Rape survivor helping women to carry guns for self defense....

The 4th Circuit Court of appeals just recently, and obama, and the clintons......Everytown for gun violence.....the bloomberg groups....

No one has ever gone after the 2nd amendment son, you’re babbling.

Wow...the stupid is strong with you.....the clintons had a plan to use lawsuits against gun makers in order to limit gun ownership....New York is trying their best to price any gun ownership out of the hands of the people.....

Repealing an Amendment takes a lot of work....gutting it through poll taxes and literacy tests is far easier and is the way they are attacking the 2nd Amendment.....the 9th and 4th circuit courts are ruling against the 2nd Amendment...

If you have a 2nd Amendment but gun ownership is banned....how the fuck do you have the 2nd Amendment genius....?

And left wing Supreme Court justices want to gut the 2nd Amendment too....

The five extra words that can fix the Second Amendment

Emotional claims that the right to possess deadly weapons is so important that it is protected by the federal Constitution distort intelligent debate about the wisdom of particular aspects of proposed legislation designed to minimize the slaughter caused by the prevalence of guns in private hands. Those emotional arguments would be nullified by the adoption of my proposed amendment.

So no one has mounted an attempt to repeal it, thanks.

Oh, and this bastard here, don't forget about him.

How A Pro-2nd Amendment President Supported Gun Control

And he was wrong......we know he was wrong because the gun control laws do not reduce criminals ability to get guns....

And it was done only in response the BPP members exercising their 2nd amendment "rights". You "know" what you believe in son, that's all this is.

And he was wrong.....let me repeat that since you are slow at understanding basic concepts.....Reagan was wrong when he went against the Right to keep and Bear arms.....we all have that right, and it existed long before the Constitution and the Bill of Rights codified it into our legal system...

I'm all for women protecting themselves against assault but I don't think a gun is a practical defense for Rape. It's not like you can tell the Rapist "Oh hold on a sec, let me get my gun out of my purse". Better to learn how to turn yourself into a kicking, scratching, screaming Banshee. That has been proven to be effective in stopping sexual assault.

Sorry....but the actual research shows you are wrong. As do actual self defense accounts.

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

More guns and crossfire is your lone answer for everything, it is all you ever bring. And anyone who won't follow you down into that rabbit hole is "anti gun". You're really rather sad and pity worthy.

No...guns are not the answer to everything...but for specific questions of self defense against a violent attacker, a gun answers most of those questions....

Be afraid, be very very afraid, your society runs on it.

I'm all for women protecting themselves against assault but I don't think a gun is a practical defense for Rape. It's not like you can tell the Rapist "Oh hold on a sec, let me get my gun out of my purse". Better to learn how to turn yourself into a kicking, scratching, screaming Banshee. That has been proven to be effective in stopping sexual assault.

Sorry....but the actual research shows you are wrong. As do actual self defense accounts.

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

More guns and crossfire is your lone answer for everything, it is all you ever bring. And anyone who won't follow you down into that rabbit hole is "anti gun". You're really rather sad and pity worthy.

No...guns are not the answer to everything...but for specific questions of self defense against a violent attacker, a gun answers most of those questions....

Yes...explain your theories to the woman in the originl story....I am sure she believed like you did before she was violently raped....

No one has ever gone after the 2nd amendment son, you’re babbling.

Wow...the stupid is strong with you.....the clintons had a plan to use lawsuits against gun makers in order to limit gun ownership....New York is trying their best to price any gun ownership out of the hands of the people.....

Repealing an Amendment takes a lot of work....gutting it through poll taxes and literacy tests is far easier and is the way they are attacking the 2nd Amendment.....the 9th and 4th circuit courts are ruling against the 2nd Amendment...

If you have a 2nd Amendment but gun ownership is banned....how the fuck do you have the 2nd Amendment genius....?

Emotional claims that the right to possess deadly weapons is so important that it is protected by the federal Constitution distort intelligent debate about the wisdom of particular aspects of proposed legislation designed to minimize the slaughter caused by the prevalence of guns in private hands. Those emotional arguments would be nullified by the adoption of my proposed amendment.

And he was wrong......we know he was wrong because the gun control laws do not reduce criminals ability to get guns....

And it was done only in response the BPP members exercising their 2nd amendment "rights". You "know" what you believe in son, that's all this is.

And he was wrong.....let me repeat that since you are slow at understanding basic concepts.....Reagan was wrong when he went against the Right to keep and Bear arms.....we all have that right, and it existed long before the Constitution and the Bill of Rights codified it into our legal system...

Ronnie went against black folks bearing arms like nice little obedient white folk, that's all.

Yes...explain your theories to the woman in the originl story....I am sure she believed like you did before she was violently raped....

I'm sorry for the both of you, I cannot imagine what the two of you have been through.

Ronnie went against black folks bearing arms like nice little obedient white folk, that's all.

And he was wrong......right now blacks and women are the biggest growth sectors in gun ownership....they have finally realized that their self defense starts with themselves....not the government....

And he was wrong......right now blacks and women are the biggest growth sectors in gun ownership....they have finally realized that their self defense starts with themselves....not the government....

It's a nice day here, a bit chilly, but sunny and nice. I'm going to grab my flag and, oh, perhaps the 9mm Sig today, and go live out a fantasy and do some shooting. Cheers.

I'm sorry for the both of you, I cannot imagine what the two of you have been through.

She was violently raped...me, I have never been the victim of any crime, violent or other wise.....but I am a student of history and human nature......that informs my stand on the 2nd Amendment and self defense.

She was violently raped...me, I have never been the victim of any crime, violent or other wise.....but I am a student of history and human nature......that informs my stand on the 2nd Amendment and self defense.

No, you're not a student, you are a pitch man.

It's a nice day here, a bit chilly, but sunny and nice. I'm going to grab my flag and, oh, perhaps the 9mm Sig today, and go live out a fantasy and do some shooting. Cheers.

Good for you......thank the NRA, the 2nd Amendment Foundation and Gun owners of America and all of us who support those groups and vote to keep your Right to bear arms.....

Your 9mm Sig...is a military weapon...the 4th Circuit just stated that weapon is not protected by the 2nd Amendment.......

A student and an advocate......for the entire Bill of Rights, but in particular the 2nd Amendment....the one Right most under attack by fools and lazy people...

A student and an advocate......for the entire Bill of Rights, but in particular the 2nd Amendment....the one Right most under attack by fools and lazy people...

Preach on brother.

Preach on brother.

And you know I am right.....thanks.

You do realize that the 9mm Sig that you have is now considered unprotected by the 2nd Amendment per the 4th circuit...right? If that ruling stands then they can be banned in general..right?

Forum List

Back