Proof That Ted Cruz Did Not Become A U.S. Citizen At Birth

Hmm, I don't think it's that simple. But I don't plan to vote for the turd and he could never win a national election anyway.

Canadian Citizenship Act 1946 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although Canada restricted dual citizenship between 1947 and 1977, there were some situations where Canadians could nevertheless legally possess another citizenship. For example, migrants becoming Canadian citizens were not asked to formally prove that they had ceased to hold the nationality of their former country. Similarly children born in Canada to non-Canadian parents were not under any obligation to renounce a foreign citizenship they had acquired by descent. Holding a foreign passport did not in itself cause loss of Canadian citizenship.

As a conservative I seriously cant stand Cruz, when it comes to washing this country of the illegals, we might have a better outcome with hillary or bernie. Cruz is way too far left.
I pray that the liberals can discredit Cruz to the point of him not running.
as a strong conservative American, I proudly jump on the Cruz birther bandwagon. We dont need a damn cuban running our country.

Cruz did not need to be naturalized, because he is a natural born citizen via his mothers citizenship. Had she renounced her citizenship, prior to his birth, for that of another country- then he'd be ineligible.

Don't mistake natural born for naturalized. Cruz never needed to be naturalized (granted citizenship) as he had it by nature of his mothers citizenship.

Cruz did not need to be naturalized, because he is a natural born citizen via his mothers citizenship. Had she renounced her citizenship, prior to his birth, for that of another country- then he'd be ineligible.

Don't mistake natural born for naturalized. Cruz never needed to be naturalized (granted citizenship) as he had it by nature of his mothers citizenship.

You think the framers intended that a person running for President could be born anywhere, to at least ONE marginal American parent and that met all requirements to run for President?

Wonder why the just didnt write it that way in the COtUS and why all those Naturalization acts in the late 1700s?

Natural born, Born in the USA.

You think the framers intended that a person running for President could be born anywhere, to at least ONE marginal American parent and that met all requirements to run for President?

Wonder why the just didnt write it that way in the COtUS and why all those Naturalization acts in the late 1700s?

Natural born, Born in the USA.
There's nothing "marginal" about his mothers citizenship and the rights conveyed to her by it. Again, many Americans traveled abroad even then. You mistake the term natural born with naturalized. Ted Cruz never needed to be naturalized to gain citizenship, as he was natural born by virtue of his mothers citizenship.

You're better off arguing against his electability based on his politics...just saying.

You think the framers intended that a person running for President could be born anywhere, to at least ONE marginal American parent and that met all requirements to run for President? Wonder why the just didnt write it that way in the COtUS and why all those Naturalization acts in the late 1700s? Natural born, Born in the USA.
If there's ambiguity in the law, that favors the person who did not write it.

If Ted's mom had a Canadian voting license, then a real problem does exist.

No two ways about it.

No two ways about it.

Depends on when she became a Canadian citizen.

She seems to appear on the 1974 Canadian Voter List, but no record before that, that I've seen.

And Ted was born in 1970

Arcane laws.......never remedied. Stupid discussion. If Cruz wins the nomination.......ha ha.....and the general...ha ha ha....he gets to be president. He he.....ha ha ha.

No two ways about it.

Depends on when she became a Canadian citizen.

She seems to appear on the 1974 Canadian Voter List, but no record before that, that I've seen.

And Ted was born in 1970
That was not a voter list, and she never applied for, nor was granted, Canadian citizenship.

Forum List

Back