Pride flag desecration is a hate crime

Oh darn.

mgid:arc:imageassetref:logotv.com:75d6e2d1-eb45-11ec-b047-02e53f0256a7

I thought flag desecration was protected speech. Why is this different?

Interesting. Of course this is a bit different then burning your own American flag in public considering it was done at a local business and it was someone else's flag.

I am curious if the person did that in public with their own gay pride flag would it be a hate crime?

Not likely. The guy is a freak and should get all kinds of charges but I'm not sure a hate crime should be one of them.

Democrats will make many more laws like this.

Soon there will be speech crimes. Don't call a dude acting like a chicken, a dude... or else...

Burn every LGBTQ+ flag/symbol you come across and make vids. Make burning their shit a viral trend on the webs.

Last edited:
Do you know what a "crime" is? ... you seem to be confusing the fundamental issue here ... it is a "crime" to steal someone's flag ... someone comes up onto your front porch when you're not at home and takes your American flag ... that person is guilty of the "crime" of theft ...

I shouldn't have to be mothering you over the internet ...
how is theft a hate crime?

Why is desecrating an American flag an exercise of free speech, but doing the same to a pride flag is hate speech?

Why is desecrating an American flag an exercise of free speech, but doing the same to a pride flag is hate speech?

Because it's ok to hate patriotic Americans who proudly fly their country's flag, but not ok to hate LGBT Americans who fly their flag.

Already explained to you. You don't have a right to desecrate someone else's flag and if you do so because you're a hateful bigot well that's a modifier to your original crime.

Already explained to you. You don't have a right to desecrate someone else's flag and if you do so because you're a hateful bigot well that's a modifier to your original crime.
so why then would it not be a hate crime if the flag in this case was an American flag?

The same party that sends out its brownshirts to burn down people's businesses are trying to make petty theft and public indecency into a hate crime.

Did they steal the flag? ... then it's theft ... was it wove of synthetic materials? ... then it's reckless indifference to human life ... these are crimes ... what's the problem? ...

None of those things have anything to do with a hate crime.

Forum List

Back