give up and blame their problems on somebody else, deserve all the misery they get.

In the crime ridden black ghettos there are Korean shops, owned and run by recently arrived immigrants, who operate their stores living in fear of getting robbed, burned and killed, but plugging away, regardless, with the hope of success, in spite the disadvantage of lacking language skills and societal skills.

If they can succeed and flourish, so could blacks if they only stopped listening to liberal/Democrat/communist charlatans like Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, Louis Farrakhan and Barak Obama.

No one should take someone out of the ghetto. People should take THEMSELVES out of the ghetto. Fewer tattoos, pants above the waist line, proper English, no hoodie on a warm day, and showing respect for non-black people would certainly help.

When Democrats take someone out of the ghetto, stick them into the Army, (or whatever other tax payer funded free loading establishment they can think of) they do not give hope to live for, they simply ensure that the person they pretended to help will remain just as dependent and slave to Democrats as ever before. Nothing proves this contention more than the consistent, year after year, blind, consistent 90+% of black vote for the Democrats.

When a black person DOES lift himself out of the ghetto, that person will automatically be labeled all invective by the liberals. Maybe because when a black person stops relying on liberals/government/ Democrats he/she will have self respect and WILL vote Republican.

The problem is, this isn't about blame. I didn't say I was blaming anyone for what is happening.

Basically it's about understanding how society works. Humans can be manipulated. If you see teachers teaching kids, you'll know this is the case. Different teachers can make kids behave differently with simple manipulation.

In the adult world, this is about choices in politics. How do we want society? Do we want lots of crime, do we want to be safe? Do we want a productive labor force, do we want idleness?

The right seem to want to see people fail, and so they make their policies that really don't attempt to put anything positive into society.

This is all happening around us. You can see it happening. The more you understand, the more you can manipulate and change.

Do you really like living in a society which has so many problems?

That is just horrible....

Why after six years of Republican Congressional control, haven't they passed a single anti-poverty bill?

Don't Republicans care?

They have a flat screen TV that's much larger than mine and their house is in far better mechanical repair than mine. They look better fed than I do and their clothes look newer than pretty much any of mine.

But at least those people like the Trumps, born into money, have everything they could ever want x 100. Why should they feel obligated to share? I think this is why Trump doesn't want to share his tax returns. He's a landlord. He's been in his units. He sees how "the little people" live. His followers might not like the stark contrast revealed and the lack of charity....and the number of goods Trump sold jobs to China in order to sell and make a better profit off of..
Guess what? They don't make CRT TVs anymore....haven't made them in 10 years

I doubt if their standard of living is higher than yours, it is a conservative myth

No, and it should not be higher. they are living on welfare------------that WE are paying for. The point is that it is far beyond subsistence, and a generational lifestyle.

The old...."Poor people do not suffer enough"

Unless our poor suffer to the satisfaction of conservatives, they will not want to get out of poverty

totally wrong, no one blames the poor, we blame the liberal ideology that has created generational poverty.

We have a 4% poverty rate. That would go to 15 or 20% or more easily if conservatives had their way.

People who have nothing to live for, don't care if they live in a mess, don't care if they're fat, don't care about much in life.
It's what happens when God is not part of their lives.

No, it's not.

I don't have God in my life. And I'm not lacking in hope.

Yes, religion can be a good way to give people hope. However there are better ways, as even religious people can be lacking in hope.

Having people around you who you care about, a job and skills which give you a reason to feel worthy are so much better.

Forum List

Back