Pride flag desecration is a hate crime

Excellent question. Don’t expect an intellectual response.
I asked a follow up question and I'm still waiting for an answer. In this scenario is the American flag burner doing it because he hates Americans? Because typically I see Americans burning American flags and it seems pretty clear that what they are opposing is American policy rather than displaying hate for Americans but if you could prove it was done out of hate for Americans rather than American policy I don't have any problem with the law being applied equally.

None of those things have anything to do with a hate crime.

Of course there is ... before the act is a "hate crime" ... there must be an underlying crime ...

If you spray paint a Star-of-David on the side of a synagogue ... you've committed a crime ... it's not patently hateful, so it's just a crime ...

Spray paint a swastika on the side of your own home ... that's patently hateful ... but not a crime ...

See where this is going? ... spray paint a swastika on the side of a synagogue ... well, that's FIRST a crime, THEN it is hateful ... a hate crime ... without the crime, the hate is protected under the 1st Amendment ...

I asked a follow up question and I'm still waiting for an answer. In this scenario is the American flag burner doing it because he hates Americans? Because typically I see Americans burning American flags and it seems pretty clear that what they are opposing is American policy rather than displaying hate for Americans but if you could prove it was done out of hate for Americans rather than American policy I don't have any problem with the law being applied equally.

I burn the Oregon State flag because I hate Oregon ... Oregonians especially ... why is that a crime? ...

Assuming I burn between Oct 15th and Jun 15th, I call and find out if it's a burn day, the flag is made of natural materials, AND I can prove I own the flag ... and some local jurisdictions require a burn permit and fees ...

I burn the Oregon State flag because I hate Oregon ... Oregonians especially ... why is that a crime? ...

Assuming I burn between Oct 15th and Jun 15th, I call and find out if it's a burn day, the flag is made of natural materials, AND I can prove I own the flag ... and some local jurisdictions require a burn permit and fees ...
I was assuming in their scenario the American flag in question was stolen.

Feelings mutual but I replied nonetheless. Still waiting on yours coward.
What are you waiting for, you idiot?
Yeah .. stealing a flag is a crime ... I guess conservatives think stealing from people they disagree with is lawful or something ...
So if you steal an American flag off of someone’s house and burn it, why isn’t that a hate crime?

Idiots.

Your own flag....

Is your theory that American flags are being burned because the people burning them hate Americans?
If burning a pride flag is a hate crime, why isn’t burning an American flag a hate crime?

What are you waiting for, you idiot?

So if you steal an American flag off of someone’s house and burn it, why isn’t that a hate crime?

Idiots.

What kind of idiot thinks stealing a flag off someone's porch isn't a crime ... (color coded for better understanding) ...

Obviously, you don't spend much time in a court-of-law ... your complete lack of experience shows ... Bubba didn't finish Middle School, so he can't read and understand written law ... sad ...

If burning a pride flag is a hate crime, why isn’t burning an American flag a hate crime?
I never said it couldn't be. It would depend on the context. Did someone steal the American flag? Was it burnt because the person hates Americans? Those are things that would determine if it was a hate crime or not.

HEY STUPID .. you can burn your own flag ... go ahead ... go buy a flag with your own money and burn it in your own front yard ... it doesn't matter the kind of flag or if you hate the flyers of the flag ... indeed you can burn it BECAUSE you hate the flyers ...

Why on Earth did you think you can't do this in the USA ... here's Antonin Scalia's opinion ... dumbass ...

I thought flag desecration was protected speech. Why is this different?

I used to work in Santa Ana, CA many years ago. A bastion for illegals invaders from the south. I found at least 3 American flags that had been stomped on and half burned. One had cigarette burns in it. I rescued all of them and put them to rest in the traditional and proper way. I checked to see what the laws were in desecrating an American flag and found that it was a protected form of "free speech."

Conversely, I will destroy a gay flag if I ever come across one as my expression of free speech. They're a blight for sore eyes.

sounds like you ran out of that tasty queer beer....food stamps only go so far

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ... brewed in the Trump areas of California ... Chico ... glass shards in the bottle is a small price to pay for the better brews ... but keep drinking Coors, no faggotry there ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Bubba didn't finish Middle School, can't read written law ...

CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME A STRAIGHT FLAG?
1685020567983.jpeg

Forum List

Back