Power the WORLD with solar panels.

At a dollar a watt for solar panels ... it's $3,000 to run just one burner ...

But the energy is free.

When something is free, you aren't wasting anything.

do your own research if you are in fact, interested in facts

amorphous silicon dioxide powder
I am fairly certain that wind turbines don't use it at all and, in fact, don't use anything made by that plant and you're just too chicken to admit you made a mistake. Or lied.

You do realize that there are new reactors than can run on recycled fuel rods, right?

What do I hear? "Goo goo, ga ga." Do you think you could handle talking like an adult on subjects that matter? Instead of this censoring queeeeeeerbait forum? If so, I suggest go to and join the freethought forum. Let me know that you did so. In what is probably the highly unlikely circumstance that I am still around here for you to tell me after making the statement and suggestion I did.

Though I will answer your stupid question. To that other person I suggested that they look up and find a documentary called, "Waste: A Nuclear Nightmare." Watch it. One of the things you will find out is that recycling fuel rods from nuclear reactors is a joke.

Look it up for yourself.

Did you make another silly claim with no actual evidence? I'm shocked!!

I found estimates that ranged from 20,000 years to 100,000 years.

You were off by a factor of 10-50? Shocking!

Though along the way I found out that some nuclear waste can remain dangerous for a million years.

Which nuclear waste?

Who knows.

Not you, you don't know anything.

There is a lot of radioactive waste dumped each year. Who knows how many people that has killed.

Where is US nuclear waste "dumped"?

Also, ever see the movie based on a true story called "Silkwood?"

How many people died because of US nuclear waste in "Silkwood"?

Another point is that just from nuclear tests done here in the U.S.

I'm not calling for more nuclear tests to generate electricity. Focus!

You sound like a skipping record.

Only to highlight your repeated idiocy.

You store energy during the day to use at night.

Right. Build twice the panels you need. Except in winter or cloudy weather.
Then you build 3 times, maybe 4 times? Plus $100K worth of batteries. More?

And you would still need power transmission lines to transmit power from place where the sun is shining to places where it isn't.

Right. Where does Chicago get some sweet solar at midnight? China?

I hear they figured out how to get then to utilize infrared radiation.

I'm sure that extra 1% is gonna make a huge difference. At double the cost? More?

You are far from the first to use this ploy on me. Just keep repeating nonsense for me to waste my time replying to. You are too stupid to talk to. Just go away.

No link means it didn't happen ... YOU are not intelligent enough ... YOU have ask a computer ... why are you bothering? ...

AI is programmed to lie ... this "Brave" browser is selling your personal information to the CCP ... lucky you ... it's telling you exactly what you want to hear ... [giggle] ...

"Let's end the suspense with some basic cost estimates. Most electric ovens draw between 2,000 and 5,000 watts, with the average electric stove wattage using between 1,000 and 3,000 watts. So how much energy does an electric stove use per hour? Assuming you’re priced at an electricity rate of 12¢ per kilowatt-hour (kWh), a 3000-watt oven will cost you about 36¢ per hour at high heat. As for the burners on the electric stove top, bigger burners draw more electricity. Many cooktops range from about 1,200 watts for the smallest burners to 3,000 watts for the largest, costing you roughly 14¢ and 36¢ per hour, respectively."

At a dollar a watt for solar panels ... it's $3,000 to run just one burner ...

Go back to Brave and tell her all about yourself ... I dare you ... get your cogging shoes on:

If you don't like the answer I gave, then "shove it." Next, why would an AI program lie. And how would it know what "I want to hear." Also, the question posed was how large of a solar panel would you need to heat a hot plate. Not an entire stove.

How will you feel when you and most of the rest of life on Earth is DEAD!!! Apparently you never thought about that. I did a thread on the subject called, "Our current mass extinction event." But it apparently is the job of at least one mod around here to see to it that you remain as STUPID as possible. So that thread was shitcanned to a section I can't see. And when I do a search for it, there is nothing to be found. And you want to worry about what would happen to weather patterns if the entire Sahara Desert was covered in solar panels? Why don't you say "goo goo, ga ga" and behave like the baby this forum wants you to behave like. And "think" like.
I am sorry you are so ignorant and juvenile. Have a nice fucking life!

I am fairly certain that wind turbines don't use it at all and, in fact, don't use anything made by that plant and you're just too chicken to admit you made a mistake. Or lied.
Crick, there is not one point I make that you can counter and prove wrong.

What makes you think that only one single product is made at polysilicon plant?

If you don't like the answer I gave, then "shove it." Next, why would an AI program lie. And how would it know what "I want to hear." Also, the question posed was how large of a solar panel would you need to heat a hot plate. Not an entire stove.
For breakfast, there is no sun. No amount of solar can make electricty when we need it. Breakfast time.

Crick, there is not one point I make that you can counter and prove wrong.

What makes you think that only one single product is made at polysilicon plant?
I'm sure they make all manner of things. But you claimed that they made products used in wind turbines. I asked what and you replied with amorphouse silicon dioxide powder. I've never built a wind turbine but I think I've got a pretty good idea of what goes into one and I don't think amorphous silicon dioxide powder is included. I asked you to show us some evidence that they use such stuff and you have yet to provide anything. It kind of looks like - as has so often been the case heretofore - you are lying.

For breakfast, there is no sun. No amount of solar can make electricty when we need it. Breakfast time.

You are delusional. Solar panels can provide all the electricity we need. All you need to do is store the excess power for times when the sun isn't shining. So, are you going to be like todster and keep bringing up that point over and over until I get sick of looking at it? And when I tell you to piss off, you can accuse me of running away too.

You are delusional. Solar panels can provide all the electricity we need. All you need to do is store the excess power for times when the sun isn't shining. So, are you going to be like todster and keep bringing up that point over and over until I get sick of looking at it? And when I tell you to piss off, you can accuse me of running away too.

How much will the batteries cost to give the entire US enough back up power for a week?

Gee, it must be true, you said so. How about the caoacity factor? What about the cost $500 trillion. Batteries? There is no battery or storage solution. Land? You dontvcare how much land it takes.

Imagine all you like.

I'm sure they make all manner of things. But you claimed that they made products used in wind turbines. I asked what and you replied with amorphouse silicon dioxide powder. I've never built a wind turbine but I think I've got a pretty good idea of what goes into one and I don't think amorphous silicon dioxide powder is included. I asked you to show us some evidence that they use such stuff and you have yet to provide anything. It kind of looks like - as has so often been the case heretofore - you are lying.
Poor crick, knows nothing, so nobody can tell you anything cause if you dont know nobody knows.

You asked, I told you.

Just buy $100,000 worth of batteries. And triple the amount of your panels, to charge them.

More of the same bullshit like it supposedly costing 100 trillion dollars for the U.S. to switch completely to solar. When the real cost would be 4 to 7 trillion dollars. The batteries for the average home to give you all the electricity you might need for nighttime use would cost 12 to 20 thousand dollars. Not 100,000 dollars. Tell me, are you purposefully being a stupid liar on your own? Or is somebody paying to to be one. Also, I don't know what a basic system would cost that would give you 10 kilowatt hours worth of stored energy. But with a federal tax credit, it would cost you $8,944 dollars.

Gee, it must be true, you said so. How about the caoacity factor? What about the cost $500 trillion. Batteries? There is no battery or storage solution. Land? You dontvcare how much land it takes.

Imagine all you like.

I see, more lies. Where did you dig up the 500 trillion dollar figure. For the U.S. to completely switch to solar power would cost 4 to 7 trillion dollars. As for land, we have tons of useless desert out there. Far more than enough. Also, what good is the space over all the highways doing. What good is all the space over any parking lot doing. What good is the space over any house or garage doing. If they were covered with solar panels, that alone would give us enough space. Also, if you added up all the paved streets in the U.S., it would come out to an area equal to the land area of West Virginia. Most of which you could probably put solar panels over. And you're worried about having enough space for the required amount of solar panels? Try to come up with a better stupid argument.

More of the same bullshit like it supposedly costing 100 trillion dollars for the U.S. to switch completely to solar. When the real cost would be 4 to 7 trillion dollars. The batteries for the average home to give you all the electricity you might need for nighttime use would cost 12 to 20 thousand dollars. Not 100,000 dollars. Tell me, are you purposefully being a stupid liar on your own? Or is somebody paying to to be one. Also, I don't know what a basic system would cost that would give you 10 kilowatt hours worth of stored energy. But with a federal tax credit, it would cost you $8,944 dollars.

The batteries for the average home to give you all the electricity you might need for nighttime use would cost 12 to 20 thousand dollars. Not 100,000 dollars.

Why do you feel overnight is enough storage?
Now back up your 12 to 20 thousand dollars claim.

Forum List

Back