Punching Back Twice As Hard

Lewis's attitude is going to sink the ship, if it starts getting popularized among Democrats. We don't have a choice of whether Trump is our cup of tea. He won the election. This "He is not my President" shit is ridiculous. I can't stand the guy, personally, but he's still my President and the office has to be respected. Lewis should be fired for not understanding that distinction. No waiting for another election.
You can't "fire" a congressman.
I realize that, but I can dream. This is not acceptable from a man elected to work with others.
I respect the office

Lewis's attitude is going to sink the ship, if it starts getting popularized among Democrats. We don't have a choice of whether Trump is our cup of tea. He won the election. This "He is not my President" shit is ridiculous. I can't stand the guy, personally, but he's still my President and the office has to be respected. Lewis should be fired for not understanding that distinction. No waiting for another election.

That's ridiculous.
In what way?

John Lewis should not be "fired" for speaking his mind. He's an elected representative.

That's ridiculous.
Did they respect Obama ?? Or was I just hearing things when he was called a liar by a pos rep congress person? Or perhaps he wasn't a citizen for 8 years That respect??

Respect is earned, never given and in eight years Obama never came close to earning mine
lol and now you fall over trump?? lol Say a lot about you but I won't go there today

That's ridiculous.
In what way?

John Lewis should not be "fired" for speaking his mind. He's an elected representative.
He should be censored....

That's ridiculous.
Did they respect Obama ?? Or was I just hearing things when he was called a liar by a pos rep congress person? Or perhaps he wasn't a citizen for 8 years That respect??

Respect is earned, never given and in eight years Obama never came close to earning mine
lol and now you fall over trump?? lol Say a lot about you but I won't go there today

Sigh...once again I said Trump wasn't even my first, second or even third choice....do try to keep up

That's ridiculous.

Sigh...once again I said Trump wasn't even my first, second or even third choice....do try to keep up
He was my first....and only....

Lewis is the future. The division of government.
That's what I am bothered by. Exactly that.

I think you are conflating the abhorrent behaviour of the GOP for the last 8 years....disloyal opposition to a moderate pragmatist Obama.....with the entirely reasonable objection to an intemperate demagogue.

Not the same. But you can bet your ass that nutbags will claim that it is.

Trump isn't normal. He won't be treated as though he is.

Is this the congressman that thought Guam would flip over if we put to many troops on it? Or is there another one this stupid?

Lewis is the future. The division of government.
That's what I am bothered by. Exactly that.

I think you are conflating the abhorrent behaviour of the GOP for the last 8 years....disloyal opposition to a moderate pragmatist Obma.....with the entirely reasonable objection to an intemperate demagogue.

Not the same. But you can bet your ass that nutbags will claim that it is.

Trump isn't normal. He won't be treated as though he is.
Wait until you see how he treats you....:lol:

I just don't get stuff like this, I never understand what it's supposed to accomplish.

That's ridiculous.
In what way?

Okay. Maybe that was an overreaction. It concerns me though, that we are coming no closer to a productive willingness to work together on ANYTHING. The seesawing back and forth between Democrat only and then Republican only laws is self defeating in the long run. Oh, I just wish for moderation again.

I just don't get stuff like this, I never understand what it's supposed to accomplish.

It is supposed to draw Trump's response. It worked.

That's ridiculous.
In what way?

Okay. Maybe that was an overreaction. It concerns me though, that we are coming no closer to a productive willingness to work together on ANYTHING. The seesawing back and forth between Democrat only and then Republican only laws is self defeating in the long run. Oh, I just wish for moderation again.

Dem leaders have expressed a desire to work with Trump on issues. He has called them clowns and losers. Obama said he'd support Trumps health care plan if it is better.

Both sides don't do it.

Trump rips John Lewis: Worry about your ‘crime infested’ district.

“Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk – no action or results. Sad!”

Trump allies himself with a criminal enterprise trying to get him elected and he has the nerve to complain about crime elsewhere?

lol, classic RW nuttery.

Democrats are not prepared for the hell we are about to unleash upon them....
Yeah, I'm really scared. Shaking in my boots as a matter of fact.
You are a dimwitted Nazi.
Are ewe not aware how many demon rats including boohoolywood have publicly said the are scared shitless at what is to come?
To me there's a big difference between common citizens (however rich) hyperbolizing over the election and a 30 year professional legislator who says our incoming President is not legitimate. Maybe I'm wrong to castigate Lewis, but something is wrong with that picture in my mind.

Forum List

Back