Question for repubs: if abortion should be illegal, should it be illegal for a father to leave?

Does that mean you think the father should be legally obligated to help raise the child?

What I think is the legal system and government need to stay out of family matters altogether.

No that isn't a law of economics in the sense that it applies to any form of subsidization.

Bullshit. Ever since the welfare state was created back in the 60s the illegitimacy rate has risen among black Americans from 25% to 75%, it's now slightly over 50% with Hispanics, and now approaching 40% with white non-Hispanics. The only group that's still relatively low is Asians and that's because we still have a culture that embraces family stability, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time that you people will infect us with your cultural rot as well because that's what you do.

Does that mean you think the father should be legally obligated to help raise the child?

What I think is the legal system and government need to stay out of family matters altogether.

Well, I agree up to the point children are being neglected and/or abused.

The problem with that is the definition of abuse and neglect is becoming more and more broad. Now you have people being arrested for letting their kids play outside without supervision or leaving them in the car for three minutes when you run into a store.

Both parents are on the hook for the kid .

There's no law saying mom is free and dad is not .

I know a man blowing his load requires no labored effort, but surely men must realize the consequences of such an action if a woman ends up pregnant and keeps the baby. If conservatives cared about personal responsibility, they would address this.

Personally i don't think a man should be legally obligated to stay, but I also support a woman's right to choose. Everybody wins with that compromise.

I think when it comes to "personal responsibility", male RWs will pontificate about it endlessly when it serves to self-righteously shame easy targets like single mothers on welfare. It just makes them feel better about their own insecurities I guess. When it comes to issues closer to home like a father's role in the child's life, they keep their mouths shut like the hypocritical cowards that they are.

Oh, the burdon of heterosexuality.

No that isn't a law of economics in the sense that it applies to any form of subsidization.

Bullshit. Ever since the welfare state was created back in the 60s the illegitimacy rate has risen among black Americans from 25% to 75%, it's now slightly over 50% with Hispanics, and now approaching 40% with white non-Hispanics. The only group that's still relatively low is Asians and that's because we still have a culture that embraces family stability, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time that you people will infect us with your cultural rot as well because that's what you do.

What good is forcing people into marriage when 1/2 of them end in divorce ?

Well, I agree up to the point children are being neglected and/or abused.

The problem with that is the definition of abuse and neglect is becoming more and more broad. Now you have people being arrested for letting their kids play outside without supervision or leaving them in the car for three minutes when you run into a store.

Yeah, that's stupid.

Who's forcing people into marriage?

I don't care what's done with the child. It's not my responsibility. It's the responsibility of the person who made it and if they can't afford to make it they shouldn't. In this day and age with birth control and abortion freely available by places like Planned Parenthood there is absolutely no excuse for someone to have a child they can't afford to pay for.
God you people are so dense. You're so self-righteously focused on shaming the parents that you completely miss the point. The child still exists. That's the point. The child needs food and healthcare. That's what this boils down to. No one gives a shit what YOU think of the mother or her child. People still think the child needs adequate care.

No doubt the child is completely innocent and the screw ups are the parents. Shaming them, tough shit, they should be forced to take responsibility at the minimum financially.

If you're such a loser that you think you can have children without taking responsibility for your actions there should probably be forced labor camps for the incredibly stupid and irresponsible.

Nobody owes you anything unless you've actually worked or it .. if you can't handle your responsibilities in life you're a temporary charity case or a complete loser.
Don't you see how stupid it is to focus on fhe parents and not the child in question? No one is defending the parents' decision to mate.

Nope .. the child's well being is the top concern no doubt, legally, they can kill off the child I suppose and should be required to pay all charges related.

If the child is blessed with life and survival they should be required to pay all costs related until the child is an adult.
Fathers are legally obligated to support the child. Ever here of child support. Sometimes it's difficult to collect, but it's legally required.

Fathers are legally obligated to support the child. Ever here of child support. Sometimes it's difficult to collect, but it's legally required.

Actually, both parents are. Let's not forget there are single fathers out there too. I grew up with two kids who were raised by their dad because their mom left them to go pursue a career in country music.

I know a man blowing his load requires no labored effort, but surely men must realize the consequences of such an action if a woman ends up pregnant and keeps the baby. If conservatives cared about personal responsibility, they would address this.

Personally i don't think a man should be legally obligated to stay, but I also support a woman's right to choose. Everybody wins with that compromise.

I think when it comes to "personal responsibility", male RWs will pontificate about it endlessly when it serves to self-righteously shame easy targets like single mothers on welfare. It just makes them feel better about their own insecurities I guess. When it comes to issues closer to home like a father's role in the child's life, they keep their mouths shut like the hypocritical cowards that they are.
You can google Roe V. Wade to see if abortion is legal in the USA or not.

A more salient question would be whether it is legal to block access to abortion -- that is what is illegal.

Good luck.

Hopefully you can read case law well.

You're about to open up a whole can o' worms.....

Why ask Republicans? Their supporters are not the biggest demographic in this area.

Should it be legal for a woman to be able to demand child support to help raise the baby on her own if she decides to keep the baby but insist that the man has no say in her plan to kill the baby if she decides to have an abortion?

If the father wanted the baby and the mother didn't and the father got custody, could HE then demand child-support from HER, the mother?

Why ask Republicans? Their supporters are not the biggest demographic in this area.

Should it be legal for a woman to be able to demand child support to help raise the baby on her own if she decides to keep the baby but insist that the man has no say in her plan to kill the baby if she decides to have an abortion?

If the father wanted the baby and the mother didn't and the father got custody, could HE then demand child-support from HER, the mother?

Absolutely.

Who's forcing people into marriage?

I don't mean it literally . "Encourage" is a better term .

The military kind of does this . Lots of young people get married because guy joins the military and wants his girl to tag along . Out comes baby to keep mom busy while dad gets deployed . And shit eventually fails .

I saw some stat where poverty rates dramatically drop if people wait until after 25 to have kids .

If the kid ends up with grandma, they get get support for both mom and dad!

A. Why shouldn't you take care of your own child?
Why should I take care of my kids just because you say so? why not leave it to die in the streets? You dont care, right smart guy?

In today world if you can not afford to raise a child then use every option out there to prevent yourself from getting pregnant and stop demanding society to take care of your mistakes in life!

Progressive Liberals want the nanny state to raise their kids and Evangelical Social Conservatives want the nanny state to rule our bedrooms and all I want is humanity to use some commonsense and not create life if you can not afford to raise it!
so are you going to travel the country giving this little speech of yours at middle schools? is that the plan?

What is your plan?

Let me guess it is to tell everyone that they need to raise your unwanted children and to give you social welfare and if not then they are mean and wrong, right!

You spread your damn legs and allow a man to have his way then you're as stupid as the man that is having his way with you because you can buy a rubber to protect yourself with but why do something that will prevent unwanted children when they can get you a few bucks from the nanny state, right?
It's amazing to me you people still miss the point entirely. No one is defending the impoverished mother. The problem is what to do about the child.

Why do you care? Is the kid a Democrat?

A man is required to support the child....wether or not he wants to keep the child alive or not......this has already been addressed in law....

Forum List

Back