President Trump hits back at China with tariffs

/——/ Yes I bought the best cell phone out there. Now change the laws do they can be made cheaply here. Libs environment laws, labor laws and taxes closed down US businesses with glee.

If you think it’s cheaper to make them here. Don’t you think they or me could have done that?

Even lying hypocrite Trump hiring foreign workers and products made in China, Mexico and Bangladesh.
Even his MAGA hats are made in China because it’s too costly to make them here in US.
/——/ again, reform the environmental, tax and labor laws that forced our companies to move overseas. Are you that dense?

So, your plan for making America great again is to make our working conditions and wages equal to that of China and Bangladesh?

I cannot wait to see a politician run on that platform.
/——/ So you want it both ways? BTW we managed to make everything here for decades and never were a third world hell hole. Reform the laws do we can compete

You are missing something cellblock.

The economy is booming big time...... That’s an indications that the current system is working. So why mess it up?

That is true we managed to do it ourselves for decades. But the country got bigger and bigger with bigger and bigger demands and humongous economy.
Let say you started a company with 10 employees. Business is good suddenly you need to add more employees. Imagine millions of businesses are like you. Then what do you think you should do? Wait for more Americans to breed more Americans?

Look at Trump with his Maralago club hired foreign workers because he said he cannot find cook, waiters and cleaners in Florida. Yet he keeps complaining that foreigners are taking over American jobs.
/——/ Libs say we’re on the path to ruin. Your one way trade deals is a proven failure. Libs squwak about trade imbalances and burger flipper jobs. Trump is fixing all of that.

So do you think we will lift our skirts for them?
So what is a Fair Trade with China?

We did not retaliate we declared war with China and they hit us back of the same amount $50 billions.

There is a lot of reasons why people like the republicans law makers, economist, business owners, farmers etc etc etc are afraid of trade wars....... That people like you refuse or don’t want to understand or believe that this is very bad for our country.

But I’m asking you a question. Can you give us an example why do you think Trade Wars is good for our country?

What do you think will happen when China stop loaning us money?

The US needs to borrow almost $300 billion this week

1. China doesn't on the largest balances of our debts, and if they dump them they do damage to themselves. They have all this money because companies like Walmart buy their shit.

2. Given there refusal to confirm to the WTO principles as a State run economy then countries have a right to counter their abuses. They need our markets more than we need them. We are not alone in this as the EU and other countries are doing similar measures against them.

3. The only way to make them stop their manipulation is playing hardball with them. Until the conduct FAIR trade.

4. In regards to their military they are building weapons to kill us off their booking economic growth. This is not in the best interest of the United States.

1. No. If China stop loaning us then where do we go?
Where do you think companies or retailers go like Walmart and hypocrite Trump in order to be competitive and poor Americans able to afford cheap products?

2. The result of that is catastrophic to our economy...... Meaning you and me will make our life more expensive as it is. Guarantee you 100%. I’m not sure how old or stable you are ........ but if you depend with your SS retirement as an income let say $2,500/month ( not sure the exact amount). By next year that will only worth $2,000 or less. Is that acceptable just because we have a very lousy president??

How tariffs on China could make your life more expensive

3. You only worsen that by waging a trade war.

4. Who are we to tell other countries like China, Iran etc etc etc not to build or strengthen their own military.
Are they telling us not build more aircraft carriers, fighters jets etc etc etc etc.
where do we go? where do we go?

Fk dude, you stop spending what you don't have! why are you on the left so ignorant?

This from the partisan zealot that is totally silent in the 2.5 trillion the right is on track to add the debt this year.

Hypocrite much??

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
dude, I am not happy with any politician in DC, Left or Right. They let the american people down. The president won on an agenda, and that agenda wasn't included in the bill. I can only do one thing as a voter, and I intend on doing it.

Which is what ...keep voting for the (R)?

it's that or sit back and enjoy the rape on our citizens. seems you're good with that. You and Clayton Williams.
YES BRING ON TARIFFS
China Tariffs Could Wreck Republicans in November
Pain from trade war could hit Midwestern states with pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in 2018.
By
Joshua Green
April 4, 2018, 1:40 PM EDT
1000x-1.png

President Trump may insist—as he did on Twitter Wednesday morning—“We are not in a trade war with China,” but the $50 billion in tariffs his administration proposes putting on Chinese goods has already spooked markets, with a broad sell-off hitting U.S. stocks. The damage could also extend to the U.S. midterm elections.

would issue 25 percent retaliatory levies on roughly $50 billion of U.S. imports, including soybeans, cars, chemicals and aircraft. These levies appear to be targeted at states, particularly in the Midwest, where Trump’s support is strongest. But, crucially, many of these states also have pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in November. The economic blow from new tariffs could upend many of these races, potentially shifting control of statehouses and the U.S. Senate to Democrats.

1000x-1.png

Take soybeans. In the 2016 election, Trump won eight of the 10 states with the largest soybean acreage, all of them in the Midwest. Many of those same states are now host to some of the country’s closest races for Senate (Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota) and governor (Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota).

Political experts say the economic impact of Chinese tariffs on farmers may play out at the ballot box in November. “The farm community is a pretty powerful voting bloc,” said Jennifer Duffy, who follows Senate and governors races for the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. “If they are unhappy, they turn out in big numbers and can really change things in a hurry.”

That’s a potential boon for Democratic candidates. Three of the four most vulnerable Democratic Senate incumbents hail from Indiana, Missouri, and North Dakota—states that stand to be hit hardest by Chinese soybean tariffs.

And it’s bad news for Republicans. In Illinois, whose 10.6 million acres of soybeans are more than any other state’s, the incumbent governor, Bruce Rauner, already trails his Democratic challenger, Hyatt hotel heir J.B. Pritzker, according to recent polls. Republicans are also defending statehouses in what are expected to be close races in Wisconsin and Ohio.

“This could be very good for Democrats,” said Duffy. “Trump started this. It makes Republicans’ bid to hold the Senate harder. And it might even make Republicans start looking over their shoulder at places that shouldn’t be competitive, like Nebraska and Mississippi, where the Democrat, Mike Espy, is a former Agriculture secretary.”

(Corrects the title of the map of planned soybean acreage in 2018.)

This was only the third time in history that soybeans were expected to be planted more than corn, and now there is a trade war and these folks are fucked.
so you think corn won't sell? fk china, they can do without soy beans.

Where do you think they will sell those corns or soybeans JC?

About 90% of corn tortilla that Mexico consumed are from US. We put Mexican farmers out business. They can’t take more of our corns.
But they are willing to plant their own corn if Trump fuck up NAFTA.

A lot of US farmers will be out of business.

I’m still waiting for when that “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN” start working. I haven’t seen anything yet.
/——/ Why can’t the farmers grow other stuff besides corn? Let them grow hemp like in colonial days. It’s s great cash crop.

They do bud. They do not only plant corns. Remember corns are not produce year round. If you go to groceries corns are mostly abundant during summer.

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
Pain from trade war could hit Midwestern states with pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in 2018.
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

President Trump may insist—as he did on Twitter Wednesday morning—“We are not in a trade war with China,” but the $50 billion in tariffs his administration proposes putting on Chinese goods has already spooked markets, with a broad sell-off hitting U.S. stocks. The damage could also extend to the U.S. midterm elections.

would issue 25 percent retaliatory levies on roughly $50 billion of U.S. imports, including soybeans, cars, chemicals and aircraft. These levies appear to be targeted at states, particularly in the Midwest, where Trump’s support is strongest. But, crucially, many of these states also have pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in November. The economic blow from new tariffs could upend many of these races, potentially shifting control of statehouses and the U.S. Senate to Democrats.

1000x-1.png

Take soybeans. In the 2016 election, Trump won eight of the 10 states with the largest soybean acreage, all of them in the Midwest. Many of those same states are now host to some of the country’s closest races for Senate (Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota) and governor (Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota).

Political experts say the economic impact of Chinese tariffs on farmers may play out at the ballot box in November. “The farm community is a pretty powerful voting bloc,” said Jennifer Duffy, who follows Senate and governors races for the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. “If they are unhappy, they turn out in big numbers and can really change things in a hurry.”

That’s a potential boon for Democratic candidates. Three of the four most vulnerable Democratic Senate incumbents hail from Indiana, Missouri, and North Dakota—states that stand to be hit hardest by Chinese soybean tariffs.

And it’s bad news for Republicans. In Illinois, whose 10.6 million acres of soybeans are more than any other state’s, the incumbent governor, Bruce Rauner, already trails his Democratic challenger, Hyatt hotel heir J.B. Pritzker, according to recent polls. Republicans are also defending statehouses in what are expected to be close races in Wisconsin and Ohio.

“This could be very good for Democrats,” said Duffy. “Trump started this. It makes Republicans’ bid to hold the Senate harder. And it might even make Republicans start looking over their shoulder at places that shouldn’t be competitive, like Nebraska and Mississippi, where the Democrat, Mike Espy, is a former Agriculture secretary.”

This was only the third time in history that soybeans were expected to be planted more than corn, and now there is a trade war and these folks are fucked.

About 90% of corn tortilla that Mexico consumed are from US. We put Mexican farmers out business. They can’t take more of our corns.

I’m still waiting for when that “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN” start working. I haven’t seen anything yet.
/——/ Why can’t the farmers grow other stuff besides corn? Let them grow hemp like in colonial days. It’s s great cash crop.

They do bud. They do not only plant corns. Remember corns are not produce year round. If you go to groceries corns are mostly abundant during summer.

Corns??

1. China doesn't on the largest balances of our debts, and if they dump them they do damage to themselves. They have all this money because companies like Walmart buy their shit.

2. Given there refusal to confirm to the WTO principles as a State run economy then countries have a right to counter their abuses. They need our markets more than we need them. We are not alone in this as the EU and other countries are doing similar measures against them.

3. The only way to make them stop their manipulation is playing hardball with them. Until the conduct FAIR trade.

4. In regards to their military they are building weapons to kill us off their booking economic growth. This is not in the best interest of the United States.

Where do you think companies or retailers go like Walmart and hypocrite Trump in order to be competitive and poor Americans able to afford cheap products?

2. The result of that is catastrophic to our economy...... Meaning you and me will make our life more expensive as it is. Guarantee you 100%. I’m not sure how old or stable you are ........ but if you depend with your SS retirement as an income let say $2,500/month ( not sure the exact amount). By next year that will only worth $2,000 or less. Is that acceptable just because we have a very lousy president??

4. Who are we to tell other countries like China, Iran etc etc etc not to build or strengthen their own military.
Are they telling us not build more aircraft carriers, fighters jets etc etc etc etc.

Fk dude, you stop spending what you don't have! why are you on the left so ignorant?

This from the partisan zealot that is totally silent in the 2.5 trillion the right is on track to add the debt this year.

Hypocrite much??

dude, I am not happy with any politician in DC, Left or Right. They let the american people down. The president won on an agenda, and that agenda wasn't included in the bill. I can only do one thing as a voter, and I intend on doing it.

I would never vote for a D. EVAH!!!! evil people. Pure Evil. I won't be voting for incumbents if that's really what you're asking.

You couldn't make this president up.
He is giving Putin everything he wants. Trump shut an embassy for show, and talks sanctions, but does next to nothing. The cost to Russia for interference, past present and future, is nil. Trump then announces his plan (OMG! Just like his enemy Obama) to pull the American presence out of Syria, handing that sorry mess to Russia, and announces his plan to in effect give Raqqa back to ISIS, after all their televised murders.

Meantime, he picks up a Fox story about a caravan of about 1200 Honduran kids who never intended to illegally invade the USA and turns it into hundreds of thousands of hardened rapists intent on violating our wives, mothers, daughters and sisters while stealing our jobs and/or living off our largesse. He calls lies truth and truth lies. He lies about Amazon because of a personal grudge, he thinks he can browbeat China into not retaliating his tariffs, and under it all is his low-IQ belief that a wall will protect us from the made-up monsters he creates. I'm amazed at the number of Americans who just eat that crap up and ask for more.
/——/ Why do have to distort everything thing? You don’t know the intentions of the horde of illegal wannabes? They can seek asylum if they can set foot on US foil. Did you cry like s bitch when Obozo stopped Cubans from getting asylum? Made up monsters? You’re nothing with out straw man arguments.

No he didn’t. I know truth hurts.
There is so much going on with Putin Putin Putin Putin Russia Russia Russia. All these investigations going on. His own cabinet members trashing Putin. Putin’s is not and will never be a friend of US.
Yet this lousy president keep kissing Putin ass. Who the hell does that kind of stupidity?

Name of the former POTUS is Obama a well respected here in US and overseas not Obozo.
Cubans are automatically become legal immigrants once they step into US soil. That the law since the 60s. Not because of Obama.

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

1000x-1.png

/——/ Who planted the “corns” on my feet?

He is giving Putin everything he wants. Trump shut an embassy for show, and talks sanctions, but does next to nothing. The cost to Russia for interference, past present and future, is nil. Trump then announces his plan (OMG! Just like his enemy Obama) to pull the American presence out of Syria, handing that sorry mess to Russia, and announces his plan to in effect give Raqqa back to ISIS, after all their televised murders.

Meantime, he picks up a Fox story about a caravan of about 1200 Honduran kids who never intended to illegally invade the USA and turns it into hundreds of thousands of hardened rapists intent on violating our wives, mothers, daughters and sisters while stealing our jobs and/or living off our largesse. He calls lies truth and truth lies. He lies about Amazon because of a personal grudge, he thinks he can browbeat China into not retaliating his tariffs, and under it all is his low-IQ belief that a wall will protect us from the made-up monsters he creates. I'm amazed at the number of Americans who just eat that crap up and ask for more.
/——/ Why do have to distort everything thing? You don’t know the intentions of the horde of illegal wannabes? They can seek asylum if they can set foot on US foil. Did you cry like s bitch when Obozo stopped Cubans from getting asylum? Made up monsters? You’re nothing with out straw man arguments.

There is so much going on with Putin Putin Putin Putin Russia Russia Russia. All these investigations going on. His own cabinet members trashing Putin. Putin’s is not and will never be a friend of US.
Yet this lousy president keep kissing Putin ass. Who the hell does that kind of stupidity?

Name of the former POTUS is Obama a well respected here in US and overseas not Obozo.
Cubans are automatically become legal immigrants once they step into US soil. That the law since the 60s. Not because of Obama.
/——/ Try and keep up, Spanky: Obama Administration Ends Refugee Policy That Favored Cubans

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

1000x-1.png

That is not the kind of corn we are talking about we’re talking about corn for grain, not sweet corn

Hypocrite much??

/——/ Yes, keep voting R and primary out RINOs.

If you think it’s cheaper to make them here. Don’t you think they or me could have done that?

Even lying hypocrite Trump hiring foreign workers and products made in China, Mexico and Bangladesh.
Even his MAGA hats are made in China because it’s too costly to make them here in US.
/——/ again, reform the environmental, tax and labor laws that forced our companies to move overseas. Are you that dense?

So, your plan for making America great again is to make our working conditions and wages equal to that of China and Bangladesh?

I cannot wait to see a politician run on that platform.
/——/ So you want it both ways? BTW we managed to make everything here for decades and never were a third world hell hole. Reform the laws do we can compete

You are missing something cellblock.

The economy is booming big time...... That’s an indications that the current system is working. So why mess it up?

That is true we managed to do it ourselves for decades. But the country got bigger and bigger with bigger and bigger demands and humongous economy.
Let say you started a company with 10 employees. Business is good suddenly you need to add more employees. Imagine millions of businesses are like you. Then what do you think you should do? Wait for more Americans to breed more Americans?

Look at Trump with his Maralago club hired foreign workers because he said he cannot find cook, waiters and cleaners in Florida. Yet he keeps complaining that foreigners are taking over American jobs.
/——/ Libs say we’re on the path to ruin. Your one way trade deals is a proven failure. Libs squwak about trade imbalances and burger flipper jobs. Trump is fixing all of that.

Trump is not fixing anything dude. The only person that keeps saying that is this lousy president.
That has always been his style is to stokes fear so follower like you don’t give a shit even if it will hurt you.

What ruin? Look at the booming economy that I keep telling you over and over. Does it look like we need more problems?

Last edited:

Hypocrite much??

I would never vote for a D. EVAH!!!! evil people. Pure Evil. I won't be voting for incumbents if that's really what you're asking.

Unless the incumbent is running against a Dem then you will vote for them

Every time Trump opens his mouth ,he lies and his supporters eat it up And I'm tougher on Russia too
/——/ Funny how you libtards call the president a liar without any proof whatsoever. You scum did the same to GWB and Mitt. Liberals are evil.

Truth hurts.
He is a liar big time with ADHD.

Hypocrite much??

Unless the incumbent is running against a Dem then you will vote for them

yep, cause I don't want evil representing me. Again, I am voting out any incumbent in primaries.

Every time Trump opens his mouth ,he lies and his supporters eat it up And I'm tougher on Russia too
/——/ Funny how you libtards call the president a liar without any proof whatsoever. You scum did the same to GWB and Mitt. Liberals are evil.
NO PROOF ?? You know how to use google?? Try it you'll find 100's Every time he moves his lips he lies\
/——/ OK Libtard. You said every time he opens his mouth he lies. This is what the president said this morning. Now prove it’s a lie: “Our Border Laws are very weak while those of Mexico & Canada are very strong. Congress must change these Obama era, and other, laws NOW! The Democrats stand in our way - they want people to pour into our country unchecked....CRIME! We will be taking strong action today.”

You just gave a very good example that Trump is a FUCKING LIAR. Or just don’t know what he is talking about as always. Dude Trump is either dumb or stupid.

1. Mexican borders is extremely very weak. If Mexico is tough..... How the hell those migrants from Hondurans or El Salvador able to cross Mexican borders heading towards US?
2. Canada there are no border guards entering or leaving Canada. You can just cross the farm land.

Let say you removed the Democrats in this equation..... Do you think those migrants will stop coming here illegally?

With that kind statements...... The democrats the democrats that proved he is NOT capable of running this country but cowardly dividing this country. AS ALWAYS.

That is not the kind of corn we are talking about we’re talking about corn for grain, not sweet corn

Have you ever seen or even look farms? Do they plant the same crop year round?

/——/ Who planted the “corns” on my feet?

Very intelligent rebuttal.

/——/ Try and keep up, Spanky: Obama Administration Ends Refugee Policy That Favored Cubans

Really? I MEAN REALLY?
Did you really understand your link? Read your link carefully and tell me what is wrong with your link?

I work in the Agcucltuarlal industry as a statistician. So, yes I have and yes, for the most part they do, at least in the Mid-west they do. They rotate corn and beans as the beans are not as hard on the land and require less chem and fert. Grain farms are pretty much grain farms all the time.

The farmers that grow sweet corn do so apart from their grain crops as the process and growing time is much different.

I work in the Agcucltuarlal industry as a statistician. So, yes I have and yes, for the most part they do, at least in the Mid-west they do. They rotate corn and beans as the beans are not as hard on the land and require less chem and fert. Grain farms are pretty much grain farms all the time.

The farmers that grow sweet corn do so apart from their grain crops as the process and growing time is much different.
/——/ If I was a farmer I’d grow beer. Just sain’

Forum List

Back